The most noobish question ever?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cap1

Reaction score
Ok so I am on my first batch of home made goodness but I can't exactly tell the temperature of the beer right now. I have one of those black thermometer strips that stick on the container. As of right now I see 2 different colored bars going across two temperatures. A green one going across 66 degrees and an amber one going across the 68 degrees. Anyone able to tell me what the colors mean? :D

Yeah, what Flowerysong said. But, fermentation is an exothermic process (heat is released), so the actually temp inside your fermenter can be a few degrees higher. As long as the strip says 67-ish, you should be fine.

So green is the key? I learn something new everyday.
I never did trust that thing, but I threw it on my pale when I got it. Would you believe that it still works over 10 years?

Ah ok thats good to know. Its 20 days in and I was just curious, was too lazy to post till now. Thanks for the help!

no actually the most noobish question is...hmmm there's a lot of them but yours doesn't even rate...

Possible most noobish questions

1)What does Rdwhahb Mean?
2)What Does Swmbo mean?
3) Is my beer ruined?
4) WHy is my beer not carbed when I bottled it yesterday?
5) So how do I make beer anyway?

So no, your guestion doesn't rate....and the strips ARE confusing.
:D

Back