The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really looking forward to your presentation on Belgian Strong ales on Tuesday, Brian. Ought to be pretty good, seeing as how it's one of your favorite styles and you've had such a long time to prepare your presentation. I'm actually thinking about videotaping it for The Best of the SSBC Series. Try to keep it around 23 minutes, that way it will fit into a half hour TV slot without too much of your outstanding and valuable material hitting the cutting room floor.

Wait.... What?

Well then, since I am presenting on Tuesday, should be fun. Mind you, this will be my first time speaking in front of alot of people. I will try to keep it relatively short, and to the point.

This isn't really "speaking in front of a lot of people"... it's beer club guys. So, I wouldn't exactly be nervous about it.

You wanna read through the BJCP guidelines giving highlights of different things that are specific to the style.

You also want to see if you can get some sort of history of the style if at all possible.... maybe a little bit of history of the main breweries that brew the style.

If you can find any tips around brewing the style, that's always a big help.

And then it is just samples... it's easy.

Another added note, you know all of us. No need to be nervous just tell everyone to shut the f up. You'll do just fine. Try the style tonight and that way you'll feel more confident about speaking about it. It'll also provide you with more information when/if you brew this style later down the road.

This isn't really "speaking in front of a lot of people"... it's beer club guys. So, I wouldn't exactly be nervous about it.

You wanna read through the BJCP guidelines giving highlights of different things that are specific to the style.

You also want to see if you can get some sort of history of the style if at all possible.... maybe a little bit of history of the main breweries that brew the style.

If you can find any tips around brewing the style, that's always a big help.

And then it is just samples... it's easy.

Printed info on the 18D and 18E style fronm the BJCP so I am all good

Another added note, you know all of us. No need to be nervous just tell everyone to shut the f up. You'll do just fine. Try the style tonight and that way you'll feel more confident about speaking about it. It'll also provide you with more information when/if you brew this style later down the road.

and I have already tried it, and I have an entry for the club comp for tonight

ComcastWineRookie said:
Printed info on the 18D and 18E style fronm the BJCP so I am all good

and I have already tried it, and I have an entry for the club comp for tonight

Guess you'll see how it stands up against the style. Good luck.

A really good idea to help ease your anxiety about speaking in front of people is to quickly down a pint of Jack Daniels beforehand. Pull into Franks driveway, unscrew the top and down the hatch. You might want to wash it down with a few pints just to be sure. Works every time. Its an old trick but a good one.

The whole "picture everyone in the audience in their underwear" trick is stupid. I'll be there. Robbnoxious will be there. Frank will be there. Do you want to speak in front of the club that badly that you would do that to yourself? Go with the Jack. Trust me.

Be part of the solution or be part of the problem.

Damn, mow I feel like breaking out my old bell bottoms and tie dyed shirts and trying to get the president impeached.

Not such a great idea, I'd probably need two cans of Crisco to get the bell bottoms over my arse.

Brady is The Ice Man.

But dayamm the offense played 58 minutes like they were wearing the COLTS uniforms.

I'm actually looking forward to the Bye Week, just to get some mental rest...

Cheers!

Keep it up... You'lll get Bertha back, take a sniff and say, "What the fffff.... why the hell does this thing smell like somone took a dump in... AAAAARRRRGGG!!! I'M GONNA KILL HIM!!! He's cleaning this!!!"

Having absolute what-should-I-brew-next brain lock...

Got a pale on tap I'm not happy with. I left it on the yeast too long and I get a hair of bandaid. I don't think it's bad but it pisses me off every time I drink it because it was sheer laziness.

got the Imperial White Peach Wit on... go ahead Paul... make your funny little jokes but that is a nice beer. 7.5% wit with just a little peach in the background. It's a great summer beer. We entertain a lot and that's been a big seller lately.

I've got a Belgian IPA in primary... that's going in 2ndary tonight.

I brewed a basic Irish Red on Saturday.

I've got... maybe a 12-pack of my "IIIPA" left (actually bottled it since it will probably win a bunch of competitions).

I dunno... I may go Dunkel.

Why? So you can bring some to "Teabag Tuesday" at your "club" when it's ready?

"now, now boys!! You know Uncle Pauly has to have his sexy juice before we begin!"

i just brewed a dunkel.

split 10g, 5g on 833 and 5g on 2206.

doing a doppelbock with the winning yeast, which i imagine to be 833

Latest posts

Back