The right beer for every football team

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpride1911

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this story today and reposted it my Counter Insurgency Brewing FB page before I actually read it. I finally read it and it's entertaining and slightly sarcastic, which means I like it. Examples: Bud for the Cowboys, because they've lost all their quality, and PBR for the Jaguars, basically because they're crap.
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/59431358

Excellent piece. I love the Local Seasonal Artisanal Imperial Brewed with Water Chiseled from a Glacier and Filtered Through a Unicorn's Horn IPA mentioned in the NE Patriots part. However, fitting in with their penchant for filming other teams' signs and practices, shouldn't it be Local Seasonal Artisanal Imperial Brewed with Water Chiseled from a Glacier and Filtered Through a Unicorn's Horn Stolen from Gandalf's Lair IPA?

Haha, That's a good catch and probably true. I laughed at the Goose Island reference that I thought was pretty good too:

The Goose Island website is little help: it provides tasting notes, but none of the rhapsodic mythmaking that most craft brewers feel compelled to compose. (Brewed in the tradition of the immigrants of the Hundehaufen Valley who settled in this neighborhood after the Pretzel Famine of 1844, this beer made from a mix of spring water and virgin's tears and is aged in a cave behind a waterfall in barrels made from fallen Sequoias for exactly eleven fortnights…).

Nice write-up for the Packers. Titletown Brewing is excellent.

"Founders KBS boats a hefty 11.2 percent alcohol by volume, so it can knock you on your keister and unnecessarily rough you before Ndamukong Suh gets his chance."

It's a pretty accurate article, I'd say!

Aside from Redskins being Mikes, good article. Kinda seems to have given up on the last entry due to exhaustion. Oh well. Still a good article.

"Bud Lite Strawberry Lime-o-Rita"

Yup.

And as an aside...

Gotta find a place for Natty Daddy though. 8%, comes in 24oz cans for a buck.. That's right... basically a 6-pack of Natural Light for three bucks..

I first discovered Natty Daddy when responding to a "potential alcohol poisoning" at an underage party. The local PD cleared the scene and made it safe, and there's my patient.. a sweet little 17 y/o girl, half naked and puking her guts out all over the place.

I stalled on scene, hoping that she'd get most of the puking done not on my ambulance, and when the retching subsided, I asked her "how many beers did you have?" She said "I only had 3!" I usually multiply the number of drinks a drunk patient tells me by 3 or 4, when a helpful bystander said "No dude, serious, she only had three. I don't think she made it all the way through the third can.."

Wow. Friggin lightweight, right? "What was she drinking?" I inquired.

"Natty Daddy."

"Natty what?"

"Daddy."

Okay.. got me on that one. Dude brings me the can while my patient goes through another body spasm retching.

(For the record, I was keeping an eye on her, especially her airway. Scene time was just under 7 minutes.)

I look at the can. Okay, I can see how 72-ish ounces could make this girl throw up breakfast from a month ago. Then I saw it: 8% ALC. BY VOL.

Suddenly the sixer turned into a twelver, at least.. 105-pound 17 year-olds should probably NOT be drinking a 12-pack (granted, not anything at all). I reached down, picked her up and dropped her on the stretcher and we were off.

Thus was my introduction to the Sensation of Washington County, Maine: Natty Daddy.

"Bud Lite Strawberry Lime-o-Rita"

Yup.

And as an aside...

Gotta find a place for Natty Daddy though. 8%, comes in 24oz cans for a buck.. That's right... basically a 6-pack of Natural Light for three bucks..

I first discovered Natty Daddy when responding to a "potential alcohol poisoning" at an underage party. The local PD cleared the scene and made it safe, and there's my patient.. a sweet little 17 y/o girl, half naked and puking her guts out all over the place.

I stalled on scene, hoping that she'd get most of the puking done not on my ambulance, and when the retching subsided, I asked her "how many beers did you have?" She said "I only had 3!" I usually multiply the number of drinks a drunk patient tells me by 3 or 4, when a helpful bystander said "No dude, serious, she only had three. I don't think she made it all the way through the third can.."

Wow. Friggin lightweight, right? "What was she drinking?" I inquired.

"Natty Daddy."

"Natty what?"

"Daddy."

Okay.. got me on that one. Dude brings me the can while my patient goes through another body spasm retching.

(For the record, I was keeping an eye on her, especially her airway. Scene time was just under 7 minutes.)

I look at the can. Okay, I can see how 72-ish ounces could make this girl throw up breakfast from a month ago. Then I saw it: 8% ALC. BY VOL.

Suddenly the sixer turned into a twelver, at least.. 105-pound 17 year-olds should probably NOT be drinking a 12-pack (granted, not anything at all). I reached down, picked her up and dropped her on the stretcher and we were off.

Thus was my introduction to the Sensation of Washington County, Maine: Natty Daddy.

Here in Washington something like that happened with that 4-Loco garbage. Only she died. Which of course spawned a run on that garbage. I don't remember that % at the time, but it was also combined with energy drink. It tasted like Kool-aid. After the death it was all recalled and banned and then outlawed. It ended up all getting turned into a bio-fuel. They still sell it, but without the energy drink portion.

BIL and I were shopping for a few odds and ends to take back to the campground. He'd had a trying day with the wife getting packed up and heading out there with the two kids and you all know how it goes...

Anyway, we were browsing through the singles so he could get his attitude adjusted quickly and there they were: Natty Daddy! "Dude! 8% and 24 ounces!" He bought one and I picked up a Genesee Cream Ale because I never had one and wasn't about to waste $12 on a 30-pack of something I didn't like.

Back at the campground he took a drink and prompted proclaimed it to be "Better than ass, but not by much!" I am sure he didn't finish the whole thing. I tasted and had to agree with him.

Surely Natty Daddy can fit somewhere on this list!?

Latest posts

Back