The "Dear" , "Sincerely" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Hitachi Wand,

You just ROCKED my wife's world..................again.

Sincerely,
That was fun for both of us! :ban:

Dear fun for both of us,

This Hitachi wand you speak of sounds like a cheap knock off of the original Hamaki Rocket. Though I spent much of my formative years toying with the idea, when ready to go into production the Rocket was never widely accepted. Initial feedback indicated premature product launch. Still, I suspect possible patent infringement. If the Olecranon process is employed to jump start the Hitachi wand I think I have a valid complaint! If there are many other similarities I'm sure I'm not the only one with a valid complaint!

Sincerely,

Frustrated Rocketeer

Dear fun for both of us,

This Hitachi wand you speak of sounds like a cheap knock off of the original Hamaki Rocket. Though I spent much of my formative years toying with the idea, when ready to go into production the Rocket was never widely accepted. Initial feedback indicated premature product launch. Still, I suspect possible patent infringement. If the Olecranon process is employed to jump start the Hitachi wand I think I have a valid complaint! If there are many other similarities I'm sure I'm not the only one with a valid complaint!

Sincerely,

Frustrated Rocketeer
Dear Frustrated Rocketeer,
I'm not sure what a Hitachi Wand or a Hamaki Rocket are, or even WTF the Olecranon process is, but I suspect since tongues are free and effective, not to mention fun and safe from patent infringement and do not require a purchase from AdamEve.com, my lady doesn't care about my ignorance.
Sincerely,
No one is frustrated under THIS roof

Dear Wife,

Take your YouTube clam snuff film downstairs. That's the nastiest thing I've heard since the Iron Chef where they filetted and roasted live eels.

Sincerely,
Husband

Dear everyone.

Please stop adding lactose to your beer.

Sincerely,

Gassy Ass

Dear Boss,

Please make with that raise/promotion I was promised two months ago.

Sincerely,
Guy with other tempting job offers

Dear cancer tumors,

GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY BRAIN ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

Regards,
Your unwilling host

Dear Black Island Brewer,

Please tell me what DIPA you are "reefering" to.

Sincerely,
Guy that doesn't like weed, but likes colors!

P.s.: See what I did there?

Dear Guy That Doesn't Like Weed,
Want the recipe? It takes more than a pound of hops for a 5 gallon batch...
Sincerely,
Drink it an hour before bed

Please tell me what DIPA you are "reefering" to.

Sincerely,
Guy that doesn't like weed, but likes colors!

P.s.: See what I did there?
Dear Weedless,It's not the weed or the IPA that makes the colors but then again you don't sleep;)
Sincerely,
Things that I've done in my past
Dear Guy That Doesn't Like Weed,
Want the recipe? It takes more than a pound of hops for a 5 gallon batch...
Sincerely,
Drink it an hour before bed
Psychedelic IPA maker,
Interested.
Sincerely,
Things that I've done in my past:p

Psychedelic IPA maker,
Interested.
Sincerely,
Things that I've done in my past:p
Dear Things I've done in my past,

