The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here was my interpretation from last season, let me know if anyone else agrees, as it may be total BS:

Rick has always been about doing what is good. The ideal protagonist. He was a cop, and always asked potential group members how many people (not walkers) they killed. hell, he even exiled Carol.

In the season finale, he beat the ****/killed the guys holding Darrell and even swapped his weapon (where I believe the symbolism takes place). He swaps his revolver, his duty weapon that symbolized his goodness, with that of the 1911 of the bad guy he killed who was holding Darrell hostage. I believe Rick, went Walter White o to speak, as in he broke bad... He realized there wasnt any good left and the true animal started to come out in him, which had been predicated through Carl.

He buried the gun, symbolically burying his goodness, and let the bad side take over...Hence, carrying the 1911 from the evil guy.

In the season premiere, he not only kills walkers, but those who took him captive. He didnt do this with the groups previous captors, aside from those of Woodbury, who were a direct threat at the prison.

I think Rick is going to **** people up this season... He has been pushed past his limits.

I like it. He tried to be the nice guy, the builder, the farmer, the community organizer. It failed spectacularly. Now it's time for the savage. Carol was cast out for being too violent, too heartless. But it was her ruthlessness that saved them all.
It's time to put some heads on stakes.

I don't have cable anymore, does anyone know where I can buy or watch (on the net) the new episodes?

Amazon. New eps are available within about 6 hours after premiering on AMC. $1.99 SD/$2.99 HD per episode or subscribe to the entire season for $26.99 SD/$41.99 HD.

Last edited by a moderator:
777 that is interesting. But didn't he un-burry the rolver? Was it a short lived 1911 bad ass Rick?

Well that's where I felt my theory might be BS now... Maybe it was short lived. Though I don't feel Rick will leave anything to chance now that the group is complete again.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I don't have cable anymore, does anyone know where I can buy or watch (on the net) the new episodes?

You can stream the premiere on AMC's website. Not sure about any upcoming episodes. I don't have cable either so I watch it through other nefarious ways.

Well that's where I felt my theory might be BS now... Maybe it was short lived. Though I don't feel Rick will leave anything to chance now that the group is complete again.

He's still crazy. He wanted to go back and finish off the rest of the Terminus people. Now, the leftover Terminus people are going to be hunting them down as they go north/look for Beth.

He's still crazy. He wanted to go back and finish off the rest of the Terminus people. Now, the leftover Terminus people are going to be hunting them down as they go north/look for Beth.

I wish they would have finished them off. Hell, that's what I would have done.

the only time I get to watch is when everyone's busy and I'm at the mercy of Netflix. I just watched the episode "The Grove" in season 4. that shizzle just ain't right.

I reckon they have to be careful now who they kill of, regardless of who gets killed in the comics.

Some actors in key roles may want to leave the show, others may get killed for a good story line. However, if, when the series ends, we are watching an entirely different cast than the first season of the show, it will all seem a bit pointless as we would have been watching the wrong group all along!

Zombie movies typically only have one or two of the group survive till the end. I think there are five survivors left from the first season, so they have room to kill off a few more.

Edit: I guess it's six now if you count Morgan. Actually seven if you count the unborn baby.

I just read something interesting. Did you notice that the crazy dude the Rick lets out of the storage unit, the one that keeps saying "We're the same" was the same guy at the end of the episode that was in the train car picking with women to rape and slapped Gareth across the face? I never noticed that but I suppose it makes sense why he kept saying we're the same.

And in the article I read, they specifically said: Sorry die-hard comic fans, it's not Negan. But I suppose that doesn't mean his group is still around.

That part with the crazy guy was by far the hardest I've laughed ever watching Walking Dead. That was a great addition to the premiere.

-Jeff

I'm really happy the got out of Terminus right in the opener.

I was sure we would spend at least 4 weeks inside the train car listening to Rick plan how he was going to escape.

I'm itching to see what happen to Beth. The poor thing finally get some lines outside of "I'll hold the baby for you" and poof, she's gone. Hopefully we find out before the long break.

I was sure we would spend at least 4 weeks inside the train car listening to Rick plan how he was going to escape.

I'm itching to see what happen to Beth. The poor thing finally get some lines outside of "I'll hold the baby for you" and poof, she's gone. Hopefully we find out before the long break.

I'm with you, this could have been a terrible season.

Just to tangent off this... Would anyone else like to see Carl, as Luca Brasi would say, disappear? He's like Gemma in Sons... I wish they were "off'd"

Wow. Eaten alive. It makes sense though. It's the best way to keep the meat fresh.

So, the preacher. I don't buy he's gotten along all this time without killing. Not by himself. Even if he hid really well and didn't let people in. He's somehow with someone.

Just to tangent off this... Would anyone else like to see Carl, as Luca Brasi would say, disappear? He's like Gemma in Sons... I wish they were "off'd"

I don't get that from him at all. Granted, I've quit watching SoA, but I see Carl as an up and coming 'maker of hard choices' leader.

What if Bob had really gotten bitten during his little swim, and was all "the jokes on you, jerks!"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he got bit. But would that mean something if they ate him? Everyone's already infected.

Things are really starting to rev up to making this season one of the better ones thus far. I'm liking the darker tone of this season, they really stepped it up with the opening throat cutting scene from episode 1 and the cannibal scene in episode two. They are really pushing the limit for a show on ABC. Combine that with the group actually having a clear cut goal to try and accomplish this season (get to Washington). Really looking forward to see what roles Garrett picks up later on.

It does make last season all that much worse though....what a terrible season. They build up terminus SLOWLY throughout the season to have it blown through in the first episode. I'm not complaining about this season at all, but last season was a trudge.

I think the beth storyline will weave back into the church and preacher.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he got bit. But would that mean something if they ate him? Everyone's already infected.

Why do the zombie bites matter if everyone is already infected? I've been wondering about that for years.

Why do the zombie bites matter if everyone is already infected? I've been wondering about that for years.

The bites give you a really bad infection which ultimately kills you. You die from a really high fever due to the infection.

I'd imagine there is a lot of funk going on in a walkers mouth.

The bites give you a really bad infection which ultimately kills you. You die from a really high fever due to the infection.

I'd imagine there is a lot of funk going on in a walkers mouth.

So the walkers are like komodo dragons then.

Well, yeah I guess they are.

Then wouldnt eating the infected flesh also cause the same sort of infection, fever and death? I know nobody knows for sure but it seems like a possibility.

I thought Daryl and Carol chased that car because Beth was in it, no?
I just think the preacher is a coward who locked people out.
I'm still not sure that Eugene isn't full of crap. Even if he is who he claims, why would anything in DC be intact and unused, given the state of the rest of the country?

Back