The Official 2007 GABF Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smolakian said:
I volunteered at the festival.

It was an amazing time. This was the first year I volunteered and it was totally worth it. I poured Friday night and Saturday afternoon. We went for free on Saturday night. I'm so glad we were there the night before and the Saturday afternoon session. Saturday night was a cluster**** and a lot of stuff was out. (It was funny to notice the age/attitude differences between the two nights...and I'm the the Saturday night age group) But, we got to taste pretty much everything that we had missed in the previous sessions. The whole volunteering thing allowed us to get a lot more in and enjoy the beers much more than trying to taste everything in 4 hours. It's a great deal for all of you guys who don't wanna spend the dough on tickets. You get to sample just as much when you are "working" as when you're there on your own! Plus, you get much more opportunity to BS with the brewers.

How did you volunteer? I was a volunteer at the Fort Collins Brewfest this summer and would love to do it at GABF if I still live in CO next year.:rockin:

olllllo, dblvsn...nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. I wish I would have brought my camera.

does it only happen once a year..i want more!!!!!!!! gonna have to plan a local pub/brewery tour for us local guys...im up for it anyone else??? could do everything in boulder...lots of beers to drink there...i donno i am going through withdrawls...no brewing going on att he moment....everything in storage till i get setteld in a new place...so yeah lets all get together for something...even non locals if you can find a reason to come!

StoutMeister said:
does it only happen once a year..i want more!!!!!!!! gonna have to plan a local pub/brewery tour for us local guys...im up for it anyone else??? could do everything in boulder...lots of beers to drink there...i donno i am going through withdrawls...no brewing going on att he moment....everything in storage till i get setteld in a new place...so yeah lets all get together for something...even non locals if you can find a reason to come!

I'd be down for a boulder tour. I'll be on my bike though :mug:

Avery
Boulder Brewing CO
Twisted Pine
Oasis
Mountain and/or Southern Sun
Redstone Meadery

:mug:
ColoradoXJ13 said:
I'd be down for a boulder tour. I'll be on my bike though :mug:

Avery
Boulder Brewing CO
Twisted Pine
Oasis
Mountain and/or Southern Sun
Redstone Meadery
lets not forget...walnut...redfish...BJ's.....and hell even old chicago......anyone else??? more ppl!!! and lets set a date....

A few pictures from GABF 2007

2007 Bry Beer Tour

Touring Avery in Boulder
Denver 07 587.jpg
Denver 07 586.jpg

Mountain Sun, Boulder
Denver 07 615.jpg
Denver 07 616.jpg

Redstone Meadery
Denver 07 617.jpg

Falling Rock
Denver 07 561.jpg
Denver 07 562.jpg

Getting into the festival
Denver 07 669.jpg

L to R - dblvsn's buddy (I apologize for not remembering his name), Brewtopia, StoutMeister, dblvsn, olllllo
Denver 07 673.jpg

Dave Buhler of Elysian Brewing caps off the evening with a nice Belgian at The Falling Rock Taphouse.
Denver 07 697.jpg

now i know i was blasted.....i dont remember the photo!!!:tank: anyways....back to possible boulder beer run...yes walnut redfish bjs and OC are not great places for beer as most of the stuff the put out is well... IMO more like comercial crap...but was just naming them for the hell of it...so when would be a good time/day??? have to be a week day or Sat. redstone is closed on sundays

StoutMeister said:
now i know i was blasted.....i dont remember the photo!!!:tank: anyways....back to possible boulder beer run...yes walnut redfish bjs and OC are not great places for beer as most of the stuff the put out is well... IMO more like comercial crap...but was just naming them for the hell of it...so when would be a good time/day??? have to be a week day or Sat. redstone is closed on sundays

Saturdays are best for me, I am out of the country from Oct 29-Nov 7, so sometime after that.

Back