The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PFOs are actually pretty common. Something like 20% of the population has one of some size or another. The problem comes with increased pressure because of the depth causing unusual intracardiac pressure gradients. Watching them do a bubble study on me was interesting. Not a big fan of being the one in the Johnny.

Per my computer the max depth I hit was 99' FSW. Been way deeper than that before. Many, many times.

My surface intervals were plenty long and all dives were within protocols. I did owe ten minutes of deco at the end of the last dive but just drifted along under the boat and satisfied the obligation.

I mentioned this incident to my wife & she reminded me that our kid's orthodontist died of heart failure on a dive vacation. Then she said, "your done diving arn't you?" haha, we do stuff at work that is more dangerous than that, but kicking it on vacation...? since i never do those, maybe I'll live to 60 too.

Do you want to dive again?

Of course I want to dive again. Diving is one of the greatest joys in my life.

Just because you have one tiny little problem, like getting pulled over a few blocks away from the slap and tickle palace, doesn’t mean you can never go back there again. I mean, like, what is the likelihood that lightning strikes twice? Stuff like that happens to other people, not me. I’m invincible.

Wait... What?

I’m not one of you guys, but thought this was funny and appropriate.

IMG_2215.jpg

Sad day. I took a final trip to NFG Homebrew in Leominster today. Fran & Peg have been my mom and pop store since my beginning of home brewing. 19 years. They're closing on the 5th. If you're in the area they're having a going out of business sale. They are the best people and hope them even better things in their new plans.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back