The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there was only 1 live zombie.

If it wasn't for the last 5 minutes, the episode was downright terrible. Rick was pretty badass though.

Yea, very disappointing after that multiple month intermission. You'd think they would have taken the opportunity to pick up the pace of this season. I agree, last 5 min were the best part.

So let me get this straight, we waited several months for a show with several heinously poorly-acted characters, a plot-line that seems to be winding down into never never land, and is light on the one thing we watch to see... zombies. Its not even like they can spice it up with gratuitous sex and nudity (I'd watch for Sophia alone) because its basic cable. I think the patient is dying, doctor.

It's interesting, I just read a wikipedia article of the synopsis of Walking Dead Rise of the Govenor novels. When I was watching last night's episode online on Justin tv folks in the chat room were saying that those guys in the bar that Rick killed were "The Governor's Men" not having read the comic I googled it just now and came upon the plot of the Governor's trilogy, and THAT sounds fantastic, much more interesting than what I'm seeing on this series, I wish they had made THAT rather than this....Google it for yourself and read the plot summary on wikipedia. Tell me if you agree. Even if there's not always zombies in the plot, the characters and what's happening in the cities is far more compelling that this crap.

If this were a network tv show it would be cancelled long before we'd get any closer....Remember what happened to Jericho?

It's starting to smell like a classic soap opera. 1 hr worth of viewing to accomplish 5-10 minutes of substance. Better kick it up 3-4 notches.

Personally, I have been really happy with the second season. The Walking Dead has taken the zero plot run and gun zombie movie and made it a human drama. I like it. YMMV

I agree a storyline is in order, but it's time to move on from the farm and stumble onto a bunch of 50 cal weaponry at an abandoned military base. ;)

Supposedly there are more zombies and killing coming. I guess the director caught a lot of crap for all this drama BS. We'll see.......

Where'd you stumble on that tidbit? That's good news.

Personally, I have been really happy with the second season. The Walking Dead has taken the zero plot run and gun zombie movie and made it a human drama. I like it. YMMV

I think they could do both, much better...They could start by simply by having a few zombies actually APPEAR in some episodes. ;)

Where'd you stumble on that tidbit? That's good news.

It was during the talk show they play right after each episode. I can't remember the exact wording, but they basically admitted it's been kinda weak sauce and they said the good stuff is coming. I'll believe it when I see it personally.

I'm about ready to quit this show. Just finished the episode and other than killing the dudes at the end, it was more of the same crap. Rick is the worst excuse for a "leader" I've ever seen on screen, and in real life, he would have been killed in a mutiny long ago. I feel like I'm weak for watching the next episode.

I started to get mad from the start, they have walked past so many AR's, 240B's and other high powered zombie killing weapons that they should have all died in the beginning. I keep watching to see the zombie kill of the week.

I like the way this show handles the zombies. It's not a zombie smash em' up. It's a DRAMA. And it's done really well.

I don't mind that they decided to inject some drama into it; there's just too much and not much else.

My biggest beef is that there's too much stuff that just wouldn't happen in real life (yeah, that sounds real dumb when talking about a zombie show, I know). Most of the other people wouldn't have dealt with Rick's leadership for this long. Even Rick would have had to have seen farmer guy as nuts and left long ago to protect his people. No guns? What the hell was that all about??! There's friggin zombies everywhere! There's been so much that just doesn't make sense that I'm really giving up.

I like my zombie, sci-fi, fantasy stuff to be as realistic as possible, especially when talking about the human interactions. I don't feel that this show is portraying what would really happen in this type of situation. What I'm seeing is a bunch of idiots, ho never would have lasted this long, dealing with internal drama who just happen to be in a zombie world.

Might as keep it going, air it daily at 12 on a local channel, and call it what it is: a soap opera for retarded goth teenagers.

Well if we're talking realistic, they wouldn't have left the farm. I kept saying they should just shoot the farmer and take his damn farm lol

The only good character on this show is Darrell though. He is the only one who would actually be surviving in that situation.

This show really started to piss me off a while ago. Nothing happens!
Sucks because it started out so awesome. Needless to say, I stopped watching.

Nothing happens? I don't think you understand the timeline of the show...This isn't Left 4 Dead. They aren't going to be in a hoard of zombies every 10 minutes. In a real zombie situation, you would do everything in your power to avoid zombies. I like the suspense created by the fact that they aren't throwing zombies at you all the time. It's more realistic than locking yourself in a mall and having zombie babies...#justsayin

For any old f*ckers. But this scene reminds me of yesterdays episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that I would have voted for a change in leadership. I also would have set that farmer straight. I totally understand what they were doing for the first part of the second season, when that little girl came out of the barn it blew my mind, but they could have done it in 3 episodes. I think part of the problem is that big Zombie shots are expensive.

Walking Dead .... more like Talking Alive ... hur hur.

Honestly though, it's getting kind of lame that every episode has a nearly identical formula.

First 55 minutes of show = Mostly boring dialogue that doesn't progress the story at all

Last 3 minutes = predictably, 'intense' cliff hangers.

The problem is they can only have so many zombies incidents before it gets repetitive. I thought the episode did a decent job of setting up this season and what they may have to deal with defending the farm from both zombies and gangs of scavengers.

but as a whole the series is going down hill pretty fast.

The problem is they can only have so many zombies incidents before it gets repetitive. I thought the episode did a decent job of setting up this season and what they may have to deal with defending the farm from both zombies and gangs of scavengers.

Oh crap, how did I not realize this when they encountered the Philly guys!?! They're gonna end up staying at that damn farm all season.

I use Sons of Anarchy as a yardstick for a show that mixes "drama" with, I don't want to say action/adventure, but plot points. There's a ton of the family/relationships dynamics AND the "criminality" of the SOAs including violence. But it balances out. No one episode is ONLY about whatever the gang is involved in or ONLY about Jax's relationship with Tara, or Clay and Gemma, or the Oedipus like sublet between Jax and Clay.

I think they do a great job of balancing it all out, and weaving it all together.

Have you guys read the comics? I doubt they will be at the farm all season...There is a pretty awesome story coming up and I think you will all enjoy it....Actually just knowing how they do television. I bet the new storyline wont start until the very end of this season sooo enjoy the farm lol

Have you guys read the comics? I doubt they will be at the farm all season...There is a pretty awesome story coming up and I think you will all enjoy it....Actually just knowing how they do television. I bet the new storyline wont start until the very end of this season sooo enjoy the farm lol

I agree ... I'm thinking they end up at the 'you-know-where' for the season finale, but then again I didn't see them killing off Sophia so how knows what they'll do.

Was there a new episode last night? I preached at a church for the first time in 5 years and was so drained after that I fell asleep and missed it.

Does anyone have a stream link for last night's episode?

NervousDad said:

Despite the fact that Season 1 was the single best premiere for a tv show in AMC history, the suits decided to fire the main writers and slash the budget for the show.

They tried to do it Mad Men but Matthew Weiner told them to pound sand and they backed down.

I retract some of my earlier vitriol after watching last night both episodes back to back. It was pretty good, I'll be sticking around a bit longer.

Also, I want to mention that its CAROL who had me wondering what she looked like naked, NOT Sophia. Sophia is both way too young and way too dead for that sort of thing...

Back