The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had gotten one at my first house but never got it plumbed in unfortunately.

I say that project gets green lighted.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

Looking at the waterless ones for my sports cave. Most of the regular ones require a 1 in. Water pipe. That is not going to happen. I figure the amount it gets used, I replace the filter once a year. Small price to pay for the convenience. I hate to aim when I am drinking.

Sent from the kingdom of beer.

Hey all,
just got back from NHC. Wasn't as good as Philly overall, but still a very good time - local breweries and bars in Grand Rapids were far better than expected, as well. PTN, sorry I didn't see your post earlier about your daughter. If she needs to take another, the most important this is to do a short term water purge. Drink tons of water (i.e. at least a gallon a day) and pee as much as possible, even if it means getting up 2-3 times during the night. Also, the worse pee to "donate" would be the first in the morning, with all the nighttime "chemicals" having a chance to come out of solution. Best if she goes a few times right before the test, and then keeps drinking water, so she'll have to go when needed.

And Mel & Big John, - that's a great looking wine covered trellis - can imagine very comfortable summer afternoons under there in the shade, with cocktails, or homebrew...

Come on down!

Word on the street is "someone" won a medal.

Yes. Yes he did.

10456380_10154243481945302_159044905_n.jpg

So AZ, are they giving out participation medals at the NHC, too?

How are the urinals coming at The Bog Inn?

No urinals.... There is one unisex bathroom. That's all we need given the capacity of the taproom. Oh, and it's Bog "Iron"... You keep making that typo for some reason.

But since you asked.... It's coming along great! Thanks! We're really excited because this Saturday is "Founder's Day" in Norton which is the annual big town cookout and fireworks thing. It all taking place almost across the street from the brewery so we're going to open up the taproom for a sneak peek and little tour for folks while they're in picking up growlers. The stools got delivered yesterday, the copper bartop is down and all of the arm rails are on. We are still holding out hope that we'll be open before 4th of July weekend.

Oh and check this out.... We need a couple high top pub tables so I'm making them from barrels. This one just needs the center pipe and top dropped on it (we also have some light fixtures made out of black pipe and the footrails will be black pipe).

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403007843.447608.jpg

I think it'll be nice

Az won the Ninkasi Award for top home-brewer in the country at the NHC this year.

Whatever.

He still sucks

Wow.

AZ sucks when he wins brewer of the year.

Yeager and i sucked when ourUtopia clone won third place best in show at HBT's competition.

Is anyone else seeing a pattern of resentment and petty jealousy?

Btw, good for you, AZ.

But Cape is partially right. You do suck.

Holy Sheet. That's pretty f'in impressive. Guess he won't be on this thread any more. Congrats AZ. and I haven't even met you yet.

How many different beers/entries did you have?

You got me man.... you're third place finish in a HBT contest four years ago is ripping me up inside.

It's a wonder how I slept at all last night

Holy Sheet. That's pretty f'in impressive. Guess he won't be on this thread any more. Congrats AZ. and I haven't even met you yet.

How many different beers/entries did you have?

Thanks man. And why would I leave this thread and miss out on the opportunity to annoy Cape for the next 362 days?

I won first round medals with an IPA, a habanero IPA (ya know, a twist on a known style), and an oaked cherry mead. Won final round medals for the later two...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403184340.954650.jpg

Getting there....

Lights are tough to see in this pic since they wash completely out but they are the old "Edison bulbs" with cages around 'em

Maybe two more weeks and pints will flow.

Hey Cape, you gonna have a Grand Opening of The Bog Sluice? I want to schmeer Vaseline all over myself so I can stuff myself into an old pair of bike shorts then show up to hang out with the girls in the yoga pants.

'Hanging Out' is such a descriptive term.

i think i have a pair of bike shorts from when I was 150 pounds, maybe 20 years old that i might get on with some help, cant wait.

Back