That Dreaded #13 IPA $7.50 per ounce

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3bals

Reaction score
Last night I tapped the keg of That Dreaded #13 IPA that I brewed on 8/31/09. (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/homebrewing-can-dangerous-131154/) I calculated the cost of this beer by adding up the cost of the ingredients times 2 ( including the 1 that spilled) and the cost of the ER bill. That's $120 a pint.

I was a little anxious about how it would turn out. The last few weeks I noticed a thin white layer on top of the beer in the secondary and was a little concerned that it might be bad, especially after what it took to finally brew this one.

I took a sanitized dip tube from a keg and parted the white layer so I could get my racking cane in there without picking up too much of the white stuff. I sprayed it good with sanitizer just before sticking the tube in. I also let the first few ounces purge out before racking into a keg.

I racked to the keg on 12/21/09 and force carbed it until last night, then backed the pressure off to serving pressure. And! MMMMMM! It's probably the best that I've brewed so far, with a ABV of 7.35. Although I still consider myself a noob. Having only brewed 18 batches since I stared brewing a year ago. :mug:

Good to hear it turned out. Its all worth it in the end :mug:

Back