The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great homage to the comics in a few of those scenes.

*applause*

The good doctor got Abraham Ford's death from the comic books. I'm coming to the point now where I won't have foreknowledge from reading the comics as I read the first 110 or so issues. I'm actually happy about that because I love the show in spite of it's imperfections and I am looking forward to being surprised by an event in the show.

I thought this place would be booming with theories. All I know is I want next week to go super fast because I can't wait!!

I thought this place would be booming with theories. All I know is I want next week to go super fast because I can't wait!!

There's been quite a lot of back and forth on this, so I think everyone at this point has their theories. Personally I'm thinking it's Daryl.

Another "people make bad decisions which leads to bad outcomes episode", but then again we knew someone had to screw up for Negan to get his captives. Let's dive in, shall we?

Daryl Gets Bloodthirsty
We haven't seen "impulsive assh***" Daryl for a while, but Denise's death by Dwight has him all riled up, his revenge trip seems a lot more like season 1 Daryl than season 5 or 6 Daryl, which does make it a bit jarring, but it makes sense in context. Daryl, Glenn and Michonne head after him and eventually catch up, but then the group makes a classic mistake, they split the group, with Rosita going with Daryl on his revenge mission. Eventually all four of them get captured, presumably giving us our line up for SPOILERS potential death by Negan via bat beating.

Carol's Not So Excellent Adventure
Driving off with spiky car was maybe not such a great idea Carol. The moment when she's begging them to not force her to kill them, while they think she's begging them not to hurt her is a great moment, that hidden machine pistol is a great tactic. We don't know where Carol is at right now, but Morgan's adventure to find her appears to be just beginning. Could Morgan be following the wrong trail though? It looks like the blood trail is from one of Negan's wounded men, not Carol.

Rick is Too Cocky
Many of the early scenes are of happy couples doing happy couple things, but the one most focused on is Rick and Michonne, who only grudgingly exit their bedroom when Michonne mentions Maggie has everyone on a schedule. I think Rick's in for a big and unpleasant surprise, Rick says in the beginning of the episode that (paraphrasing) "We know this world and how to get what we want", but as Glenn said later in the episode "The World isn't what we thought it was". As a note, Morgan may have finally gotten through to Rick, however so much, by explaining what happened with the Wolves' leader, but Negan may very well wipe away any seeds of good will that Morgan has planted.

Maggie's Baby Problems
Early in the episode we see Maggie and Glenn showering and some of the bruises on her back and right side, I think these were meant to foreshadow the baby-related pain she seems to experience later in the show. Once again, I think a merging of Hilltop due to it having a pregnancy doctor is being heavily suggested here. Also, for those that thought Maggie was going to get the bat because of her hair cut, I think we can safely say you're wrong now; that pixie cut was for the Walking Dead.

The Finale Has Leaked
SPOILERS!
If you haven't read the comics and somehow haven't heard that Negan is going to kill someone, this is your last warning! Beyond here there be spoilers!

So, the Walking Dead season finale script has apparently leaked, and while I haven't read it, apparently season 6 ends on a cliffhanger so we won't find out who meets Lucille until NEXT SEASON! So hold off on all of that speculation for one more episode since we won't get an answer for 8 or so f***ing months!

I hate it when I'm right! :D

And I haven't read any comics!!!!

The worst part is............................... we're gonna have to wait till next season for any of this to finish, Talgrath's right.

Is it going to be Rick or Carol saving them? Both?

I'm getting tired of seeing the same stupid mistakes. People running off half cocked, more people chase them, then they split up. Why not just kill yourself at home? Has anyone learned from experience?

Im just wondering how Carol's automatic pistol (Glock 18 maybe) didnt jam while concealed in all that clothing. Though, every AR tends to have the dust cover on and every show with a gun since 1962 always has the person rack the slide for intimidation or right before a shooting, so I chalk it up to movie magic...

What is the motivation behind posting spoilers of an episode that hasn't even aired yet? Seriously...I'm at a loss.

Im just wondering how Carol's automatic pistol (Glock 18 maybe) didnt jam while concealed in all that clothing. Though, every AR tends to have the dust cover on and every show with a gun since 1962 always has the person rack the slide for intimidation or right before a shooting, so I chalk it up to movie magic...

Well yes, but then again we rarely see anyone actually cleaning a gun (Carol, if I remember correctly, had a scene where she did early in this season) and we almost never see a jam occur despite literally thousands of rounds having been fired on the show. People only run out of ammo when it adds to the tension (Carl and Rick had infinite ammo back in the season 4 fence break for example). I try not to think about realism too much with TV or movies, leads you down a bad path.

