The Arcaderator/ Kegarcaderator I haven't decided on a name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForeverYoung

Reaction score
I have seen a great deal of amazing projects that were done here, and I thought I would add my attempt at a DIY project.

Please keep in mind that this is still in progress, I still have some things I need to do and this is by no means completed. This forum came in extremely handy with some amazing tips that made this project possible. However, I must admit I am pretty proud of this project because I don't anyone has done this before and it combines two of my loves, arcades and beer.

Notes for improvement:
Marquee still needs to be made
A better Bezel still needs to be made
I am building a tower cooler because the line does run a little warmer then I want it.
I am experimenting with different Front-ends to find the one I like the most, so far I have just been running MAME.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Thank you for the kind words.

And FYI Turtles in Time is definitely on there, as well as AVP and quite a few others.

If you had gotten your hands on an original Tapper game, then I would have been TRULY impressed.

800px-Tapper_arcade_cabinet_-_Bally_Midway.jpg

Dude, I remember that game. And a lumberjack one where you had to frantically move the joystick back and forth to chop then get attacked by bees

This is really awesome! I want to build one of these as well. Did you have any fit issues with the mini frig? Is this a MAME setup?

This is really awesome! I want to build one of these as well. Did you have any fit issues with the mini frig? Is this a MAME setup?

Sorry I have been away a little.

No I didn't have a problem with the mini-fridge it actually just fit in. It was an old Zaxxon cabinet I bought off craigslist for like $60 that had some wood damage. I had to saw out the front wood and make a door that swung open but other then that it fit in perfectly.

It is MAME, but I added some classic console games that can run from a front-end using GAME-Ex was my most successful but I fried my computer so I am trying a different machine now.

I am probably going to build a second one, out of an old Mortal Kombat II cabinet that I have and it has a TON more space in it, so I might do a dual tap system.

I hadn't thought of the quarters, I love that idea! I was already looking at installing an RFID lock system that would unlock the tap when I presented a card, so I might just change that into quarters. Especially since I kept the coin trays so I just need to fish that out of the shed.

This is a thing of beauty - I wish I still had my Neo-Geo MVS cabinet - I could have totally moved all the workings in it and still had room for this. MAME is probably a better idea though...thanks for my new craigslist search.

Oh man if it was missile command!
how long do you have to wait for the keg to settle after a few sets of serious gaming?
I see you do a little Archery too.

Latest posts

Back