The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. I just watched that part again. The person (slight build-could have been a girl) came out of the van and ran toward the gate and fired two shots at Michonne to get her to duck behind the bus then ran past and to the gate toward the Gov.

That person got out of the prison yard. No plot hole

It had feminine body language, and was the only one suited up. I too believe that this person will show up again. If not, I'm crying "plot hole" all the way home.

On another note, did anyone watch "Talking Dead" afterwards and catch the Woodbury joke?

Yeah, I'm thinking it was a woman, just based on build and body language. I'm glad it wasn't just me though. I was afraid I missed some blatant shot of her hopping into the Governor's truck as they took off.

No. I just watched that part again. The person (slight build-could have been a girl) came out of the van and ran toward the gate and fired two shots at Michonne to get her to duck behind the bus then ran past and to the gate toward the Gov.

That person got out of the prison yard. No plot hole

Hmm, I'll have to go back and rewatch. I remember her firing at Michonne, but I thought she kept running uphill towards the gate into the prison.

Rick drew a bead on him/her as she was running toward the gate but was out of ammo then had to take cover. The driver took one more shot at Michonne as he ran by the bus.

The gate that he was running to was the outer gate that he had just crashed

Bah! You just liked that she was nekkid again.

Actually I was rather indifferent about Andrea being nekkid. I'm a little surprised someone said this as I've bashed on Andrea a few times in this thread. But I'm inspired to post a list that I just made up.

Dudius' List of Current Key Female Characters of The Walking Dead (in order ranking from most bang-able to least)

1. Maggie
  2. Beth
  3. Michonne (I'd be super cautious, having heard about what the Governor did to her in the comics I wouldn't even try to get with her. But I wouldn't say no.)
  4. Andrea
  5. Carol (Only if she were the only hole to put it in)
  6. Judith (Would not bang because of obvious reasons)

Dudius' List of Current Key Female Characters of The Walking Dead (in order ranking from most bang-able to least)

Lol, let me switch that list up a bit...

1. Maggie
  2. Live Lori (attitude aside, she's a milf)
  3. Beth (was looking hot on Talking Dead)
  4. Judith (but in about 18 years you sicko :))
  5. Andrea (only if I catch her naked and in a good mood)
  6. The woman in Tyrese's group
  7. Michonne
  8. Dead Lori (had to put her above Carol)
  9. Carol (she's just hideous to me)

Actually I was rather indifferent about Andrea being nekkid. I'm a little surprised someone said this as I've bashed on Andrea a few times in this thread. But I'm inspired to post a list that I just made up.

1. Maggie
  2. Beth
  3. Michonne (I'd be super cautious, having heard about what the Governor did to her in the comics I wouldn't even try to get with her. But I wouldn't say no.)
  4. Andrea
  5. Carol (Only if she were the only hole to put it in)
  6. Judith (Would not bang because of obvious reasons)

Sorry, I had temporarily lost my list of things you've said.

Solid list, though.

Do you realize how AWESOME the show would be if Andrea had stuck the mayor?

She would be absolutely redeemed, the old gang would not only be reunited, but saved from the doodybag mayor.

Must.....not......hate......Andrea.....arghhhh!

Do you realize how AWESOME the show would be if Andrea had stuck the mayor?

She would be absolutely redeemed, the old gang would not only be reunited, but saved from the doodybag mayor.

Must.....not......hate......Andrea.....arghhhh!

but then we wouldn't get a whole episode of Andrea's inner turmoil. she has feelings for the Gov, but felt hurt by his "go then, and stay gone."

then felt bewildered and betrayed by Rick's "you're the enemy, now" attitude and remorse over what she did to Michonne.

the Gov accepted her back as if nothing happened. quite different than the homecoming Rick gave her.

funny thing on Talking Dead's Fresh Facts: during the filming of Andrea's arrival at the prison, she felt like a trapped animal and the rest of the cast would give her hugs between takes

Guess I'm not an alpha nerd. The talking dead has no appeal to me whatsoever.

In the show, Rick sent her off with a car, a weapon, a kind word, (not to mention the knowledge that the mayor had lied to her) FAR more than the governor with his superior resources would do.

NOPE!!! The turmoil was understood. She should have stuck him. I would have turned into a fully fanatical rabid fan. That would have brought the house down. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Poop on em.

we like the talking. wonder why more shows don't have after-shows like this. gotta be better than 90% of the crap on TV

the BigHair and I discuss the episode, I come to this thread to discuss the episode, just like the idea of hearing more opinions on it.

I would have loved an after-show for Breaking Bad. too bad it's too late

In the show, Rick sent her off with a car, a weapon, a kind word, (not to mention the knowledge that the mayor had lied to her) FAR more than the governor with his superior resources would do.

true... forgot about that

NOPE!!! The turmoil was understood. She should have stuck him. I would have turned into a fully fanatical rabid fan. That would have brought the house down. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Poop on em.

I understand that you understand the turmoil. the joke is that they'll focus an entire episode on it

Poop on em.

As for Talking Dead, I've just always found it entertaining and you get to see some of that discussion. I've watched it since before I joined HBT so it was almost the only discussion I had, and its part of my sunday ritual.

As for Rick sending Andrea off, I think he was still being cautious but was maybe trying to be kinder to her. I think Andrea is smart enough to understand she should avoid the Governor but as we can see, her emotions are too strong.

Something I didn't notice, when Carol suggested to Andrea that she give him a hot lay and then murder him, did anyone else know about the plan? I didn't notice if Rick knew when he sent Andrea off to Woodbury.

we like the talking. wonder why more shows don't have after-shows like this. gotta be better than 90% of the crap on TV

the BigHair and I discuss the episode, I come to this thread to discuss the episode, just like the idea of hearing more opinions on it.

