tenth and blake..... it had to happen sometime.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like they finally realized they needed to focus on making some decent beer with flavor :p They got lucky with Blue Moon, who knows what they'll come up with?

You say that like Blue Moon is an acceptable beer.... I'm not holding my breath for this one either.

I like Blue Moon as well. My wife doesn't like it anymore though, and insists on drinking my wit instead. She says Blue Moon tastes like water now. I use a recipe similar to what Wayne recommends (who was there when BM was invented :p )

Though I know it's a play on words, the irony is that this "location" is in the middle what would be left field on Metro State's ball field near the Pepsi Center in Denver. So would it be fair to say they're out in "left field" on this one? :p

On a separate, yet related topic - there's a new craft brew pub/restaurant taking shape in downtown Denver: FreshCraft (across from the Rio for those who know LoDo). They aren't open yet, but it looks promising in both location and setup. I'm going to recommend to them that they do there damnedest to bring in some Pliny on tap and thus become local heroes the world 'round! :D

I'll give them a fair shot and buy a mixer. Wasn't crazy about the craft stuff Michelob tried their hands out but it wasn't bad stuff either.

Though I know it's a play on words, the irony is that this "location" is in the middle what would be left field on Metro State's ball field near the Pepsi Center in Denver. So would it be fair to say they're out in "left field" on this one? :p

On a separate, yet related topic - there's a new craft brew pub/restaurant taking shape in downtown Denver: FreshCraft (across from the Rio for those who know LoDo). They aren't open yet, but it looks promising in both location and setup. I'm going to recommend to them that they do there damnedest to bring in some Pliny on tap and thus become local heroes the world 'round! :D

The Falling Rock is not that far from the rio and has pliny on tap, hardly seems heroic.

Maybe it'll be good, i'll try it. The Sandlot beer that they have on tap at the ballpark is a coors product and it's dam good. But i think you can only get it inside Coors Field, which is kinda neat. Maybe this 10th and Blake will be similar????

More like a comination of streets from two different locations. the 10th street part comes from Milwaukee which is the 10th street leinenkugels brewery

I'm sure they'll find a way to screw this up. The bad thing is that this could actually cause some damage to the craft beer market. They're going to market this stuff as craft beer, and it likely won't be any better than their flagships. This could end up being what an average BMC drinker thinks of as an example of craft beer. And you know they are going to market the heck out this stuff.

I'm willing to try it. I don't believe in shunning a beer just based on the brewer, but my expectations aren't very high.

It's like the whole Batch 19 concept. I haven't tried it. (Not sure if it's even available yet.) I'd be willing to give it a shot, but based on the description, my expectations are low. They are going to brew a "pre-prohibition" beer. Pre-prohibition beers were already light yellow in color, brewed with rice and corn as adjuncts, and contained only about 3% alcohol. So, essentially they're going to brew Miller Light with a different label.

I welcome these efforts from the BMC companies. Sure, it probably won't be too good, but they will hopefully be gateway beers to the better stuff, and eventually may open people to more variety. I have already dissed craft beers in this thread as I think that too many craft beers are over hyped, over priced and unbalanced.

I would prefer that America, in it's re-discovery of beer take smaller, more conservative steps than go all out banana-crap crazy with stupid excesses.

What the hell, I just like a well balanced beer. The new BMC craft brew will not be great, but it will be drinkable. Much of the craft brew is not great either. I look forward to the eventual middle ground. :)

I read the link and have one question - does anyone REALLY consider Leinie a craft beer? To me that's kinda like calling Yuengling a craft beer. It's just an excuse to charge more for it at the pub.

I read the link and have one question - does anyone REALLY consider Leinie a craft beer? To me that's kinda like calling Yuengling a craft beer. It's just an excuse to charge more for it at the pub.

i don't even call leine's "beer".

I'm gonna stay out of these threads in the future. I come from a country where most of the pints (Ales) on tap in any pub would be considered a craft beer in the US. It just confuses the fook outa me. :(

In defense of the BMC folks, Coors has one out that's called "Colorado Native", and it's actually a pretty tasty beer. Also, Gotta give +1 on the sandlot beers at Coors Field. I had a great Bock last year and a really good Helles from them this year.

[insert obligatory Go Rockies! here]

I'll at least try anything that the BMC guys try to make under the "craft beer" label, and if I like it, cool. If not... well, guess I don't need to drink it any more.

I was at the World of Beer Festival in Milwaukee this year. The "Valley Brewery (MillerCoors Tech Center Pilot brewery)" was there. Of course, I don't recall what they had and the brewery listing says "TBD". What I do remember was they had a delicious IPA/APA with Sorachi Ace. If that is the level of beer they plan to make, then I welcome Tenth and Blake with open arms.

Back