Well yes, but then again we rarely see anyone actually cleaning a gun (Carol, if I remember correctly, had a scene where she did early in this season) and we almost never see a jam occur despite literally thousands of rounds having been fired on the show. People only run out of ammo when it adds to the tension (Carl and Rick had infinite ammo back in the season 4 fence break for example). I try not to think about realism too much with TV or movies, leads you down a bad path.

Very true. Ive just always had this knack for picking out minute discrepancies in movies/shows since I was little. That scene only stood out because I used to carry a S&W Airweight for the very reason of jamming when fired through a pocket...

I will say though, that scene totally threw me off... I was expecting to see Rick picking those guys off from the field, but Carol pulling the Taxi Driver/Robert Quarles (Justified) was bada**

I hope it's a **** show. A bunch of regulars get killed. A bunch remain missing. A bunch are held hostage. And Alexandria falls or is destroyed. Then we can move forward next year with a different backstory and another point of view. If it's just more of the same I'm done.

11jwv1.jpg

I hope it's a **** show. A bunch of regulars get killed. A bunch remain missing. A bunch are held hostage. And Alexandria falls or is destroyed. Then we can move forward next year with a different backstory and another point of view. If it's just more of the same I'm done.

I've got bad news for you: This is pretty much how it is for The Walking Dead, at least based on the comics. There's a threat, Rick and company eventually figure a way to deal with it, usually with some casualties. In the comics Alexandria is still around, though now they're getting around on horses and wagons and farming, here's a picture:

the-walking-dead-alexandria-safe-zone-image.jpg

Robert Kirkman said there won't be a definite end to The Walking Dead, no "hey we fixed it and everything is awesome again", no cure, just life continuing on.

There will be an end to it. People will lose interest and stop watching. I have three episodes DVRd now that I haven't watched. The villian de jour is already getting old. I think it would be much better if it wasn't so beholden to the comics.

Well what I meant is the idea that MarkKF espoused about Alexandria getting destroyed or the series not following Rick and company anymore and focusing on someone else, that's pretty unlikely to happen given what we see in the comics. If a different "point of view" is all that is desired, there's Fear the Walking Dead...but I suspect there's a lot of the same sort of tensions and conflicts just earlier in the outbreak.

There will be an end to it. People will lose interest and stop watching. I have three episodes DVRd now that I haven't watched. The villian de jour is already getting old. I think it would be much better if it wasn't so beholden to the comics.

Stop recording it sometimes the really simple solutions escape us

Even once it "ends", there's going to be a Carl and Judith are all grown up and this is how they turned out episode. Provided they survive.

Stop recording it sometimes the really simple solutions escape us

Seems simple enough. :rolleyes:

I am recording because I may want to watch it later.

The point being that I am no longer excited to watch it every week as I had been in the past.

Now if I get to it fine. If not, eh, no big deal.

I kind of like the dynamic between our group and the Saviors. They have kind of built up this ideal that our group is almost invincible and can stand up to any challenge, maybe lose a few non-critical members along the way but still make it through fairly unfazed. It's good to see them run into another group that actually provides a challenge to their existence. They need to kill off a critical cast member or two to keep things interesting. They can't just keep killing off the second string members and expect to keep people motivated to watch it every week. I really like where the writers have taken the show and am excited to see what comes next.

Seems simple enough. :rolleyes:

I am recording because I may want to watch it later.

The point being that I am no longer excited to watch it every week as I had been in the past.

Now if I get to it fine. If not, eh, no big deal.

Just watch Better Call Saul instead. I'm really in to that show and love the character. Bob Odenkirk played that role so well in Breaking Bad it deserved a spinoff.

Guns don't jam as much as they tend to in Movies/Television. I shoot probably close to 5,000 rounds per year...and admittedly don't clean my guns as much as I probably should. I'm hard on my vehicles, my lawn mower, my weed eater etc...including my guns. In the last 20 years I cannot remember more than a couple jams. However, I am not firing combat conditions or holding guns awkwardly etc...

Jesus!! More commercials than a friggin football game...

Those advertisers are paying big bucks for this prime time slots during the season finale of one of the most popular shows on TV. Why do you think they made it 90 minutes? More time for commercials.

Those advertisers are paying big bucks for this prime time slots during the season finale of one of the most popular shows on TV. Why do you think they made it 90 minutes? More time for commercials.

Yea I'm sure. Could've easily been a hour or less.

Seriously though, on the commercials. I pretty sure they came back from commercial, showed the RV driving down the road from a sky view, and went back to commercial.

Back