The "Dear" , "Sincerely" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear all concerned,
I recently had a shirt made for me and the spouse with a photo of our pet. Cool and unique, got one for a friend with her 2 pups on it.
48FD705F-C291-4899-A966-9CF0829D2384.png

Anyway, here’s the link (I am not an affiliate so I couldn’t care less if you order or not) https://geckocustom.com/collections/personalized-beach-gift
Sincerely, Old lady that wears Hawaiian shirts

Last edited:
Dear Curious,
The hat is intended to be all things Oktoberfest, it has horns a beer stein, that is on the back, the flower is the Edelweiss and maybe you recognize the blue and white pattern associated with the flag of Bavaria.
Sincerely, Hoppy
Yeah I know, it’s not a fabo image.

Dear everyone,

Jayjay wants fancy Hawaiian shirts made by small shops. If you have his address, please send him one.

Sincerely,
Some dude on the internet who occasionally interacts with Jayjay
From one internet 'rando to another, the only thing that separates us from apes, well, besides opposable thumbs, is a good Hawaiian shirt.

Dear Pipeline,
I may have overpromised for a tennis tourney, Thangskiving and Xmas, but Lawdy I'm tryin'
1666734628320.png

Sincerely
Must Brew More

PS, Yes, that is a patented Balrog Rhino Fart Capturing Bag 'O Activated Charcoal on the Apfelwein airlock. Your basement will thank you for doing that. Your significant other will point out quickly when you don't do that.

Do you sell shirts? I'm addicted to casual button-downs and I've always wanted one that wasn't mass-produced. I like fun patterns too.
Just getting back into it after a long while; button-downs are a bit out of my league at the moment. Setting those collars is a BIG pain in the backside from what I remember, also tailoring. If I do go down that road I will make sure to let you know!

Just getting back into it after a long while; button-downs are a bit out of my league at the moment. Setting those collars is a ***** from what I remember, also tailoring. If I do go down that road I will make sure to let you know!
Yeah collars look like they'd be complicated. Honestly the arm tubes part where they meet up with the middle bit looks really hard to do as well.

Dear Husband whom I love dearly,

Next time you want to buy fabric for me to sew, make sure I go with you to ensure I approve of it.

Sincerely, really tired of tiny blue fuzz all over me, my sewing table, my overlock machine, my carpet, up my nose, and in my hair.

Next time you want to buy fabric for me to sew, make sure I go with you to ensure I approve of it.

Sincerely, really tired of tiny blue fuzz all over me, my sewing table, my overlock machine, my carpet, up my nose, and in my hair.

Dear frazzled seamstress,

I doubt that was an accident. Your spouse is an evil genius.

Sincerely,
Occasional near evil near genius

Dear diapers,
We have had good 8 year run, but it is time we part way.
After spending 6 years with you, we are no longer going to allow you to see our son. You were great match for many years, but now I fear you are just holding him back.
It is not me, it is you.
You are foul.
You smell.
And you are full of $#&! every day.
I have not taken count, but I expect you to be gone by Christmas.
Sincerely,
Giving myself a raise.

Dear diapers,
We have had good 8 year run, but it is time we part way.
After spending 6 years with you, we are no longer going to allow you to see our son. You were great match for many years, but now I fear you are just holding him back.
It is not me, it is you.
You are foul.
You smell.
And you are full of $#&! every day.
I have not taken count, but I expect you to be gone by Christmas.
Sincerely,
Giving myself a raise.

Dear Raised,

I just got one kid out of diapers for almost two years, and now we have another one in them.

Good for you buddy. Live your life. May you enjoy what I glimpsed for a wonderful couple years.

Sincerely,

Just getting back into it after a long while; button-downs are a bit out of my league at the moment. Setting those collars is a ***** from what I remember, also tailoring. If I do go down that road I will make sure to let you know!

Dear Seatazzz,

can you make me a pillow case with a pic of a glass of beer? both sides preferably, don't want to flip it and not still feel eased to sleep!

Sincerely,

$25+shipping? :mug:

edit: if you just use plain white fabric for the case, then do your best to sew silk thread for the beer glass it'd be even better!

Dear Seatazzz,

can you make me a pillow case with a pic of a glass of beer? both sides preferably, don't want to flip it and not still feel eased to sleep!

Sincerely,

edit: if you just use plain white fabric for the case, then do your best to sew silk thread for the beer glass it'd be even better!
Dear $25,
If Seatazzz declines your offer … you have options…
CE7BC3A9-245C-4074-B070-2D90A60181F5.png

Sincerely, I still don’t look like Jar Jar

Dear Hoppy,

between me wanting a pillow case like that, and jayjay wanting a casual dress shirt...seatazzz might be a sponsor soon enough!

sincerley,
someone that now wants the matching bed sheets!

