Thanks for the help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdharris99

Reaction score
First post, having just bottled my first brew last week. Just wanted to thank all of you experienced brewers for taking the time to answer the same questions over and over again for us rookies. I read a home brewing book before getting started, but it was really this forum that kept me from:

1. Cutting corners on sanitation.
2. Not paying attention to temperatures.
3. Freaking out about a fermentation lag (thanks to the BRY97 yeast thread).
4. Being concerned that the junk on top of my beer is different than any pictures I had seen.
5. Convincing myself that hydrometers are just for fancy-pants.
6. Bottling too soon.
7. Opening a bottle after 3 days and then having an emotional breakdown.

So much great info on here.

Cheers,
Mark

With this being your first post, I'm inclined to believe then that you used the search function/browsing to find out the answers to these questions instead of starting a 900th thread about it.

Props to you sir.

Nice, congrats on your first brew! So what are you brewing tomorrow to keep the pipeline rolling? :D :tank:

And to piggyback on the last reply, kudos for searching and reading. There is a wealth of good info on this forum. Welcome to the community.

Since early impressions indicate that my first batch is a success, my second will either be a lambic or a quad.

Naw, seriously my plan at this point is to drink some of this one when it's more ready and then brew it again with some tweaks so I can see what changes. My hope is to get at least a basic understanding of how the ingredients interact before pushing too far. I tend to drink IIPAs, but I think if I tried to brew one of those right off the bat I would probably be disappointed. I am determined for this new hobby to teach me how to be more patient!

Great first post.

As a word of encouragement though, let me mention to you that I've found IIPAs to be the easiest beers for me to brew thus far. There's not a lot to screw up when putting hops into a boiling kettle, and a lot of its flavor is dependent on doing just that!

First post, having just bottled my first brew last week. Just wanted to thank all of you experienced brewers for taking the time to answer the same questions over and over again for us rookies. I read a home brewing book before getting started, but it was really this forum that kept me from:

1. Cutting corners on sanitation.
2. Not paying attention to temperatures.
3. Freaking out about a fermentation lag (thanks to the BRY97 yeast thread).
4. Being concerned that the junk on top of my beer is different than any pictures I had seen.
5. Convincing myself that hydrometers are just for fancy-pants.
6. Bottling too soon.
7. Opening a bottle after 3 days and then having an emotional breakdown.

So much great info on here.

Cheers,
Mark
I myself was in your shoes in February 2014. I brewed and bottled by March 7 my first brew. Like you I sought information on this Forum. The advise is straight on and very helpful. My Blonde Ale turned out very well. :) Happy Brewing!

Great first post.

As a word of encouragement though, let me mention to you that I've found IIPAs to be the easiest beers for me to brew thus far. There's not a lot to screw up when putting hops into a boiling kettle, and a lot of its flavor is dependent on doing just that!

Thanks for that. I'm sure I can squeeze one in to my first 5!

Cheers,
Mark

Latest posts

Back