Hopefully this makes sense:
Colorful Dreams DIPA
Type: All Grain
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Time: 90 min
15.00 gal Tacoma Water 1 -
(nearly RO water)
3.00 tsp Calcium Chloride
3.00 tsp Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate)
16 oz Rice Hulls
13 lbs 8.4 oz Brewer's Malt, 2-Row, Premium (Great Western) (1.8 SRM) 83.0 %
7.8 oz Wheat Malt (Gambrinus) (2.3 SRM) 3.0 %
7.7 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) 3.0 %
5.2 oz Acidulated (Weyermann) (1.8 SRM) 2.0 %
1.6 oz Chocolate (Briess) (350.0 SRM) 0.6 %
1.00 oz Columbus 2013 [16.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min 56.5 IBUs
1.00 oz Amarillo 2013 [8.70 %] - Boil 15.0 min 8.2 IBUs
1.00 oz Cascade 2013 [8.80 %] - Boil 15.0 min 8.3 IBUs
1.00 oz Citra 2013 [14.10 %] - Boil 15.0 min 13.3 IBUs
1.00 oz Amarillo 2013 [8.70 %] - Boil 10.0 min 6.1 IBUs
1.00 oz Cascade 2013 [8.80 %] - Boil 10.0 min 6.2 IBUs
1.00 oz Citra 2013 [14.10 %] - Boil 10.0 min 10.0 IBUs
0.50 tsp Yeast Nutrient (Boil 10.0 mins)
0.50 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 5.0 mins)
1.00 oz Amarillo 2013 [8.70 %] - Boil 5.0 min
1.00 oz Cascade 2013 [8.80 %] - Boil 5.0 min
1.00 oz Citra 2013 [14.10 %] - Boil 5.0 min
1.00 oz Amarillo 2013 [8.70 %] - Steep/Whirlpool 20.0 min 7.0 IBUs
1.00 oz Cascade 2013 [8.80 %] - Steep/Whirlpool 20.0 min 7.1 IBUs
1.00 oz Citra 2013 [14.10 %] - Steep/Whirlpool 20.0 min 11.3 IBUs
1.0 pkg San Diego Super (White Labs #WLP090)
(stepped up to 324B cells)
1 lbs 6.0 oz Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0.0 SRM) 8.4 %
(added after krausen dropped)
2.00 oz Amarillo 2013 [8.70 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days 0.0 IBUs
2.00 oz Cascade 2013 [8.80 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days 0.0 IBUs
1.70 oz Citra 2013 [14.10 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days 0.0 IBUs
Gravity, Alcohol Content and Color
Est Original Gravity: 1.086 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.009 SG
Bitterness: 152.6 IBUs
Est Color: 8.1 SRM

Measured Original Gravity: 1.086 SG
Measured Final Gravity: 1.013 SG
Actual Alcohol by Vol: 9.7 %
Mash In 150.0 F 60 min
Mash Out 168.0 F over 10 min 168.0 F 10 min
Volumes of CO2: 2.3

Sincerely,
Is one DIPA ever enough?

Dear Is one DIPA ever enough?,

I love you man.

Sincerely,
One DIPA is never enough.

P.S. I'm loading it in BeerSmith now.
1.70 oz of Citra in the Dry Hop? The other .30 oz would have pushed it to far eh?

Dear Is one DIPA ever enough?,

I love you man.

Sincerely,
One DIPA is never enough.

P.S. I'm loading it in BeerSmith now.
1.70 oz of Citra in the Dry Hop? The other .30 oz would have pushed it to far eh?

Dear One DIPA is never enough,
I ran out of 2013 Citra and didn't want to bust into my pound of 2014 just yet.
Sincerely,
DIPAs are also good for making room for the new crop

Thanks for the recipe... adding it to my list now.

Sincerely,
She who was in search of something new...

Dear Universe,

Help me understand my daughter's eccentric biological grandmother. I know some of it is cultural differences between Eupopean Anericans and Puerto Ricans vs. the Japanese. But it can't only be that.

Sincerely,
I still have the x-eyed peace Jesus hat she gave her when she was 2 years old.

PS: I'm fine with the presents saying that they came from you. I'm not fine with the presents saying that they came from Jesus. The Queen of Skeptics wouldn't believe it anyway.

Dear Universe,

Help me understand my daughter's eccentric biological grandmother. I know some of it is cultural differences between Eupopean Anericans and Puerto Ricans vs. the Japanese. But it can't only be that.

Sincerely,
I still have the x-eyed peace Jesus hat she gave her when she was 2 years old.

PS: I'm fine with the presents saying that they came from you. I'm not fine with the presents saying that they came from Jesus. The Queen of Skeptics wouldn't believe it anyway.

Dear Jesus Hat Guy,

I think we need a pic of the hat.

Sincerely,
HBT

Dear Santa,

I'd ask that you would put a home brew in each one of our stockings at Christmas, but I think the thumb tacks would come out of the wall and they would probably break or something, so it would be a waste.

