The "Waiting for the Next Giveaway" Speakeasy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe not like KenO. Dude, deliver those packages. You guys are the lifeblood of our country. Or, something like that. :D

Delivered another 212 packages to 165 houses for a total of 938 houses this week. And yes I have been to the same house more then once this week.

One last day tomorrow. I cleaned house today. 2 houses tipped me. $30 from one lady and $20 from another. And last night another gave me a bottle of wine!!!

Never thought to tip the delivery guy but if all you do is order online then yea it's probably a good idea.

Looks like with tips I could easily justify the 30L speidel.

I remember those days. Wife would put the kids to bed, I'd get out the tool box. One night we were both up until about 0400 putting stuff together. Glad we came to our senses!

I hear that but I feel like they won't let you in for free....

They have ticket machines when you go in, but you can walk right past them to the admissions guy and hand him a $20 (or whatever) and walk right in with your family. Take my word for it. Can you walk in without paying anything? Yes, but you have to have an iron will and miserly constitution to do that.

I'm not a cheapskate, but I've got a family of 5 (all adults) and vacationing in Manhattan (stayed right on Times Square - needed two rooms!) is expensive. Splurge a little here, scrimp a little there. Two of my kids shot back out of the museum after about an hour and ran around Central Park while the rest of us were in there, so I'm glad I didn't pay any more for them.

I enjoyed taking my boys through the Museam of American History. The collections are pretty extensive. Last time I was there, there was a Submarine section. Having driven them and taken the boys on board at least one of them IRL, they were fascinated by the exhibit.

So finally gave up last night at 3 or so. Mostly done I hope, except for the furniture. Agreed merry Christmas gonna be a great day.

My son went nuts in home depot at the clearance decorations. He was so cute. Since he's only five and I didnt want to burst his bubble I ended up with a car full of decorations. Humongous wreaths , lights that synchronizes, projection lights, candy canes that sparkle, garland that lights up, bath mats with cheesy santa pics, and on and on. It's definitely a lot more Christmasy around here

Only 98 people I visited today.

I hear ya about the museum. When we go to the Bronx zoo on the free Wednesday we always donate about what it would cost.

I was thinking of going to get some stuff as well.

Menards has a count-down sale. They knock a percentage off each day until Christmas Eve where it's all about 75% off. If you can wait that long!

I got the wife the motion stars. We will most likely use it camping too

My son went nuts in home depot at the clearance decorations. He was so cute. Since he's only five and I didnt want to burst his bubble I ended up with a car full of decorations. Humongous wreaths , lights that synchronizes, projection lights, candy canes that sparkle, garland that lights up, bath mats with cheesy santa pics, and on and on. It's definitely a lot more Christmasy around here

Was at lowes last night and the same thing. All decorations were 50% off. Wife was looking at some but I told her I would stop back at 7am Monday morning for a better deal.

My clone is on the right and the real zombie dust is on the left.

IMG_0606.jpg

The clone is a little hoppier than the real thing. Also the real zombie dust is real smooth. I will make some subtle adjustments next time.

Nice!!

Had some of the kane imperial stout I kegged and added meco peppers and cocoa nibs and cinnamon stick too

Screenshot_2016-12-24-18-45-36.jpg

Back