The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not. Jumbled work schedule has only given me one night to hang out with Alice in the past week and I won't get another till next Wednesday. So I can spend Friday night getting hungover with you fools or playing The Traveling Salesman and The Farmers Daughter with her.

paulthenurse said:
Probably not. Jumbled work schedule has only given me one night to hang out with Alice in the past week and I won't get another till next Wednesday. So I can spend Friday night getting hungover with you fools or playing The Traveling Salesman and The Farmers Daughter with her.

I didn't need that visual...

We should plan a brew day sometime soon.

I didn't forget. I'm talking NHC and something that I can take home to drink. Oh and something that will dry out and finish. Where is that at? 1.060, 1.050 ish???

It's ok... Paul would struggle with all of the awesome that's gonna be there tomorrow night.

All six taps at The Cape are flowing and then for food we have:

- smoked salmon rillette
- smoked pork rillette
- duck and green peppercorn rillette
- regular duck prosciutto (way better than PTN's salt lick duck)
- duck prosciutto w/ fresh thyme, black pepper and juniper berries
- homemade carbonnara (meaning homemade pasta and home cured pancetta)
- roasted bone marrow with parsley, shallots and capers

Oh... And 15 or so single malt scotches.

Yeah, I am sure PTN's 9 seconds of ecstasy will be better than that.

Did you want us to bring anything else??? What can I bring beside my lovely personality and scotch? (I know that's plenty but...)

And I'm totally crashing on a couch.

It's ok... Paul would struggle with all of the awesome that's gonna be there tomorrow night.

All six taps at The Cape are flowing and then for food we have:

- deep fried smoked salmon rillette
- deep fried smoked pork rillette
- deep fried duck and green peppercorn rillette
- deep fried regular duck prosciutto (way better than PTN's salt lick duck)
- deep fried duck prosciutto w/ fresh thyme, black pepper and juniper berries
- deep fried homemade carbonnara (meaning homemade pasta and home cured pancetta)
- deep fried roasted bone marrow with parsley, shallots and capers

Oh... And 15 or so deep fried single malt scotches.

Yeah, I am sure PTN's 9 seconds of ecstasy will be better than that.

Sounds good. What time should I show up?

Any of you boys want a 12-gallon Pyrex carboy for $75?

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/hsh/2917795724.html

I don't need it (I don't see myself stepping into 10-gallon batches anytime soon, and that would be an absolute BEAST to lug around). But, I'll get in touch with the guy and get it if someone else wants it. I'm sure I'll be out at one of the gatherings (not next weekend, my wife's out of town so I'm on kid duty) before too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a great price and a lot better than Demi glass. I want it but can't justify another carboy right now. I really want larger carboys but am probably going for 15 gal plastic conicals.

I just offered him $60 for it. I figure even if I don't *need* it right now, I can find sometime interesting to use it for (or re-sell it later). I won't feel as bad about "wasting" money if I don't pay full price, though!

Probably have to buy a dolly to lug it around when it's full!

Anyone converted a kettle to electric before? I know there are tons of resources here to help me do it myself, but I lack a lot of the necessary tools and was wondering if someone might be able to help me with some conversions.

I have a wire stripper...

What are you looking for? I have most of the tools but have limited electrical conversation experience.

modernlifeisANDY said:
I need an experienced man to wire up my element.

What size element did you get? Did you build a sub panel? There's a lot of things that you need for electric. I looked at all the options but was cost prohibitive for me right now.

Depending on what size element you have decides how much power or draw you need.

I just dimpled and soldered all my kegs. I would assume your going to do the same thing to yours so you can run the elements through and to be able to disassemble and clean.

We can get everything put together, leaving you with wiring everything into your control panel. Based on what you buy is going to determine what you need. If your single element is over 2000 watts you'll need 240 and if you go with 1500 watts or less you can plug into socket.

Most builds go with 2 elements like a single tier then you'll need a sub panel box off your main box. If you go single plug then you'll need to draw from multiple outlets off separate fuses so you don't trip them.

I have my control box for when I convert everything on my system.

Like I said I don't know what you need based on what you bought or have. I can build a sub box and run fuses but internal wiring or your system per controls and operation is solely determined on what you want, need, and bought.

I hope that helps.

I just dimpled and soldered all my kegs. I would assume your going to do the same thing to yours so you can run the elements through and to be able to disassemble and clean.

We can get everything put together, leaving you with wiring everything into your control panel. Based on what you buy is going to determine what you need. If your single element is over 2000 watts you'll need 240 and if you go with 1500 watts or less you can plug into socket.

Most builds go with 2 elements like a single tier then you'll need a sub panel box off your main box. If you go single plug then you'll need to draw from multiple outlets off separate fuses so you don't trip them.

I have my control box for when I convert everything on my system.

Like I said I don't know what you need based on what you bought or have. I can build a sub box and run fuses but internal wiring or your system per controls and operation is solely determined on what you want, need, and bought.

I hope that helps.

It does, thanks! Will let you know when I move on the conversion.

I just dimpled and soldered all my kegs.

Dakota,
did you end up dimpling the coupling for the electric element too? I'm having a byatch of a time trying to get that done. My set of electric panel knockouts are either too big or too small for the diamter of the 1" NPT short coupling, which is something like 1 11/16" OD.

Back