The [Horribly Unpopular] Soccer Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched DCvSKC - great back and forth. Lots of intercepted passes that looked more like Inaccurate passes instead of good defense. Great to see US soccer again!

FlyDoctor said:
Watched DCvSKC - great back and forth. Lots of intercepted passes that looked more like Inaccurate passes instead of good defense. Great to see US soccer again!

Yeah the collective passing for all clubs was a little shady... except RSL of course. But I was pushing for sporting to get a goal... they definitely deserved one

Yeah I jumped quite a bit after Boyd racked up points but I need to do some changes. I'll just use my 1 free transfer this round and if it's not working it's time for a Wildcard :D

Also, no soccer today?! Damn I'm already getting withdrawals. Luckily there is some CCL action tomorrow.

The H2H password isn't working for me.

Sorry for the delayed response. That's really odd.... it says you'll be added to Classic after the round is over but nothing on H2H. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Okay, it should work for you now. Give it a shot

Still getting:
This is not a valid league code. Please enter another code or check the code with the league administrator.

For those who didn't watch the match yesterday...

Timbers fans singing the National Anthem:

Kris Boyd's goal that I posted about:

Last edited by a moderator:
That was well taken by Boyd.

I'm so excited about where MLS is in year 17. Year 1 seems like such a long time ago. Now we just need some of the original teams to build up their fan bases.

I think the recent expansion teams have been aided by there being a solid, mature league to come in to (I remember the uphill road as the leader of one of the original supporters clubs for one of the original teams). I think they've elevated support to the next level, which I do think, in time, will feed back into the older clubs. I love it. The more we see stuff like TA and Sounders home crowds on TV, the more it will grow the game. Love it love it love it.

That's the oddest thing... I'll contact the webmasters and see what's up.

That was well taken by Boyd.

I'm so excited about where MLS is in year 17. Year 1 seems like such a long time ago. Now we just need some of the original teams to build up their fan bases.

I think the recent expansion teams have been aided by there being a solid, mature league to come in to (I remember the uphill road as the leader of one of the original supporters clubs for one of the original teams). I think they've elevated support to the next level, which I do think, in time, will feed back into the older clubs. I love it. The more we see stuff like TA and Sounders home crowds on TV, the more it will grow the game. Love it love it love it.

It really is beautiful to behold, isn't it? :rockin:

I think TA sounded even better this year :D

Thanks we do what we can. Just for the record I was singing bass from section 202 first row closest to section 203 and really do my best to bring the low notes to the front. :ban:

Props to to MLS because MLS Live was amazing in week 1. Almost HD quality streams.

Yup after finally learning the tricks of unlocking the full potential of my cpu I must say the quality is fantastic.

Props to to MLS because MLS Live was amazing in week 1. Almost HD quality streams.
I'm pissed that they are blacking out local games. I'd buy MLS Live with zero hesitation if I knew games on FSOH weren't going to be blacked out. With my local team being blacked out, there's almost no value for me (despite the fact that it looked great on my Roku).

Yeah the blackouts are a bummer. But you can always find a web proxy that makes your IP appear Canadian.

There's also First Row Sports, livetv.ru/en, and rojadirecta. Between those three and MLS Live (or MDL last season) I have yet to miss a match I wanted to watch. There's also club specific streams that people are nice enough to keep constant. For instance, every single LA match is shown on the Dysreflexx channel on justin.tv

You just need to know what to look for :mug:

Wow, only $60 for the MLS Live. That's not bad at all. They don't have an AppleTV app though, but it does support AirPlay from the iPad and iPhone to the AppleTV. I think I may have to pick that up. All of the local games are televised anyways.

I think they're working on more connective products like appletv and XBOX 360.

Yeah the blackouts are a bummer. But you can always find a web proxy that makes your IP appear Canadian.
I wonder if I can proxy my Roku traffic. Off to the Googlez!

Reno_eNVy said:
There's also First Row Sports, livetv.ru/en, and rojadirecta. Between those three and MLS Live (or MDL last season) I have yet to miss a match I wanted to watch. There's also club specific streams that people are nice enough to keep constant. For instance, every single LA match is shown on the Dysreflexx channel on justin.tv
Yeah, I've used FRS to watch MMA before. I just really like the convenience of using the Roku and watching on my HDTV. Sure, I can proxy my MacBook, and hook up an HDMI cable, but that's a hassle.

I want to drop cable to save a few bucks a month, and this *might* be the last hurdle for me. My wife is a different story, but I can get 99% of everything I want to watch via antenna or Hulu (or other streaming source) - and the rest I can wait until it shows up on Netflix or I could just torrent it.

Wow, am getting ready to watch the Liverpool v Stoke FA Cup game and saw the report on Fabrice Muamba collapsing. They say he had a heart attack during the game. The used a defibrillator while he was still on the pitch. He's still in the hospital and in critical condition. They cancelled the game.

Pappers, yeah they mentioned that during the Chivas vs Vancouver match. Sad stuff. Apparently his heart stopped beating independently for almost 2 hours. As of 1 hour ago he's still "critically ill" but of course he's going to be after a heart arrest.

A dude that fit just having his heart stop? Sounds genetic, unfortunately...

Saw two games this weekend (on tv) - the Chicago Fire v. Montreal game and the Liverpool v. Stoke FA cup game. The first game was good, glad the Fire came away with one point. Does make me wonder if they can break their record for most draws in a season set last year. Ha! They have to get Pardo more touches. On the plus side, their first string keeper, Sean Johnson, was on call with the U-23/Olympic team and their new keeper, who played with AC Milan, did a very nice job.

The Fire's home opener is next Saturday, I can't make it but my son is going.

I just saw some video on Reddit of the Seattle - Toronto match, and there is some really pretty football from the Sounders. Three really class goals by a Seattle striker.

This is why you watch MLS on St. Paddy's Day

<object width="620" height="349" id="cf2123eoi" name="cf2123eon" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://p.mlssoccer.com/SAu5a/video/908199/mls_2012-03-17-213039.640hq.mp4"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed width="620" height="349" src="http://p.mlssoccer.com/SAu5a/video/908199/mls_2012-03-17-213039.640hq.mp4" id="cf2123eei" name="cf2123een" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" /></object>

What are your thoughts on Al jazerra winning rights to La Liga and apparently Serie A now in the US?

I'm not talking about "Isn't that one dem terrist channels?" but the fact that how in the hell can we watch football on Al Jazerra sports when no one has the channel?

Really? I hadn't heard that.

But seriously, who the hell has that channel?

You can get the Al Jazzera news station on Roku. It's actually pretty good. Good (English language) coverage of middle eastern news.

Back