The best beer recipe for a FLORIDA climate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CKH1

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a new brewer, so I will most likely have tons of questions!

My first one is:

I am in southern Florida, what is the best homebrew recipe for the high temperatures here in Florida?
(I am thinking of fermentation)
Taking into consideration that room temperature here is usually mid to high 70's (F)

I have seen a lot of recipes that require fermentation in the 50's(F).
I have a wine cooler that gets to mid 50's(F), but only holds about 22 bottles of beer.

Being from Denmark, I would love to make a Carlsberg/Tuborg clone, either from extract or from and all grain or even a combination.
Anyone have any great, easy, step by step (beginner) recipes and instructions?
suggestions?, comments? questions?

Thanks

The best thing to do is control the temperatures with a fridge or swamp cooler (google it! :D) and ferment ales in the low/mid 60s.

If that's not an option, then Saisons do well in warm temps - in fact, they like to be warmed up in to the 80s to make fermentation finish up.

A saison would do well at those temps. You could also use a swamp cooler to get to regular ale temps and brew pretty much any ale.

Ha! jon beat me to the punch.

Thank you very much for your information and assistance. I will look into the swamp cooler and also a recipe for a Saison.

Back