I would have loved an after-show for Breaking Bad. too bad it's too late

You are convincing me!

I understand that you understand the turmoil. the joke is that they'll focus an entire episode on it

I get the joke.;) Iam saying that they screwed up. Rather than a season making moment like when the kid wandered out of the barn, they milk a sappy little plot device and lose some more of us.

. I think Andrea is smart enough to understand she should avoid the Governor but as we can see, her emotions are too strong.

Disagree!!! Unless the "talking" leaked something from the writers that contradicts, the open eyed look Andrea gave before getting nekkid with doodybag, said that she did NOT want to be with him and planned to stick him.

She just chickened out. (or rather, the writers did)

Disagree!!! Unless the "talking" leaked something from the writers that contradicts, the open eyed look Andrea gave before getting nekkid with doodybag, said that she did NOT want to be with him and planned to stick him.

She just chickened out. (or rather, the writers did)

not mentioned on Talking, I took that wide-eyed look as fear he would kill her, which I thought he would.

yes, the writers chickened out, because they can milk this for another couple weeks

also: who else thinks Tyrese's group is there on an infiltration/disinformation mission cooked up by Glenn? well, Tyrese & the girl, not the 2 other guys

not mentioned on Talking, I took that wide-eyed look as fear he would kill her, which I thought he would.

yes, the writers chickened out, because they can milk this for another couple weeks

also: who else thinks Tyrese's group is there on an infiltration/disinformation mission cooked up by Glenn? well, Tyrese & the girl, not the 2 other guys

I think the writers wanted to milk it out, plus I actually hope the Governor goes out more like a Disney villain than just assassinated in a anticlimactic way. Don't forget that we want him to suffer!

I kind of hope that you're right about the infiltration mission idea. I think it's plausible.

Could be cool, but I doubt it will happen. Seems kind of inconsistent with the writing.

I thought it was a good episode, I liked the song at the end.

It's fun watching now becaue this is so incredibly different from the comics. It's like playing a board game or some video games: the characters are the same, the setting is the same, but the story is very different!

Not sure how I haven't commented on this thread yet...

I think this season has a ton of potential, but man they are dragging on the Woodbury story. I am hoping for a few more "side plots" in the prison camp, because I'm losing interest in anything from the Woodbury story. Something has to give, hopefully soon. All suspense and no substance so far.

Also, they are making the same mistake they made with the early part of season 2, where the focused too much on the characters, and not enough on on the Zombies. Where are all the walkers in season 3? It's like they aren't even a threat anymore, I don't get a sense of danger for the characters.

I really miss that about season 1. Probably my all-time favorite moment was when Rick was hacking at the dead walker to cover himself in blood. It actually had comic relief, something that isn't really there anymore. Now that I think about it, season one was much more dynamic, with more intense suspense that wasn't stretched out.

rifraf said:
I thought it was a good episode, I liked the song at the end.

It's fun watching now becaue this is so incredibly different from the comics. It's like playing a board game or some video games: the characters are the same, the setting is the same, but the story is very different!

boooooooo

I mentioned earlier that I had hoped for this, but I seriously doubt it. Especially since they told the Governor that he was yelling at somebody that doesn't exist - that information would be totally unnecessary and even detrimental if they were in on it.

And Andrea is such a *****... God I hate her even more now. I'm tired of Woodbury and the Governor, she should have just killed him. It's really telling when I have more empathy for freaking MERLE than I do for Andrea.

A little while ago I was watching the black and white version of the episode when they got the guns back in Atlanta and there was an exchange between Glenn and Daryl that was almost exactly the same as the exchange between Daryl and Merle in the "Zombie Bomb" bomb episode. I found it kind of funny

Glenn was getting ready to run out into the street and get the guns.

Daryl: You got pretty big balls for a Chinaman
Glenn: I'm Korean
Daryl : Whatever

Then when Daryl was leaving Merle and Merle said he could go with him

Merle: I cant go back, I almost killed that Chinaman
Daryl: He ain't Chinese. He's Korean
Merle: Whatever

Ha!

A little while ago I was watching the black and white version of the episode when they got the guns back in Atlanta and there was an exchange between Glenn and Daryl that was almost exactly the same as the exchange between Daryl and Merle in the "Zombie Bomb" bomb episode. I found it kind of funny

Ha!

that is pretty funny.

Ha!

Yeah, I remembered that. Also found it interesting that redneck Darryl knew about the genetics involved (~50% of oriental Asians), when they get access to the booze at the CDC and he encourages Glenn to imbibe by saying (paraphrasing here), "I wanna see your face get red, boy!"

Speaking of that episode, anybody watching that new show with the same actor that played the CDC's fatalistic Edwin Jenner, The Americans? Not bad so far.

I did mean it though, it was good stuff. I only wish I had spotted it! It's details like that which can really show character development. Shame they threw it away to large extent.

Yeah, I didn't remember it either. The first exchange was as Daryl was starting to show some respect toward Glenn. I wonder if it is a precursor to Merle starting to change? Probably not, but you never know.

I did mean it though, it was good stuff. I only wish I had spotted it! It's details like that which can really show character development. Shame they threw it away to large extent.

I thought it was a great development of Darryl even before the throwback line was pointed out. Awesome!

I guess the people who catch up via Netflix in a couple years will get it if they survive season 2.

The last two episodes definitely raised the bar on closing scene songs! I'm with you Revvy (don't recognize it though).

Personally, I believe that anyone who made it this far is more than likely an asset to the group. I feel like they made a bad choice not picking up the hitchhiker.

I agree about the hitchhiker. I think Rick needs to stop isolating his group and start integrating with more survivors. As much as the governor is a psychopath, he proves that you can have a workable community that looks after each other, and attempts to re-build society.

Latest posts

Back