The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need two used white wine barrels. Anyone have any suggestions?

As brutally painful as it is to admit, Mr. TheNurse was nice enough to provide an excellent lead on this situation. I am just trying to avoid the long drive that would entail.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

I'm guessing PTN suggested Upper NY. Ping Westport Winery. They're fairly large and down by your way.

He did... And even called the guy and he was willing to help.... which was awesome... I just don't want to drive to upper NY of I can help it.

Aaaah. Good one Rookie. Forgot they did whites. I live just a town over if you want me to check it out. Plus it's getting to that time of the season when I travel south your way to hit unfrozen golf courses. I could bring a couple down.

Aaaah. Good one Rookie. Forgot they did whites. I live just a town over if you want me to check it out. Plus it's getting to that time of the season when I travel south your way to hit unfrozen golf courses. I could bring a couple down.

"Unsuitable for further use"..., just emailed them and got that response.

You're way too much of a dink for me to offer any assistance. Not going out until April anyway, and no room in the new car. But mostly, you're too much of a dink.

You can't get someone to put UPS labels on two wine barrels for you? It's going to cost you two hundred bucks in gas just to drive out there. Might as well buy a couple new ones, slosh around a couple bottles of Two Buck Chuck in them and let 'em soak for a couple weeks, and call it good.

White barrels are going to be tough to get. Whites aged in barrels are generally Chardonnay's. they get their fermentation and aging done in the barrel, maybe a vintage or two to tske the sharp wood bite out of the new barrels, then they get transferred to the red side of the room where they are still good to go for many years. Barrels used only for whites have a lot of life left in them, they'll be dear.

Look into Gibbs Brothers Barrels in Arkansas . American oak, charred how you want it. Prices are good, shippings not bad and it's brand new.

White barrels are going to be tough to get. Whites aged in barrels are generally Chardonnay's. they get their fermentation and aging done in the barrel, maybe a vintage or two to tske the sharp wood bite out of the new barrels, then they get transferred to the red side of the room where they are still good to go for many years. Barrels used only for whites have a lot of life left in them, they'll be dear.

Look into Gibbs Brothers Barrels in Arkansas . American oak, charred how you want it. Prices are good, shippings not bad and it's brand new.

We want to finally get a Babalu started and in order to do so, we need the white wine barrels lined up. Straight oak wouldn't work for that beer and the tannins it picks up from the wine soaked barrels makes a big difference.

I didn't actually choke the bowl in Yeagers master bedroom a month after he moved into the joint. I just told him I did. He screamed like he just caught his willy in his zipper and ran up the stairs like his ass was on fire. PTO looked at me with a "Did you really flood the bathroom?" look on his face but before I could answer 'no' we heard Yeager wail "You f'ing arsehole!" from upstairs. PTO near wet himself he was laughing so hard.

Hey I've been remiss in not saying how much I admire the_bird for manning up and being so stand up during our recent trip offshore. We were still within sight of the jetty when bird lost his breakfast but he never once moaned or complained all day. I've been fortunate to have only been seasick twice in my life, once the first day on a ship out of Coast Guard boot camp and the second time well offshore in a hurricane. Being seasick sucks. In fact, it would need to improve by a factor of 1000 to reach mere suckdom level. But bird was a trooper. He always attempted to man the rail and fish, and if he couldn't pull it off at least he tried.

Bird, I salute you. You got big balls lad.

I didn't do any raw oysters; I had 'em grilled.

I'm kicking myself a little bit for not trying their "clear" chowder; just curious about it. We're going back this summer, though, the_Wife and I are renting a house in Narragansett for a week with some friends. the_Bean is all into marine biology nowadays, and this restaurant grows their own oysters and apparently does tours of the oyster beds, which we're really looking forward to doing.

Anyone going to the Witches Brew tonight? Bought Spawn#2's BF a kit for Xmas and he brewed it a few weeks ago. Time to carb tonight. Fortunately Al believes you have to go to TWB to force carb a keg. I may not have been totally forthcoming on all of the details. So I'm going there tonight with the latest BF and his brew. Sure hope Steve has the DD on tap.

Back