The rise of Mr Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just bought it! hey, quick question for yah. Would it hurt buying the clear one, so i can see whats going on inside???? Or, is the "no light = better beer" theory apply here also? I just noticed people do them in glass carboys...
Technically the darker one is better. (Protects the brew from light). If it's in a dark closet or such the clear is probably okay. Now that I know what I'm looking at I don't really have any problem monitoring the dark keg. I can see if there is krausen, I can see the fill line, I can sample from the spigot...

I spotted these at Cub Foods for the last couple weeks, it caught my attention since I've heard about them but never actually seen one :D

Technically the darker one is better. (Protects the brew from light). If it's in a dark closet or such the clear is probably okay. Now that I know what I'm looking at I don't really have any problem monitoring the dark keg. I can see if there is krausen, I can see the fill line, I can sample from the spigot...

cool. I ordered 2 of the standard brown mr. beer kegs. Also went to austinhomebrew.com and ordered there franziskaner copy hefe weissen. Cant wait for it all to get here this week!!! Figure I will brew up the batch, dump it all, then transfer it to the mr. beer kegs to ferment.

they have always been avail here in Bed Bath Beyond and Rite Aid for years here, that's how I got mine, this year I've started seeing them in Total Wine. I brewed 12 batches before making the jump to 5 gallon and was pretty happy with the results, gave my 2 mini kegs to my brother in law, who still uses both.

My hobby started about 1 year ago when I got a Coopers kit for Xmas from SWMBO... Coopers is significantly more expensive than Mr. Beer but way better. Their 6-gal fermenter is about the best one I have seen in the market and I always use it whenever I can without worrying about a blow off tube for any kind of wort.

The truth is, Coopers or Mr. Beer kits with their canned and hoped ingredients don’t really do good beers, but they are different from the tasteless American lagers many of us once thought were good. Different is not always better but it is enough to make you think outside the box. I thank SWMBO and Coopers for the quality beer I produce now several months and hundred dollars later...

:mug::mug::mug:

Back