The "Waiting for the Next Giveaway" Speakeasy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only force carbonated the "quick" way. I set the pressure between 25-30 psig and leave it as close to freezing as possible for about 2 full days. But that's not very scientific. Apparently it could go faster if I were to shake the keg periodically.

However, that doesn't really do a proper carbonization. You are supposed to calculate how much pressure based on the temperature and how many volumes of CO2 your beer style calls for.

I don't have accurate gauges for either the fridge or the CO2 pressure as I'm using a 16oz cartridge and a "mini-regulator". But I get pretty tasty results.

So, I think you can wing it and gat reasonable beer. Or, dig a little in the calculations of various brewing softwares/websites and tweak it to your heart's content.

Had fun with the Birthday boy tonight. Played CATAN with him and the youngest (daughter). Interesting board game. Hard to see the end game until it creeps up on you.

Ok, so 30 psi, got it. i will try to not f-this up. It's ready to go, just need to get a CO2 tank filled to make it happen. :D

I've only force carbonated the "quick" way. I set the pressure between 25-30 psig and leave it as close to freezing as possible for about 2 full days. But that's not very scientific. Apparently it could go faster if I were to shake the keg periodically.

Hooked up my zombie dust clone Thursday night at 30psi and everytime I walk by I shake the crap out of it listening to the gas leave the tank. Planned on tapping it tonight but we've been doing a bottle share tonight so maybe tomorrow

I think if you win a prize on this thread there should be a disclaimer that you have to wait 14 days to win again

Allan i will connect you to the thread about force carbing. I've written some stuff on there too. Your glass is on the way.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=73328

Basically you turn up the PSI put that puppy on its side and roll it back and forth violently. If it's cold you do less if it's warm you need more. Or you can turn it up and let it sit for a few days. Or you can turn it up to 10 or 12 and let it sit a week or two. People have had problems turning it up and letting it sit for a few days if they have a leak. If you use that method makes your connections are tight. I roll on piece of carpet. Make sure to let it sit 30min to an hour after quick force carbing and bleed pressure before retapping at lower pressure or it could go back up line.

There's a guy busily typing away about force carbonating for $3 an hour. His pen name is Allan Smith.

Found on the front page soon.

Back