the joys of 32 oz bottles....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uglygoat

Reaction score
my brother got in from florida wednesday night and came over promptly to enjoy some of the ale we brewed in early december... we made it through more than a few of the regular 12oz bottles before he starts grabbing the big mamas we had bottled too... i remember cracking the second big boy, pouring it for the three of us, then waking up in me bed with a lump on me head...

he said i took a tumble off the back of the stool into the christmas tree next to the bar. it needed to be put away for the season any way..

:cross:

it's been some years since i took a dive off the stool~

t1master said:
my brother got in from florida wednesday night and came over promptly to enjoy some of the ale we brewed in early december... we made it through more than a few of the regular 12oz bottles before he starts grabbing the big mamas we had bottled too... i remember cracking the second big boy, pouring it for the three of us, then waking up in me bed with a lump on me head...

My favorite part is the implied statement that he was seeing double. To paraphrase:

"Me and my brother started drinking".
"We started getting into the BIG bottles."
"I poured the second big bottle FOR THE THREE OF US."

-walker

That is awesome. I haven't had a chuckle like that in a long time. Glad to hear you woke up and will be ready to go again tonight.

I hate waking up the next day and discovering that you actually thought you could have another one, only to find a near full bottle of your good stuff opened, undrank and ruined. Man...all that hard work and down the drain it goes.

loop

loopmd said:
I hate waking up the next day and discovering that you actually thought you could have another one, only to find a near full bottle of your good stuff opened, undrank and ruined. Man...all that hard work and down the drain it goes.

I did that New Years with a 22 oz. of my strong ale. Punched myself in the balls for that one . . .

t1 - LOL! Last time I had a mysterious lump on my head was when I attended a friends wedding in Wyoming last summer. I didn't even know where it came from for the longest time and then I saw that friend again and he tells me the story. Apparently I walked up to talk to him and the bride, congratulate them, etc. I stuck my arm out to lean up against a wall and it turned out to be a door that went directly out to the sidewalk. I guess I ate s**t pretty hard but rather than get up and come back in to continue the conversation I got up and walked off - never to be seen or heard from again that night. I woke up in my hotel bed the next morning - couldn't tell ya how I got there.

It's one of those stories that you're initially really embarrassed about - especially since there were probably a lot of witnesses. For the next few days you swear off drinking and pray that everyone will forget that you a$$ed out. Then beer starts to sound appealing again - then you tell yourself it wasn't so bad - then you start to think it was kind of funny - then you get on an internet forum and tell the rest of the world. Live and learn I guess . . . . ha ha!

live and don't learn, that's my motto, at least when it comes to making an arse outta myself whilst drinking ;)

Another good reason for kegging!

loopmd said:

Down the drain!? Sounds like it would be time to make some beer beef stew.

mmditter said:
Down the drain!? Sounds like it would be time to make some beer beef stew.

I don't know about you, but the last thing I want to do when I've got a hangover like that is make stew. It's pretty much guaranteed that if I got so drunk the night before that I fell down, I'm going to be a worthless piece of doo doo the next day.

Haven't done that in a long time, though. :D

turns out we wiped out about half a batch of brew, save 3 remaining 32 0z bottles... dumbasses :drunk:

luckily there is plenty more anteing up to be bottled...

Back