Thanks Mr UPS! Its going to be a fun build weekend! :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iqbal624

Reaction score
Kegconnection dropped off a package for me last night. Weighing in at 41 pounds... :)

My keg setup is here! Got a couple kegs, a tower with two Perlick taps (one creamer), Taprite double reg, and CO2 tank. Right now, the box is sitting on top of the mini fridge it's all going into.

Unfortunately, I won't have time to take a crack at it until this weekend. :)

image-1790130821.jpg

Congrats, and good luck with the build. I'm a couple weeks from placing a similar order for a refrigerator conversion. I'm going with a two tap (Perlick), and a double regulator also. I wouldn't mind seeing your inventory list, if you wouldn't mind. I'd like to compare to what I've got on my list, and make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

Best thing in the world is pulling that very first pint from your home built kegerator. I took pictures of my first pint like it was a baby minutes after being born. Grats on the stuff and good luck on the build. Better post up some pics when it's finished!

There shall be more pics for sure!
What's a little sad is I don't know if my first brew is ready for the keg yet or not.

It should be fun either way. Maybe I'll just have to keg it a little early... :)

Awesome, you're going to have a fun weekend!

The rest of my water purification stuff comes in today so that is what I'll be doing the next couple days... rooting around under my sink, woho.

I know the feeling! I just got a text from my fiance saying the UPS dropped off a box, which would be my three tap tower and manifold. I emailed Midwest Supplies today because I hadnt gotten a tracking number for my extra lines and couplers, and they didnt send it out till yesterday, so I wont be able to get everything setup until tomorrow. It is driving me crazy!

I had some cider carb'ing up, and my unit already had a single tap (that I swore I wasnt going to use...) so I went ahead and tapped that last night and had a couple pints. I got a great picture of a nearly perfect pour too. I was so proud of myself, my fiance just looked at me shook her head.

JoshuaW said:
I know the feeling! I just got a text from my fiance saying the UPS dropped off a box, which would be my three tap tower and manifold. I emailed Midwest Supplies today because I hadnt gotten a tracking number for my extra lines and couplers, and they didnt send it out till yesterday, so I wont be able to get everything setup until tomorrow. It is driving me crazy!

I had some cider carb'ing up, and my unit already had a single tap (that I swore I wasnt going to use...) so I went ahead and tapped that last night and had a couple pints. I got a great picture of a nearly perfect pour too. I was so proud of myself, my fiance just looked at me shook her head.

Haha. I know the feeling. What'll be funny is I'm sure I'll get a similar look from my wife who is expecting in 2-3 weeks. Of course, my first beer was a porter for her. I'm really REALLY excited about the IPA that should be ready to keg in 2 weeks!! :) mmmmm And more so my first AG batch that's going to be brewed this weekend.

This was probably the craziest week as far as getting toys in and not being able to use them. I got a new camera lens (so I could better take pictures of the baby, obviously) and I got this keg setup, my fittings (sight, valve, thermometer thanks to brewhardware.com/Bobby), got my keggle top cut off, and propane burner and wort chiller. However, because it's so crazy at work, I can't use any of it.

Yikes!!

Oh well, thats what weekends are for right?

Hopefully my wife doesn't go into labor this weekend cutting into my plans... ;) haha

Going to be a long Friday! haha. Congrats on your new set up and on the upcoming birth of your child! Great times! :mug:

The build is coming along nicely!
I've been asked by a few people for my order list.
Here it is:

1. 2 Faucet Stainless Tower Homebrew Kit with Two Kegs,
Ball Lock Kegs. Does not include keg nor CO2
cylinder-choose these separately.

2. Perlick Creamer Faucet, New Style, Stainless Steel,
575SS

3. Perlick 525SS Forward Seal Faucet, "The Pearl" , Stainless Steel

4.Dual Body Taprite CO2 Beer Regulator, Quick Adjust, Double Gauge, 5/16
Check Valve, High Pressure
( I replaced the Taprite single and manifold with this dual pressure one so that I could have beers at different pressures and so that I could have one carbing and one serving. Etc. )

5. Cornelius Keg (or Firestone), 5 Gallon, Ball Lock (Pepsi Style) for
Homebrew/Soda with free set of new Orings (2)

6. 5 LB CO2 Cylinder, Aluminum Cylinder with Brass Sherwood Valve

The original kit includes all the little pieces like the ball valve connectors and hoses. I did ask that my beer lines be extended to 8 feet. They normally come at 5' but I've heard that the longer they are, the less foam and better the pour. I figured if they're going to be wound up in a circle anyways, why not add a couple feet?

I only went with one 575 Faucet because knowing my love for IPA's, I'll know that I'll probably always have one of those on tap so the 525 would be perfect for that.
The wife likes porter, so why not try out a 575? :)

I built all of this up into a Frigidaire FRC445GB that I got on CL for $30
i'll have pictures later from my progress.
Let me know if you have any more ?'s.
Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back