The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of good, solidly built, drinkable, traditional adult beverages...

Pouring tomorrow at Masstoberfest

1 Cider. Semi-sweet. 5%
2 The Tallywacker American Ale 3.4%
3 The Double D IPA. 5.2%
4 Porter Square English Porter 5.4%
I'll be bringing some Spyglass growlers if anyone's interested.

Again free bottles for a good home! Otherwise I'll be tempted to recycle.

Have a fun fest, I’ll be wishing I was there while I’m with some nutty sports fans watching the cornhuskers and screaming at the tv when they do something good and when they blow it... you know how it is...

Hmmmmm....

?? Cuz they are a haze-pastry stout place? ? I’ve been pretty clear and consistent on this for a while. I have zero hate for the beer or breweries. Breweries are going to brew what people buy and if they are making money, more power to then. Have at it.

Where my grumpiness comes out is I hate form over substance and the “phenomenon” around those beers is what I roll my eyes at. I hate fake hype and the industry has never seen fake hype like they do around those beers.

I got hate for the game... not the playas.

?? Cuz they are a haze-pastry stout place? ? I’ve been pretty clear and consistent on this for a while. I have zero hate for the beer or breweries. Breweries are going to brew what people buy and if they are making money, more power to then. Have at it.

Where my grumpiness comes out is I hate form over substance and the “phenomenon” around those beers is what I roll my eyes at. I hate fake hype and the industry has never seen fake hype like they do around those beers.

Not to mention those beers are stupid expensive to brew. I was at the Witches Brew yesterday to pick up ingredients for an Irish Red to brew today. Just over $20. Some other guy dropped almost $70. He had 11 ounces of high octane hops!!. For one five gallon batch!!!! Sorry, you’re stupid.

Last edited:

Aah. I didn't catch your direction at hype.

Still
#GrumpyOldManitis[emoji2398]

That's what family is all about from what I can tell. Just broke my toe "helping" my brother fix his POS rusty toyota. (can I come over and use your lift) like he was going to do the work. Now I go spend rest of afternoon sitting with my ailing mom and look at the pictures she took out the window with her phone this week.

The master at his craft
IMG_20191005_162957.jpeg

How's everyone in the Eastern parts doin'?

Classic three day nor easter, seems to me these used to happen more often, but they make a big deal about them now, and cancel the boats at any excuse. Not that I'd want to be out fishing, or doing outdoor construction work for that matter, though I'm sure someone is doing both right now, especially fishing, some of the bass derby nuts take pride in going out in this stuff.

Back in the day, if we (USCG) got called out to pluck some ******* from the roiling seas on a day like this we went out with joy in our hearts. We had boats designed to be out there in this stuff and it was our chance to play, show off and be rock stars. And we always managed to lord our superiority over those idiots and let them know in no uncertain terms that they were idiots and shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the keys to a boat because they didn’t have sense enough to stay home in bed and bang the old lady when it was just plain stupidity to cast off lines.

These days they probably give them a participation trophy and tell them that they’re winners.

I’m glad I’ll be dead soon. I miss the old days.

Back in the day, if we (USCG) got called out to pluck some ******* from the roiling seas on a day like this we went out with joy in our hearts. We had boats designed to be out there in this stuff and it was our chance to play, show off and be rock stars. And we always managed to lord our superiority over those idiots and let them know in no uncertain terms that they were idiots and shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the keys to a boat because they didn’t have sense enough to stay home in bed and bang the old lady when it was just plain stupidity to cast off lines.

These days they probably give them a participation trophy and tell them that they’re winners.

I’m glad I’ll be dead soon. I miss the old days.

Capture.16.JPG

Hey now! You know we'd all miss him.

Happy to read that, I really wanted to come down for awhile but my wife's 96 yo mother in law (think about it) needed attention units paid...

Cheers!

Family WAY more important than hanging out with us. Enjoy your time with her. I’m lucky, my mom (88) was able to come and had a great time.
0_JiQWK8Z4BpyuyT6cOTcIn8A

Speaking of important,, if not off topic, anyone brewing lately?

Mashed in about an hour ago, time for recirc(vorlauf) soon. Still limping around from the driveshaft my brother dropped on my foot last week, but is has been 3 weeks since I brewed. If nothing is going on beer wise when I go down cellar, seems like something is missing.

Back