The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what direction they're going to go. My guess is they'll kinda follow the comics. Meryl is "outcasted" but in reality he's just finding out the location of the prison and the size of the population. He then betrays Rick's group by escaping (though I'm guessing he won't be murdered like Rodriquez was in the comics) and letting the governor know their location.

Governor is going to die, during the raid on the prison. Probably by a Woodbury soldier. My guess is he has Daryl in his gun sights and Meryl kills him. Just a hunch but I'm not sure.

Andrea I think switches when she finds out some more details. Killing off Andrea would be too much JMO since she's one of the 3 interesting characters in the show. Hopefully (and I have little hope for this) Tyrone is as bad ass as he was in the comics.

hoppy, you should've preceded that rant with "Spoiler Alert" or "100% Speculation"

haha

I don't know what direction they're going to go. My guess is they'll kinda follow the comics. Meryl is "outcasted" but in reality he's just finding out the location of the prison and the size of the population. He then betrays Rick's group by escaping (though I'm guessing he won't be murdered like Rodriquez was in the comics) and letting the governor know their location.

Governor is going to die, during the raid on the prison. Probably by a Woodbury soldier. My guess is he has Daryl in his gun sights and Meryl kills him. Just a hunch but I'm not sure.

Andrea I think switches when she finds out some more details. Killing off Andrea would be too much JMO since she's one of the 3 interesting characters in the show. Hopefully (and I have little hope for this) Tyrone is as bad ass as he was in the comics.

You said the dreaded C word, thrice. I'd suggest just hiding under a rock until it all blows over ;)

I hate Andrea and I wish they would kill her off for being such an awful leech without any loyalties and always looking like she just smelled a fart. But I feel like she won't be killed off any time soon.

Norie_ said:
I love the Walking Dead. I am also a huge fan of the comic book series.

Dude ill trade you a superman no. 7 for a batman no. 3

Then we can play some games on the Internet :)

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Good start. I really hope this new Rick development doesn't destroy the group. It was good to see someone finally step up and tell him that he's wrong though. The writers went far out of their way to show you that the new group is mostly good people (and definitely at least led by good people). To me that says they're setting us up for a decisive scene involving them. Rick needs to get his head right, especially with Darryl gone (for now at least).

(cue someone talking about how the comics handled this...)

I hate Andrea and I wish they would kill her off for being such an awful leech without any loyalties and always looking like she just smelled a fart. But I feel like she won't be killed off any time soon.

It's such a shame, because comic-Andrea is phenomenal.

Spoiler Alert!

Read At Your Own Risk!

I Really Mean It!

Ok, I think I should be good. I personally thought more could have been done with this week's episode, being a "premiere" and all. Maybe I was expecting more to do with action than with the drama-factor. I am interested to see what turns up, though, because some pretty big things did happen.

Agreed dudious. If they're going to do these midseason premieres then they need to treat the first episode like it was the first of a season. Was ghost Laurie supposed to shock us? That just felt like a standard midseason episode to me.

Also, friendly reminder to keep all discussions about the comics to the comic thread.

I felt sort of let down by this episode. It just didn't seem to really go anywhere for some reason. We had the big cliffhanger at the mid-season and it was resolved in a couple of minutes. The sheer amount of commercials was overwhelming however, it amounted to a 30 minute episode.

The episode 9 mid-season premiere was a boring episode for sure. I concur with rifraf.

Not much in the way of crazy, shocking drama or violence. It was the kind of episode where you introduce someone new to the show after hyping it up so much, and then you're both let down when it concludes... Nothing like Episode 1.

*post contains spoilers*

I think the thing I dislike most is that in the episode, the only things that appear to happen have to do with people's attitudes, and not in a completely obvious way but in a way that requires quite a bit of analysis, which I guess sucks because it's probably not on purpose and it's never been that show. With TWD, most of peoples' analyses are about what will happen (from what I gather, anyway).

