The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who knew there was that much interest in hearing you lecture on "My Life as Massachusetts First Openly Gay Brewer."

Still probably going to be some time before Putin invites you to lecture in St Petersburg.

Nah, Gary Glass told me that it was because with the rise of homebrewing there has also been a rise in meat smoking/curing/cooking, so he asked cape to give a talk on deep fried pig - ya know, his own spin on pit BBQing.

Seriously though, Cape, you'd be a good presenter - especially compared to many of those introverted engineer geeks.

Who knew there was that much interest in hearing you lecture on "My Life as Massachusetts First Openly Gay Brewer."

Still probably going to be some time before Putin invites you to lecture in St Petersburg.

I cannot believe he is the first. Afterall, this is Massachusetts and even if you are gay you can get married and ruin your sex life just like the rest of us...

I think Putin has the whole walk around looking sexy without a shirt thing down so why would he need a lecture?

Nah, Gary Glass told me that it was because with the rise of homebrewing there has also been a rise in meat smoking/curing/cooking, so he asked cape to give a talk on deep fried pig - ya know, his own spin on pit BBQing.

Seriously though, Cape, you'd be a good presenter - especially compared to many of those introverted engineer geeks.

Wait a minute. What is wrong with introverted engineer geeks?!?! Some of my best friends are dorks, and I like being with socially inept engineers because they make me look sophisticated by comparison. THEY think my birkenstocks are cool while no one else does. I love my geek friends.

Cool people are NOT welcome at the NHC. They would stick out and be a blight on our reputation as geeky homebrewers. I am a dork. I'm not smart enough to be a geek, but I'm hoping to reach that level through intense study.

So lets say for a moment that you are going to go spend a day doing something with a friend. Lets say, just for instance, that you're going to go deep sea fishing. And as anyone who's ever gone out on a party boat knows, staying warm and dry requires deft footwork and the proper wardrobe. And lets say for a moment that your friend asks you if you have rain pants and rubber boots, two of the most important of the above listed items described as 'proper wardrobe.'

And you don't. You were planing on going three hours out to sea in February wearing Bermuda shorts and f'ing Birkenstocks. But your friend has extras and offers them to you.

Do you...

A. Thank your friend profusely and think, "What a good guy he is, I'm sure glad he's my pal."

or do you

B. Say to your friend, "Are you sh!tting me? Me wear a pair of your pants? They won't reach my knees, (and this is a direct quote here) 'you stumpy legged bastard'."

Ya, that's what I thought. F all of you arseholes too.

Well..............

We're on our way in. Colder than my ex-wife's heart, blowing a solid 15+ knots all day long and 12-15 foot seas on our quarter on the way out and now were headed straight into them. And for all that we caught two dogfish.

That was more fun than a Do It Yourself Circumcision.

But not by a lot.

I give you guys credit. I guess you couldn't have had better weather. Highest temps in a long time. Sunny between storms. Maybe full moon problems. I don't go out in the open seas until May and that's pushing it. I wanna have a chance in case someone throws me over.

Did you keep the sharks? Everyone tosses them around here, but they are delicious!

Latest posts

Back