The [Horribly Unpopular] Soccer Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could have used him on the pitch today rather than immediately loaning him back. Nobody else seems to be able to score.

True that, but it is what it is. We are just playing the oki-doke & then we will pick our moment to score - perhaps at Wembley vs spuds :p
btw any takers on a signature bet on who goes to the EFL Cup Final?

Ugh. WHY did Poch bring Kane on?

I get he's hungry.

But we're already thrashing a vastly inferior side based on nothing more than the gulf in quality, not even playing well.

We started to many of the starting XI as it is. Don't sub on ****ing Harry Kane to rest Llorente!

We have too many matches right now that matter far more than the FA Cup. And a really shallow squad.

Play. The. Lads.

Some players need to run around a bit every game to keep their rhythm going. Guess Kane is like that. But, I agree, don’t risk injuring our only real striker!

If you're gonna play like a training session, do it in training.

Not when you have to worry about sh!te pitch or some National League hard lad making a reckless legbreaker tackle.

What? No away goal tiebreaker and then extra time?

Apparently it's straight aggregate and a tie goes straight to PKs?

Bollocks.

While going to Stamford Bridge ahead is good, that's less good.

Not sure if De Gea deserves MotM, or Mike Dean.

De Gea, incredible saves in both quantity and quality aside, should have been warned and then booked for time wasting.

Pogba should have been shown a straight red.

Countless fouls to Spurs not called, and plenty of free kicks awarded to ManUre for fair play.

And despite all that and Tripps having a poor first half, De Gea is still the only reason Spurs didn't win.

Last edited:
Not sure if De Gea deserves MotM, or Mike Dean.

De Gea, incredible saves in both quantity and quality aside, should have been warned and then booked for time wasting.

Pogba should have been shown a straight red.

Countless fouls to Spurs not called, and plenty of free kicks awarded to ManUre for fair play.

And despite all that and Tripps having a poor first half, De Gea is still the only reason Spurs didn't win.
giphy.gif

that aggregate lead seems a bit smaller now. I believe there will be some moist eyes on Jan 24th & they won't be mine

Serge Aurier arrested now too.

I fully expect that a freak earthquake will demolish the new grounds in the next 24-48 hours.

Worst.
Year.
Ever.

Now Demble is off to China. Isn't Sissoko out w/ an injury too? Man I wish the 24th would get here sooner, but Chelsea have to deal w/ the Woolwich Wanders this weekend. I love London Derbies!!!

It's real funny at all the Chelsea trophy memes all start in 2003....

Wonder why.

Could be that before Abramovich took over as Chelsea's sugar daddy in 2003 Chelsea won pretty much f*** all.

Hell you rule out the Abramovich money, and Everton and Aston Villa have more trophies. Even Newcastle. Even Sunderland. Hell a bunch of clubs currently in lower leagues.

Chelsea didn't earn it and the rest of us don't respect it. Mid table sh*** with money still acting like mid table sh***. Ain't got no history.

How many people, I wonder meet both conditions:

1. Supported Chelsea prior to 2003
2. Are not a National Front member or supporter (ie neo-Nazi). What with them actively recruiting out of Stamford Bridge for YEARS.

It's real funny at all the Chelsea trophy memes all start in 2003....

Wonder why.

Could be that before Abramovich took over as Chelsea's sugar daddy in 2003 Chelsea won pretty much f*** all.

Hell you rule out the Abramovich money, and Everton and Aston Villa have more trophies. Even Newcastle. Even Sunderland. Hell a bunch of clubs currently in lower leagues.

Chelsea didn't earn it and the rest of us don't respect it. Mid table sh*** with money still acting like mid table sh***. Ain't got no history.

How many people, I wonder meet both conditions:

1. Supported Chelsea prior to 2003
2. Are not a National Front member or supporter (ie neo-Nazi). What with them actively recruiting out of Stamford Bridge for YEARS.

remember I am from The USA. I started to really pay attention when Ruud joined the club, so if you want you can say Glenn Hoddle started The Golden Age of Chelsea, but remember both Terry Venables & Jimmy Greaves were Chelsea Players before they went to spuds as well. If it makes you feel any better, you can marvel at this Classic Chelsea meme
cfc_ruining_footie_zps341a29ab.jpg

so after Thursday I will LOL again as I watch spuds fail again. Again, I don't hate because I am a carefree fan of The Mighty CFC :yes:

The important thing is, discounting all the silverware Chelski rang up on the charge card at Russian Oil Trophy Market, we've won more than them.

And by the same logic, City. We've all done better than City. That's an even grander case of plastic fantastic.

don't worry spuds, Higuain won't be able to play again your lot in this match but in the EPL match he will - not sure he won't be Falcao 2.0 though

F***ing stupid rule changes.

Away goal tie breakers are meant to reward success away from home. This straight to PKs bollocks is ridiculous.

Oh well. Either way, oil money is gonna buy more silverware.

Yeah, and after barely beating our C team.
Given that standard rules for two leg matchups is away goals, they didn't beat us. It was handed to them. Just like everything else is handed to them.

As soon as it went to PKs I knew it was over. Had Dele, Son, and obviously Harry been playing, and Hugo been in goal it would have been another story.

I like Gazza. He's been good. But he wasn't ready and isn't experienced enough for the pressure of a PK shootout against a strong team.

Back