I guess after sleeping on it, you see Carl has grown up and takes up roll as deputy sheriff. Daryl would probably follow his brother off a cliff. Glenn wants to avenge Maggie and wouldnt mind killing Merle, too. Maggie doesn't want Glenn to treat her like she's still a powerless victim, and may resent him a little. Carol is disappointed she didn't get to make out with Daryl, but she's now a strong woman who don't need a man. Rick is still going crazy and is making questionable decisions. The Governor has always been a dictator but now people around him are starting to see his ruthlessness. Andrea is doing what she always does, speaking up when nobody gives a **** and, surprise, nobody is listening. Until zombies get into Woodbury and she displays her leadership abilities.

I think the scene with Andrea was confusing for me at first because I couldn't figure out why she didn't put the guy out of his misery, then the Governor comes out and caps the guy and walks back into his house. I feel like it was written to show Andrea trying to show compassion instead of popping him without a second thought. But I think what the director failed to show was her deciding what to do, or her showing compassion. She just stood there looking out of breath doing a "cool pose" for a minute before the governor capped the guys ass, then she gives the Patton speech. I feel like maybe she could have tried calming the man down and told him he couldn't be saved and asked if he didn't want to be a walker before ending his misery, but while she's being compassionate the Governor walks in and does the bad guy thing. Idk, after analyzing the situation I feel that's the way I would have directed the scene.

To not just shoot the guy was very unlike her. So much so, that having the Governor come out, do the deed himself, and then have her give that silly speech just made me think, "Oh, that's why she broke character there."

To not just shoot the guy was very unlike her. So much so, that having the Governor come out, do the deed himself, and then have her give that silly speech just made me think, "Oh, that's why she broke character there."

You gotta remember that Andrea was against publicizing the violence for the community. She didn't agree with the cage-fighting, barbarism, the dictatorship, and brutal/showy ways of the Governor. Andrea would have no problem ending the guy's suffering without the community (women, children, etc.) watching her do it. Andrea is an annoying biatch at times, but the producers want to show that, unlike the governor, she has a conscience. And they have been showing glimmers of this in their relationship all along. This is why, when it comes down to it, she'll side with Rick's group and leave the governor's side.

She didn't agree, but she still banged him. Repeatedly. The glimmers of the Gov's real personality and all the things Michonne pointed out to her... the producers/writers already shot her decision-making credibility, as I see it, conscience or no. Even to not shoot him, she just stood there watching the guy squirm and scream for a good 15 seconds.

Anyone else catch the nod to preppers? Nice tomfinally hear something about us mentioned. :)

The only thing is that based on Darius' (thats his name right?) story, it sounds like the prepper didn't even make it to his bunker. Maybe he was out when the 'plague' hit and never made it home.

Anyone else catch the nod to preppers? Nice tomfinally hear something about us mentioned. :)

The only thing is that based on Darius' (thats his name right?) story, it sounds like the prepper didn't even make it to his bunker. Maybe he was out when the 'plague' hit and never made it home.

Tyrese

She didn't agree, but she still banged him. Repeatedly. The glimmers of the Gov's real personality and all the things Michonne pointed out to her... the producers/writers already shot her decision-making credibility, as I see it, conscience or no. Even to not shoot him, she just stood there watching the guy squirm and scream for a good 15 seconds.

Thank you, I guess I subconsciously thought this without being able to point it out.

Is it just me or was anyone else bummed that the season premier was only less than an hour long? I was hoping for it to be at least 2 hours! Now we have to wait another week!

Most shows have a similar hiatus, but they've never dressed it up in such BS.

I know, it's a smart move though the dressing it up as a "midseason break" and "premiere" is a little much. Though much better than what South Park seems to do (half a season ever six months), or worse, what Adult Swim does to The Venture Brothers.

I expected more out of the so called "midseason premiere". Outside of the beginning, which was actually pretty weak, and the end freak out I was pretty much uninterested. It seemed like they were moving backwards instead of forwards. If this were in the middle of a regular season I would have no problem with it, but since I had to wait so long for I'm pretty disappointed.

Zombies and brothers attack, blah, blah, blah... Woe is me... I miss so and so... I hate so and so... Oh ****, there's my dead wife... The end.

There, I pretty much summarized it pretty accurately I think. Looking forward to better episodes to come.

Back