The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going for the sweep tomorrow - after paying homage to Rivera (who deserves the honor, as much as he's been a pita for our side over the years) - even though of all the teams we might face first in the playoffs, the Yankees might be the easiest to walk over...

Cheers!

The thing about Mo is... I've got a ton of respect for everything he's done for years and years, but I haven't ever been especially afraid when he's come into the game for the Yanks. He's blown a ton of saves against Boston, more than against anyone else. You'd kind of expect that because of how often they face him, but still... you remember 2004. In total, he's converted 89% of save opportunities in his career (651 saves, 80 blown saves). Against Boston, it's 78% (58 saves, but 16 blown saves).

His career ERA is 2.12; against Boston, 2.86.

Career BAA; .212. Against Boston, .243.

WHIP for his career is 1.00, but against Boston it's 1.25.

It's still good numbers that he's had against Boston, but they're good numbers - not phenomenal.

He's no Koji Uehara against us, you know?

The thing about Mo is... I've got a ton of respect for everything he's done for years and years, but I haven't ever been especially afraid when he's come into the game for the Yanks. He's blown a ton of saves against Boston, more than against anyone else. You'd kind of expect that because of how often they face him, but still... you remember 2004. In total, he's converted 89% of save opportunities in his career (651 saves, 80 blown saves). Against Boston, it's 78% (58 saves, but 16 blown saves).

His career ERA is 2.12; against Boston, 2.86.

Career BAA; .212. Against Boston, .243.

WHIP for his career is 1.00, but against Boston it's 1.25.

It's still good numbers that he's had against Boston, but they're good numbers - not phenomenal.

He's no Koji Uehara against us, you know?

All that may be true but I'm still glad to see him go. Saying "We have a marginably better chance to come back against the best closer in years than most other teams do." is whistling past the graveyard.

Hes been a fantastic talent and a gentleman for years. He'll be missed.

So on the same night that Beantown showers Rivera with much love, the fans bust out with a lusty round of "Yankees SUCK!!!" in the bottom of the fifth when Ortiz gets walked to load the bases.

Love it :)

Then the soon-to-be-ex-starting-pitcher hits Karp in the leg to walk in a run.

Love that, too! :D

Cheers!

Salty said:
I mean, Jackie Robinson, Ellsbury, I'm in a pretty elite category.

Salty-home-steal.gif

It's ok to admit you're a bit intimidated by his size.

Nah.... John could easily be a very intimidating guy but anyone who knows him???? Nope. He's way too much of just a genuinely nice guy to be intimidating.

Uggg. Makes me sick.

Frank and Matt said it too the other day when he stopped in at the brewery "Big John was here... whatta nice guy"

Blecchh.

Although... I guess we should all be thankful. That would put a dent in this thread in a hurry. John would go with, "all you people suck!" And we would all just have to go with, "yes sir, yes we do"

paulthenurse said:
Big John acting like the rest of us would shut this thing down so fast Mrs Yeager would be impressed.

Hey now... She's a very nice woman... Even if she is not impressed with our shenanigans!

Thunder_Chicken said:
11:45 PM and already the crickets are chirping in Massholia <*sigh*>. Do you all have a curfew?

Hi Brian,
I meant to swing by tonight and drop off those tickets to the Boston Ballet but ran short of time before school. I'll try to get out there on Wednesday so you have them for the weekend. Happy Birthday!

Btw, I get a huge kick out of your Flatulant Fowl ID. That retard is a f'ing riot. You do farktard better than anyone on the Internet. (After me.)

Back