The perfect thermometer/controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric-at-yosmart.com

Reaction score
We have our next-gen humidity and/or temperature sensors almost on the drawing board. I know some of you are happily using our sensors for your home brewing, but I also know that others wish they had some additional feature or spec. I am looking for your suggestions. Describe the perfect device. I'll see if we can make it happen.

Data storage and visualizations is something we get asked for frequently. We have a web console in beta testing right now, it would be compatible with but separate from our sensors. This console's ideal application is buildings with 500-5000+ sensors, but we are coming out with a Raedius Home application that maybe can be put to use by a lot of you. This is a cloud-based dashboard slash command & control center, with Node-RED available for advanced automations, and if another brand has an API, those sensors/devices can be brought in and displayed right next to ours. We're working with several professional trades to tailor Raedius to a particular application, from HVAC to physical access control to video surveillance. If any of you - ideally already have a YoLink system - would like to provide some guidance on what a Raedius brewing management system should look like, including doing some beta testing, let me know!

Some related links: Streaming data for brewery ops with Grafana

https://grafana.com/grafana/dashboards/3957
Thanks!

Eric with YoSmart/YoLink
www.shop.yosmart.com

Attachments

• visualize situational awareness.jpg
    visualize situational awareness.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
Admittedly I'm not familiar with your products, and so this may be a misunderstanding on my part from only having flipped through your website over the past few minutes, but the biggest concern I have with your offerings vs. those of one of the other key HBT sponsors is that it seems like there's a certain degree of lock-in within your ecosystem.

Am I correct in thinking that the "proprietary YoLink Protocol" mentioned on the YoLink Hub page means that there isn't an opportunity for building-out third party devices (integrating LoRa radios, obviously) that pick up YoLink sensors without the use of the hub/cloud?

Latest posts

Back