The crying in my beer that didn't turn out quite right thread....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm sitting here with a fresh pint of my Guinness clone, and a pint of the real thing side by side, sipping each and wondering where I went wrong. Bitterness is spot on. I could up the mouthfeel next time, although its not too bad.
Wish I had another set or 2 of tastebuds tasting with me tonight.

I think I'm going to back off on the roasted barley big time and add some chocolate malt to it.

Guinness is just so smooth it bugs the C R A P out of me that I can't get close to it. Guinness is such a great beer.

Anyone else need a good cry?

Discuss.

are you klidding? I've got a recent batch that got too warm and has a funky flavor. I've been crying about that for a few days.

-walker

Ain't it grand though...brew..taste..cry.. brew..taste..cry... there will always be a tear in our beer and a smile on our face. That's homebrewin. :D

Stop trying to imitate and brew your own stuff, f00. :D

BTW, I just polished off a 90 Minute IPA.

*pops 16 boners*

Sudster said:
You didn't drink enough of it.:D

hell.. I couldn't STAND to drink much of it. i really don't think I'll drink any of it. the ladies here can have it all.

-walker

Walker said:
hell.. I couldn't STAND to drink much of it. i really don't think I'll drink any of it. the ladies here can have it all.

-walker

Well, the ladies can have it and then they can put a smile on your face. It works out Man, really! :D

When it comes to beer I ..Dear Sir .. I am a connoisseur..I just like to do it faster than most..most of the folks in my monthly meetings.:D

Yeah, I know what you mean. I can flat connoisseur the hell out of some beer, now.

Brandon.....have we steered this thing far enough into the tar pits yet, or should we keep going? :D

Yeah, and the tool is off to bed.

He's going on a cruise tomorrow. Can you believe that? A cruise! I mean....sun, ocean air, beaches, time with the wife, diving, comedy shows, gambling, great food, room service, time with the wife......

Why in the hell would a guy want to do that, when he could hang out here?!

:)

Sam75 said:
He's going on a cruise tomorrow.

Yeah, and the next time I post to you suckers its gonna be as I'm gorging myself on gourmet food and living the good life--from Jamaica and Grand Cayman! :p

I'm even bringing homebrew. Whether its get by the security nazis is one thing, but its going to be attempted.

Cruises? Only a matter of time before the 'Love boat' came back into this...

But i remember (probably a thousand years ago i admit) drinking the old Guinness in can form - Truly horrible - Fizzy nasty harsh 'bitter coffee' compared to the smooth silkier stuff on draught (or widget cans now).

I bet Orrelse version tastes better than the old stuff i drank for sure!

ORRELSE said:
Yeah, and the next time I post to you suckers its gonna be as I'm gorging myself on gourmet food and living the good life.

Sorry , manmistaas " groping myself" ( not that there's anything wrong with it !). I spewed beer onto the monitor and surrounding environs. Gotta get my eyes checked. :cross:

sudsmonkey said:
Sorry , manmistaas " groping myself" ( not that there's anything wrong with it !). I spewed beer onto the monitor and surrounding environs. Gotta get my eyes checked. :cross:
Have you been drinking? :confused:

Back