Thank you DeathBrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangulum33

Whenever it feels right!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to DeathBrewer for his information on Easy Partial Mash Brewing. The steeping/sparging techniques were very helpful. I tried his methods with a full boil process and I think it went very well. Besides Graf and Apfelwein, it was my first brew - a Cream Ale mini-mash from AHB.

I had an old Bass Pro Shops turkey burner I got from a white elephant party 5 years ago and a $35 13 gal pot from Winco. I steeped and sparged according to the kit and added 3 gal of water in the boil pot for a total of 6 gal preboil. Ended up with very close to 5 gal after the boil. Used a carboy cap and sucked on a tube on the little opening to get a siphon going thru the center opening into the carboy. Ended up with quite a bit of hops and trub in the carboy, though.

Anyway, thanks DeathBrewer and all the full boil champions!!

yeah, "Death"-brewer how ironic... oops, the entity lives nearby I better shuddup.

Disclaimer:
Surely DeathBrewer knows what he talks about. But he still scares the hell outta me.

Back