And you'd probably give me some dumb gingerbread-peppermint stout or something.

Still, it would be way better than that Wasatch Black O'Lantern I had at Halloween. It tasted like a candle.

Sincerely,

Thirsty

Dear Jesus Hat Guy,

I think we need a pic of the hat.

Sincerely,
HBT

Dear HBT,

You asked for x-eyed Jesus.

Sincerely,
Can't decide which is worse: x-eyes Jesus or the six-fingered Sacred Heart of Jesus tattoo I once saw.

image.jpg

Dear HBT,

Sincerely,
Can't decide which is worse: x-eyes Jesus or the six-fingered Sacred Heart of Jesus tattoo I once saw.

Dear Guy,

I would rock that hat so fookin hard.

Sincerely.

Dear Hat guy,

I am as confused as you are...

Sincerely,
Cool hat

Dear X-eyed peace Jesus,

You bring a tear to my eye and laughter to my lips. Thank you for appearing on the hat which is more permanent than a tortilla, a slice of toast or a used sanitary napkin. I hope you will someday become a relic, preserved in a church for the enjoyment of future generations.

Sincerely,

Just another X-eyed peace Jesus freak

Dear thirsty,
That candle taste was the genuine lantern addition.
Sincerely,
Thanks for the warning.

Dear X-Eyed Jesus Hat,

On second thought, you're really pissing me off. If your maker couldn't even bother to center your name over your picture correctly, one can't help but wonder what other atrocities lie in wait for the unsuspecting wearer.

Sincerely,

It looks like an afterthought, like... the sweat-shop manager was walking around the room and was all "Hey! No one is going to know that this is X-eyed Jesus. Start stitching Jesus, just, anywhere in the general vicinity of the picture and that should clear things up."

Dear HBT,

Now that you cannot unsee x-eyed Jesus, imagine it given to your two year old daughter.

There were two other memorable gifts she received from her biological grandmother. One was an ~$80 Liz Lisa purse. My daughter was 5. She put her pretend medical kit in it.

The other was dish towels. My daughter was 8. I have them hanging on the oven door.

Sincerely,
I truly appreciate the effort but am constantly baffled.

PS: Family is family and eccentric bio-grandma as much part of my daughter's family as my redneck psycho meth addicted cousins are part of my family.

But that doesn't mean it didn't take me two days to build up the courage to tell bio-grandma it is okay to visit for christmas.

Dear HBT,

Sincerely,

Dear dead Jesus hat,

You are hilarious and I would wear you in as many public places as possible.

Sincerely this non religious guy that has better things to do than go to church.

Sincerely Non-religious guy,

I'm in the same boat. My wife and kids go to church and I stay home to brew, and watch NFL. Works great for everyone involved. That hat rocks. My wife would probably not like it though.

Sincerely,
I want that hat

Dear Friday,

Please end. I've been patient with you as I always am. I worked hard this week and even got to see the successful launch of a craft with a part I drew on it. Let me go home now. I don't want to look at lines any more and the sound of my own clicking is torture.

Sincerely,
Abused Blue Collar

Dear Friday,

Please end. I've been patient with you as I always am. I worked hard this week and even got to see the successful launch of a craft with a part I drew on it. Let me go home now. I don't want to look at lines any more and the sound of my own clicking is torture.

Sincerely,
Abused Blue Collar

Dear HBT,

I don't know if it is the spirit of the holidays, the sheer joy of our part on the space craft performing well... or the magic of X-eyed Jeesus...

But we were just thanked, and told to go home two hours early. Enjoy your weekend loves :tank:

Sincerely,
Relieved

Dear HBT,

Sincerely,

Dear dead Jesus hat,

Sincerely this non religious guy that has better things to do than go to church.

Dear dead Jesus hat,

Dear dead Jesus hat,

Dear 10 hour echo,
Ha,
Sincerely I want that hat.

Back