The beginning of my beer wall.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimman

Reaction score
Hey homebrewers,

I just got approval from the wife on making a beer wall. This is just the beginning but I wanted to get some suggestions and thoughts. Pictures would also be a nice touch.

Brew on everyone 🍻

image-3592061419.jpg

A space to call your own is great! I built a bar in my house that I enjoy hanging out in with friends while watching the game, playing cards, planning a brewday, whatever!

I let the wife have the rest of the house, but that room is MINE, she doesnt clean it, she wont even go in it without asking first.

Dang, that's a lot of empty kegs. You got work to do!

looks great!

for suggestions... i have a decent bottle collection going of brews i've drank, may put those up and around the brewery.
the rest, i frame, but i am starting to think of a photo album of labels. 'cuz it's getting a bit excessive :)

i vote, 4 more keezers and

That all sounds great guys. Ya this is my little corner. Hahahaha. I wish I could say some are full but those are all emptys. I have 4 on tap which are half full I think and 2 full ready to go. So I would say I have plenty of kegs available. Keep up the good ideas.

I wish I could say some are full but those are all emptys.

Haha it would be a great way to burn some of those homebrew calories if they were full!

If youre going to keep the cornies up there are a few good threads on HBT about polishing kegs. That would look awesome up there. Or maybe add some cool brewery stickers or something. Just a thought.

Some other ideas:

-Build a floating shelf along the length of the wall that holds commercial beer bottles.
-Fermenting chamber with see through glass door.
-Make a mural out of sixpacks/posters/labels/bottle caps/etc.
-Neons are always cool!

You need some tins or tackers or whatever they're calling them. I just got my first one.
This is what I have on my beer wall. I need to find more cool ones tho.
-Fermenting chamber with see through glass door.
-Make a mural out of sixpacks/posters/labels/bottle caps/etc.
This is an awesome idea! How affordable are insulated glass doors?

Every new or unique sixpack you get, cut the front rectangle out and tack it up at the top of the wall. Make a line of them going all the way around the room of different beers.

Or if you can only do 1 wall, start at the top left and go right with them, and when that's done start again on the next line below it. Make an entire wall out of sixpack labels. Not only will it look cool, it will protect the wall from beer spillage!

This is an awesome idea! How affordable are insulated glass doors?

Hmm I have no idea. But for the purpose of ale fermenting I doubt you really need to have a super high R-value. You could probably just build something out of regular glass or plexi on a cabinet door.

I wish I could get away with a glass door but with my current set up not very possible. If you can imagine I have my CO2 splitter screwed on to my collar and my N screwed on to my lid.

I really like the idea of polishing those kegs however from what I'm reading it's a major time investment. We will see.

image-1581179293.jpg

image-1111075443.jpg

I wish I could get away with a glass door but with my current set up not very possible. If you can imagine I have my CO2 splitter screwed on to my collar and my N screwed on to my lid.

I really like the idea of polishing those kegs however from what I'm reading it's a major time investment. We will see.

Do you ferment in that keezer? Or is it just for serving? Do you have a seperate ferment chamber somewhere? I was talking about adding on to you wall and building a seperate ferm chamber. an old cabinet lined with rigid insulation. Again its just a thought. I guess I just want to see another one of those build threads. lol

Oops sorry I'm following now. Yes that is just for serving. I have a fridge/chamber for fermenting. That's hidden in the laundry room. Haven't received approval to bring that out yet. Lol.

Back