The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a weak theory going that Carl is immune to the virus. The producer is on TD being vague. "This will play out like bites play out on the show." But, "This will be an important development to everyone." And, Carl is not on TD.

I think they knew we would think that maybe he was immune, then they played on that by revealing that Saddiq(?) is a doctor and had medicine. I wonder if he becomes more important later if/when they discover a cure.

I think they knew we would think that maybe he was immune, then they played on that by revealing that Saddiq(?) is a doctor and had medicine. I wonder if he becomes more important later if/when they discover a cure.

They will never show a cure. Sadiq being a doctor was just a way to punch Rick in the giblets for no longer being willing to bring in new people. Obviously there is value in being a doctor as well, but my 2c that was the point of HIM being a doctor. It was the show's way of showing that Rick shouldn't just kill every non-walker left.

The scene at the end is the only way carl might be alive. That is if this is all just a dream in a dream inception type thing. I tend to think it's just their way of killing off a character in a kinder gentler way than what drove so many people away in the Glenn death.

Im guessing Sadiq being a dr is just there to save magie, the baby, or rick after the negan fight and then bring in another flashback of warm fuzzies with carl. (Who I hate but in fairness turned out to be less annoying in his death.)

The scene at the end is the only way carl might be alive. That is if this is all just a dream in a dream inception type thing. I tend to think it's just their way of killing off a character in a kinder gentler way than what drove so many people away in the Glenn death.

Im guessing Sadiq being a dr is just there to save magie, the baby, or rick after the negan fight and then bring in another flashback of warm fuzzies with carl. (Who I hate but in fairness turned out to be less annoying in his death.)

I missed the first 5 minutes so went back and watched that plus i also was confused. They are filling his grave the hole episode(bad pun?), starting scene, middle and at the end hes done.

I missed the first 5 minutes so went back and watched that plus i also was confused. They are filling his grave the hole episode(bad pun?), starting scene, middle and at the end hes done.

Yeah they are filling in the grave the whole time the question is, is it real? Or is this just another stint of delusional rick? He did spend the better part of a season seeing ghosts and talking on a phone with nobody on the other end after all. This is the same time period that Carl talks with him about as he is dying.

If I were betting I would go with the directors are just trying to get the viewers to overthink and Carl is dead. The end scene is Rick waking up after having killed negan but having been wounded in the process or some other moment of loss that he is about to storm back from.

The safest bet is that it is the last scene of the season and they'll just let you hang to milk the project.

No, Carl is dead. D E A D

Probably but this is the same show that had the miraculous Glenn under the dumpster survival thing so, meh.....

You do realize that he WILL die on the show, right?
Why are you so sure? I mean you may be right. And for the sake of storytelling I hope you are. But what about the way this show is written makes you so sure he'll die before the show ends?

I don't know how many times he can be injured before something gets him.
As many times as the show runners will write it or contract negotiations fall through with Andrew Lincoln.

Probably but this is the same show that had the miraculous Glenn under the dumpster survival thing so, meh.....

Completely different scenarios. They're not trying to trick people with Carl. I think people are proposing this just for the sake of debating an alternative reality :)

Why are you so sure? I mean you may be right. And for the sake of storytelling I hope you are. But what about the way this show is written makes you so sure he'll die before the show ends?

Because the show's storywriter says they will kill Rick off on the show. I don't see any value in deterring from that plan. The show will go through maybe 1 more season before Rick's dead.

I still don't know, want to know, about the helicopter thing. No clue what you guys are talking about.

1. What stoopid thing to show Rick shot last week yet not this episode. It WILL be next week unless they don't show Rick at all.

2. The grinder is just plane dumb, dumb. Wasn't feeling it.

There have been more helicopters spotted than accounted for. Somebody has at least one helicopter and they can fly it. That's huge.

I think a lot of the grinder was to build suspense. Would she jump in after them? And of course it was to show that she wouldn't let her people suffer as walkers.

The staff writers for TWD have lost their way. Every episode is just mindless filler until the mid season or end of season finales. The only reason I still tune in from time to time is because my wife still watches it. It is a shame as the show was amazing the first 4 seasons.

Last edited:
The staff writers for TWD have lost their way. Every episode is just mindless filler until the mid season or end of season finales.

It is a shame as the show was amazing the first 4 seasons.

That’s why I stopped watching over a year ago. I loved the first four seasons.

I've been a Walking Dead fan since before the show. I love the comics, and the first few seasons of the show were good. The last few seasons have been awful.

I only continue watching because of the time I've already invested in this thing. I want to see how bad they can throw the train off the rails and still continue to keep viewership.

Moving on to the "Talking Dead" aftershow, I've come to the conclusion a lot of fans can't stand Bob Kirkman - and I can understand why.
Kirkman is killing off some of his best characters and the fanbase resents him. He drew a lot less applause during the televised aftershows as a guest and it was noticeable.

First off, he isn't really following the storyline from the illustrated series but that's minor given the insertion of several non-canon characters who've been outstanding on the show. My beef is the relentless script death of core actors, and the drawn out fighting and clan rivalry done by the farmed out screen writers.
After I knew Chandler Riggs was being written out of the show and the special effects people were crowing about getting their first topless zombie onscreen, I was out.
One of my favorite lines regarding the show used to be "...If they kill off Norm Reedus' Daryl, we riot..."
Well, he's still there and as popular as ever, but one guy can't carry a show.

After a while killing off main characters for shock value is no longer shocking.

The Villain of the Season formula has gotten pretty tiresome.

The show has become that bad novel that you quit reading, but skim through to see how it ends.

I read recaps and sometimes watch the talking dead to see what's going on. It seems as if I'm not missing much.

One of my favorite lines regarding the show used to be "...If they kill off Norm Reedus' Daryl, we riot..."
Well, he's still there and as popular as ever, but one guy can't carry a show.

They have so many damned characters, Daryl hardly gets more than one word in anymore.

I've got plenty of criticism for the recent direction of the show, but I get the feeling things are turning around a bit at end of this season, so I can't help but stick around for a little while longer. If next season sucks as bad or worse than the last couple years, though, I might give up on watching and *trying* to love it.

I’m still waiting for a night of the living dead ending where all our survivors are killed by some government works group cleaning up.

Last edited:
Back