The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything that gets washed out of my yard, you probably don't want it.

Approximately how high are you above sea level are you at?

Your all set then, unless that hunk of La Palma island falls in. This place would be screwed with even a Cat 2. Bob was a week 1, and messed things up here for weeks. OK at 90+ feet myself, but the infrastructure here would take a hit, that little squall last winter had some main roads under water.

Florence, storm got a name last night.

IMG_1968.JPG

I’d call that dead nuts on my 152 mash in temp.

Wow Paul. You’re like a magical wizard. How the hell did you hit a mash temp?

You should tell everyone on this site, Dude!! Everyone has been trying to do that to no avail!!!

I gutz mad skilz.

You would think you’d have that trick down by now, you being a pro and all.

Come on over next time I brew and I’ll show you how to do it. It will be just like the good old days.

Last edited:
IMG_1322.JPG
Introducing batch 4 of 4; Dland 2018 Summer Ale. Last weeks batch down the drive(hope it does not kill the Magnolia tree). Pallet ruining before and after taste of vomit. Did not receive immersion cooler yet and tubing yet, so I baked the cooler and fittings & boiled the hoses.

At this point, I figure decent chance this batch, hit my mash target spot on today.
IMG_1324.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1321.JPG
    IMG_1321.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 41
If I spent 20 large, or even two, visiting this overrun tish hole in the summer, I'd be a little cranky too.

On the beer note, (even though almost 'off topic' on this tread) when I speced not hop forward, should have said hop/malt balanced, plenty o flavor and maybe a little taste of alcohol.

Actually want recommendations, as have to buy beer since I ruined last 4 batches. Ale good too, but tired of the 'how much hops can we jam in' types. Freggin store stuff, makes me sad when I have a small ration of my remaining spring lager. Couple of contenders for OK are 6 point 'crisp pilz' and banded's wicked bueno. Suspect both could used a little more pre can conditioning, and, on the med and low side of ABV.

Get on Untapped and enter some commercial brews you like. They do "if you like this you might like this"

Have you tried Maine Beer Company? They have a couple not overly hopped ales.

Latest posts

Back