The LegoKegorator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulshe

Reaction score
Well did not want to spring for anything to build my tap tower and came up with this. Me and my son are going have to mod the structure a bit. And we get to decorate it for the seasons. It's ready for halloween.

The kegerator itself was a nice project thanks to all the tips here. Even has an updraft fan to keep the lines cold. Well only one line currently. And need to do something better to seal the bridge portion.

I'll be building a box around the fridge with a shelf on the side for the gas. But for now. The legokegorator is alive.

IMAG1223 (1).jpg

paulshe said:
Well did not want to spring for anything to build my tap tower and came up with this. Me and my son are going have to mod the structure a bit. And we get to decorate it for the seasons. It's ready for halloween. The kegerator itself was a nice project thanks to all the tips here. Even has an updraft fan to keep the lines cold. Well only one line currently. And need to do something better to seal the bridge portion. I'll be building a box around the fridge with a shelf on the side for the gas. But for now. The legokegorator is alive.

That is awesome. Gunna have to pull out the box today and get some building done.

Thanks for the comments.

We have about 30 years worth of legos. Hard part on this build was finding enough old school 2x4 bricks. We just added a few mini figs with heads decapitated. My other motivation here, by the way, is that since getting back into brewing after 20 years I bought a pile of my gear from a guy on craigslist. The shanks I got are like 4 inchs long so I figure this way I can custom build the size of the coffin around the size of the shank. Also planning on a full lego base to cover the fridge. Maybe even little lego rails like on the official kegorator.

We will for sure do a rebuild or 5 on this. Trying to figure how I can incorporate mindstorms into it.

Back