The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like the guys who read the comic's simply because every time someone mentions the comic's it's because they are trying to give away things that aren't revealed in the show yet.

I don't like the guys who read the comic's simply because every time someone mentions the comic's it's because they are trying to give away things that aren't revealed in the show yet.

meh. The show doesn't follow the comics that closely. If they sat something is gonna happenit's only a maybe.

I din't really care about any of the spoilers. I juat wish that some people posting a spoiler would start their post with the words "Spoiler Alert"

F... Me!!! Why did it have to stop until Feb!!! I just rolled through a bunch of episodes online and am now anger writing this because it is done. Well, I've heard the TV show is only a loose adaptation of the comic books but it looks like it could possibly be time to shell out damn near $60 for the first two compilations. Or wait, isn't that what Christmas is for!!! Oh sweet Jesus, to celebrate your birth I will ask for these for Christmas to celebrate how you died and came back as a zombie!

I'm not going to bother reading through all 135 pages of this thread thus far but have the comics been discussed at all?

It has been discussed before but someone always flys of the handle with a "Who cares about the comics" or a "**** the comics"

I quit bringing it up to avoid sandy VJ's and Hurt buttocks.
In reality they are not near the same, its kinda of like watching the webisodes or playing the game. You should be able to find cheap used copys on abebooks.com [they are a advertiser on the site] I get used books from there.

It has been discussed before but someone always flys of the handle with a "Who cares about the comics" or a "**** the comics"

In reality they are not near the same, its kinda of like watching the webisodes or playing the game. You should be able to find cheap used copys on abebooks.com [they are a advertiser on the site] I get used books from there.

This sounds similar to a Game of Thrones thread a while back which wound up with a few people who had read the books chiming in to either hate on the show or to accidentally spoil stuff (or I guess sometimes to make some good points). Anyways, maybe I'll give them a try. Would be interesting to see the differences.

It'll be the same as Game of Thrones for me. I couldn't take it when season two ended so I picked up all the books, read like a billion pages over the course of a few months. I'm impatient with TV and totally willing to read if it's an option.

meh. The show doesn't follow the comics that closely. If they sat something is gonna happenit's only a maybe.

I din't really care about any of the spoilers. I juat wish that some people posting a spoiler would start their post with the words "Spoiler Alert"

Yeah. I'm current on the GN and the show. They show is a interpretation of the GN that follows the core storyline, but is a lose adaptation. The core story arc is the same, but the details are often quite divergent.

Also, phpbb supports a
tag, I'd assume vBulletin could do the same without much hassle.

It'll be the same as Game of Thrones for me. I couldn't take it when season two ended so I picked up all the books, read like a billion pages over the course of a few months. I'm impatient with TV and totally willing to read if it's an option.

Those books were awesome...

I certainly didn't see those body parts

I did see an a$$hole or two.

You know. The guys that would bring up and discuss story lines and characters from the comics before they appear on the show.

:drunk:

Maybe we should start a thread specifically titled for the show? It is getting annoying. Most of us could care less who tea the comics, just stop with the damn spoilers, even if we aren't positive that they will be in the show.

Maybe we should start a thread specifically titled for the show? It is getting annoying. Most of us could care less who tea the comics, just stop with the damn spoilers, even if we aren't positive that they will be in the show.

I don't understand why someone would come onto a thread where people are talking about a T.V. show would even want to try and give away details about the show they know from reading the comic or whatever.
They know that they wouldn't want someone to do that to them.

Does it make them feel special?

It was probably unintentional so let's give em the benefit of the doubt. I can't bare to witness another "$20 gift card" thread :)

Please don't give away any spoilers

That's why I used the name of the event, rather than the description! From what I've heard, this event is what drew the producer to create the show, so I'm sure they'll make it awesome. :)

usfmikeb said:
That's why I used the name of the event, rather than the description! From what I've heard, this event is what drew the producer to create the show, so I'm sure they'll make it awesome. :)

Honestly now you have me completely confused so no harm done :) Definitely can't wait for the new season, that finale was a whole lot of fun. I haven't gotten into a show this much since X-Files. Actually I don't watch TV that much anymore, are they still called TVs or are they Monitors?

