The light in my head is flickering- Malt Syrup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tennessee Brew

Reaction score
Funny how minds work, especially mine. While brewing some beer last night I thought to myself. DME, we use it to make drink, it tastes pretty darn good.. this may be amazing to make a malted syrup for pancakes or even a malted shake. Has anyone ever tried this? I mean it cant kill ya. I know its not technically the same malt used in shakes (I dont think). Anyway like I said, I tend to think more like a gorilla whose been hit over the head too much

My wife and I regularly use DME to make Malted Milkshakes. A well heaping TBSP per shake. Amber DME works best.

Hmm .. Hard Milkshake, .5 fermented malt .75 unfermented malt. Hell I may have come up with the dream idea
or a way to get in the ER

i was thinking if you're worried about weight gain, use the ABV to lower the freezing point, and blend up some ice? kinda like sugar does but with fun ethanol?

Back