Dear @seatazzz
Quit trying to sew smurfs into shirts.

A what now?
Dear @Jayjay1976
It really only has the one meaning; it came into existence when some lazy so and so tired of using this:
1666801095642.png

Sincerely,
Lazy So and So

Dear fellow Halloween unenthusiastic -ists,

Just because you don't like it, don't ruin it for everyone. If you have kids, get them a fun costume, take pictures you can show to their future prom date, go visit family who will appreciate them, steal some of your kid's candy (don't tell Kimmel).

If you don't have kids or just get left home, go buy some of the most disgusting candy you can to give out. Candy corn with the pumpkins, black licorice jelly beans, circus peanuts, rice crispy treats, sugar free gum. Make your house so unappealing that they won't be back next year. But do it all with a smile.

We need to be sneaky so people don't complain that we're ruining the holiday.

Sincerely,
See you all at Thanksgiving

Dear Seatazzz,

Sincerely,

Dear Bracconiere,

Something like this?

1666896525962.png

Sincerely,

The things you can find in a quick Googly search

Dear Fellow HBTers making special garment requests,

Y'all are WAY overestimating my skilz.

Sincerely, currently specializing (without intent) in garments that will never leave my house. Almost made a pair of lounging pants this morning with backwards-facing front pockets, for those special moments when I need to scratch my butt discreetly.

Dear fellow Halloween unenthusiastic -ists,

Just because you don't like it, don't ruin it for everyone. If you have kids, get them a fun costume, take pictures you can show to their future prom date, go visit family who will appreciate them, steal some of your kid's candy (don't tell Kimmel).

If you don't have kids or just get left home, go buy some of the most disgusting candy you can to give out. Candy corn with the pumpkins, black licorice jelly beans, circus peanuts, rice crispy treats, sugar free gum. Make your house so unappealing that they won't be back next year. But do it all with a smile.

We need to be sneaky so people don't complain that we're ruining the holiday.

Sincerely,
See you all at Thanksgiving
What exactly do you have against circus peanuts? I take umbrage!

I seriously discussed with my wife the idea of dipping Brussels sprouts in chocolate and wrapping them up like ferrera-roche... A special surprise for the moms and dads filching candy from their kids. Decided it could lead to litigation and abandoned the idea. Maybe the Korean market has something icky to hand out.

I seriously discussed with my wife the idea of dipping Brussels sprouts in chocolate and wrapping them up like ferrera-roche... A special surprise for the moms and dads filching candy from their kids. Decided it could lead to litigation and abandoned the idea. Maybe the Korean market has something icky to hand out.
Dear Brussels Sprout Haters
Fie on thee and thine!
Fie, I say.
Sincerely
Brussels Sprout Lover
Especially pan roasted with olive oil salt and pepper and balsamic vinegar drizzle
And skillet cooked with bacon
And now excuse me, I'm hungry

Dear Jayjay,

Circus peanuts are basically edible packing peanuts. They're vile.

Sincerely,
Probably an overwhelming number of people who have tried them
Dear Jayjay,

Black jelly beans are DELISH. Necco wafers are chalk, and not the kind we can brew with either.

Sincerely, always stole the big tootsie rolls from my daughter's stash bag

Dear stole the Tootsie Roll,

I keep a small basket of misc candy on my desk for visitors to complain about when they visit me. Either I am a terrible person for putting this out within their reach, or my choice in candy sucks and I need to restock....

Currently I am in the second category. The basket has been picked clean short of the the assortment of Tootsie rolls that have been left behind. It has been that way for over a week...
Sincerely
You need to swing past my office.

P.S. @Kent packing peanuts are offended by the comparison--they have a function in society and taste much better than the circus peanuts.

Dear @Brew_Dude41 ,

My coworker and I both keep candy jars on our desks; last week she brought in some off-brand fruit chews that are horrible. Mine has homemade buttermints that fortunately nobody but me likes. And while I would love to swipe large handfuls of your tootsie rolls, Ohio is a bit of a drive.

Sincerely, seriously bummed that they don't make spearmint lifesavers anymore

Dear Pipeline,

Why you have to go all low on me????

Sincerely, trying to figure out how to work from home tomorrow while brewing up a batch of house blonde and sew more clothes all at the same time because going out of town this weekend

Squid snacks… not to be confused with squid game.

Back