I don't understand why someone would come onto a thread where people are talking about a T.V. show would even want to try and give away details about the show they know from reading the comic or whatever.
They know that they wouldn't want someone to do that to them.

Does it make them feel special?

Then maybe dont watch a tv show based on a comic? or dont watch a movie based on a book?

Have you ever watched a spinoff show? Well this show is just a spinoff of the comic, if you dont like that tough cookies.

Yall need to hike up your skirt and get the sand out of your panties. Dont get mad if you read a post that said SPOILER ALERT and got info you didnt want. That like me standing here saying im naked dont look anjd you looking and getting mad at me... nah your the one that looked jack
Dont get mad just dont read it. Im not forcing you to read my posts nor are any of the fans of the comic

Then maybe dont watch a tv show based on a comic? or dont watch a movie based on a book?

Have you ever watched a spinoff show? Well this show is just a spinoff of the comic, if you dont like that tough cookies.

Yall need to hike up your skirt and get the sand out of your panties. Dont get mad if you read a post that said SPOILER ALERT and got info you didnt want. That like me standing here saying im naked dont look anjd you looking and getting mad at me... nah your the one that looked jack
Dont get mad just dont read it. Im not forcing you to read my posts nor are any of the fans of the comic

Really? You feel that in a thread created to discuss a TV show it is OK to discuss things that haven't happen in the TV show yet but will happen in the book?

That would have been like going into a thread discussing an up coming movie based on an obscure book, maybe something like Marley and Me, and saying, "I can't wait to see how they handle the emotions when the dog dies"

I've got a better suggestion for you. If you think that something that you are going to post might be a spoiler, especially if it is based on an upcoming event that you read in the book, just don't ****ing post it.

It would make you appear to be much less of a jackass.

Really? You feel that in a thread created to discuss a TV show it is OK to discuss things that haven't happen in the TV show yet but will happen in the book?

That would have been like going into a thread discussing an up coming movie based on an obscure book, maybe something like Marley and Me, and saying, "I can't wait to see how they handle the emotions when the dog dies"

I've got a better suggestion for you. If you think that something that you are going to post might be a spoiler, especially if it is based on an upcoming event that you read in the book, just don't ****ing post it.

It would make you appear to be much less of a jackass.

Yes, yes I do think its ok.. infact I would say it more than ok.
If I say dont read this if you dont want whats coming spoiled for you.. well then dont read it.. its that simple. If you do, well at that point I consider it your fault. I'm sorry you have poor self control

I'm sorry you feel that others should inconvience themselves for you, but they dont have to. If you want to avoid something then YOU have to avoid it.. not me. If I make it easy for you to avoid something and you dont, quit whining. Again im not holding you eyes open forcing you to read posts,you are electing to.

In summation, suck it up buttercup. If you want to avoid discussion of the comics, thats your deal, not mine. Maybe dont get into a show that has had rabid comic fans for about a decade.

You might have prefaced all of your spoilers, but others aren't, and that's not right. When the season starts again, I'm going to start a thread titled just for the show. Hopefully that works.

Ha! I bet you're a peach to get along with in real life too as you obviously have no consideration for other people (is this where I should call you a cute name like buttercup?)

This thread is not about you, nor is it a thread about the comics. It was started to discuss the TV show, and all that have posted spoilers based on the comics have, when asked, stopped making posts about upcoming events based on the comics out of common courtesy

If you can't understand that, maybe this is appropriate

wait... Marley dies?

thanks

;) have neither read the book, nor seen the movie, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that particular plot point

You might have prefaced all of your spoilers, but others aren't, and that's not right. When the season starts again, I'm going to start a thread titled just for the show. Hopefully that works.

And I agree not prefacing them is a jerk move. People shouldnt just blow it for people who havent read the comics like that. As far as starting a thread just for the show, I think the mods will most likely merge them just to keep from having two walking dead threads. So we all should just agree to adding spoiler alert to any comic discussions.

CGVT
I'm actually an easy person to get along with. I just dont take kindly to others telling me that I have to go out of my way for them, especailly when I go out of my way already by warning them.
Common courtesy says I should warn you if theres a man hole in front of you, which I do, not jump on it like its a grenade for you. If you still step in it I'm sorry but at that point its not my fault man.
To make it a simpler analogy, theres a gaurd over a saw blade, It says in big read letters DO not touch injury or death may occur. Yet you stick your fingers under the gaurd and make them maimed and turnedinto hamburger. Now is that your fault or the saws?

Wow. You just don't get it, do you?

This is a thread about the TV show. Talk about the TV show and there are no spoilers to post.

It is not protecting me(and about 95% of the people that read and participate in this thread, BTW) from a grenade, it is not throwing the freaking grenade in the first place.

It is pretty simple, talk about the show and what is going on in the show. If you have more information on upcoming events, don't post it. It adds nothing for the vast majority of the posters in this thread and can detract from their enjoyment. It is not going out of your way for anyone. It is not being a selfish prick just because "it's not my fault if people read my spoilers". What a ****ty position to take.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Wow, some seriously sandy vaginas in here today.

Ha!

2576136-obvious_troll_wedding.jpg

usfmikeb said:
Wow, some seriously sandy vaginas in here today.

That's what I was thinking. I didn't think the same thing could be argued about this many times by grown people. My 4 year old doesn't argue this much. I watch the show, never read the comics. I could care less what the comic book readers post. From everything I've read and seen the show barely even follows what is in the comics anyway. I mean two of the main characters in the show aren't even in the comics. I've read this entire thread as it is happening and haven't felt that I've had something spoiled.

That's what I was thinking. I didn't think the same thing could be argued about this many times by grown people. My 4 year old doesn't argue this much. I watch the show, never read the comics. I could care less what the comic book readers post. From everything I've read and seen the show barely even follows what is in the comics anyway. I mean two of the main characters in the show aren't even in the comics. I've read this entire thread as it is happening and haven't felt that I've had something spoiled.

Agreed. I didn't need to find 4 new pages to read filled with arguing about what gets posted.

If its a ****ing spoiler, give a ****ing spoiler alert. If you do it, thanks. If you don't, shame on you.

Wow. You just don't get it, do you?

This is a thread about the TV show. Talk about the TV show and there are no spoilers to post.

It is not protecting me(and about 95% of the people that read and participate in this thread, BTW) from a grenade, it is not throwing the freaking grenade in the first place.

It is pretty simple, talk about the show and what is going on in the show. If you have more information on upcoming events, don't post it. It adds nothing for the vast majority of the posters in this thread and can detract from their enjoyment. It is not going out of your way for anyone. It is not being a selfish prick just because "it's not my fault if people read my spoilers". What a ****ty position to take.

Why is that so hard to understand?

First I think this is HILARIOUS that you getting so upset and swearing.

Second It was started to talk about TWD, yes it is a TV show and thats all it is to you. To THOUSANDS of other people not only is it a TV show but its an epic adventure they have been reading for however long [about 10 years in some cases.

Lets make an easy comparison. The movie The Hobbit, is that just a movie or is it also a book? [Well actually 2 sieries of books and The Silmarillion are all part of the hobbit story, but thats besides the point]

You can view it as narrowly as you want to, but others may want to expand and compare the comics and show. Which they very well are allowed to do, this is a forum, not a a what CGVT likes is what goes discussion board. Atleast I have the consideration for you and other people that dont want to read what happened in the comics to warn you that I will be talking about the comics. That way you can just skip over my post and ignore it. I ask that others wishing to do so, do the same thing out of consideration.

If you want to start a place where you can censor what you dont like to read, then there are several free forum sites I can point you to and help you set up a forum. Otherwise HBT allows free discussion and exchange of ideas, which most of us appriciate. That also makes us responsible for not reading what we dont like or want to read. With freedom comes responsibility, its a lesson most parents teach there children.

Well this got out of control....

The Game of Thrones forum (yes, super nerd right?) has a special Spoiler feature where you can write something that is tagged as a spoiler so that people need to click on it to read it. I know that was specially designed for that touchy issue and I wouldn't expect HBT to have something like that but it would just be nice if people were considerate.

Agreed. I didn't need to find 4 new pages to read filled with arguing about what gets posted.

If its a ****ing spoiler, give a ****ing spoiler alert. If you do it, thanks. If you don't, shame on you.

This. Now I'll jst shut up andwait for things to get back on track. :)

The font changes color (and bolds and italics etc) if I look at the website on my phone, but if I use the app nothing ever changes. Could be that I have the android version though...

Back