Tennessee Group Grain Buy Round 1 2012

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have made up the labels again for the splits so when are they gonna start? I say saturday morning since there isn't that many and I can bring the labels to make life easy.

also its gonna be freakin cold saturday I think the high is gonna be 37.

Thanks for the invite, would def like to make it up for the brew action (and samplings) but I'll be in Chatt-town for the weekend. Look forward to the next round.
I've asked Neil to snag my bag of M.O. and I'll pick it up from him afterwards. Please see to it that he gets it included in his haul. Thanks!
Have a great Saturday guys.

Screw it! I hate the cold, I am riding to Nashvegas Saturday! I definitely want to try a Baltic Porter. I have a KBS clone that is off the chain! Also, a s**t load of awesome and hard to encounter MidWest craft beers. See ya'll Saturday! Carter5112- I am going to bring the Gumballhead knock-off and a true reference. Hope to see you there.
-Marc

Screw it! I hate the cold, I am riding to Nashvegas Saturday!

Wohoo! Way to prioritize!! Now we can all get hypothermia together, I can't believe I've turned into such a giant wuss living down here.

bliss.gif
bliss.gif

bliss.gif

The grain was supposed to be delivered on Friday, but it is be delivered right now. It will sit on the dock until Friday or Saturday. I hope to see you guys on Saturday. I can't make it until 2 though, so save something me for me.

1234 said:
The grain was supposed to be delivered on Friday, but it is be delivered right now. It will sit on the dock until Friday or Saturday. I hope to see you guys on Saturday. I can't make it until 2 though, so save something me for me.

It will probably be around that time when I get there also.

So wait. I thought it was going to be at Bobby's place, but he says he won't be there until 2.

Are we all just crashing his place, or am I missing something here?

So wait. I thought it was going to be at Bobby's place, but he says he won't be there until 2.

Are we all just crashing his place, or am I missing something here?

You are missing something.

Grain will be ordered on Tuesday for delivery on Friday. Bert's Beer will be hosting this time around, sorry guys but I have to work. As usual, please bring something to share or get some feedback on.

Jim is going to brew and he is offering to let 2 folks get some wort, you will need to e-mail him for details [email protected]>

e-mail Jim for his address and he would like to get everybody there between 9-12. I will be there around 2 to get my stuff.

PM me if you have any questions or issues.

:mug:

I'm gonna pick up the 2nd pallet and take it to Jims on sat morn probably 9-11. Does anyone want to meet me over in Madison to help load it in my truck?

I'm gonna pick up the 2nd pallet and take it to Jims on sat morn probably 9-11. Does anyone want to meet me over in Madison to help load it in my truck?

You got a HD pickup? 40 some sacks will be close to a ton. If I remember correctly Bobby had a Full-size pickup and it only held between 25-30 sacks loaded down

On a separate note...
I know there is only 50 splits on this buy, but Dave and I worked about 4 hours or more cutting out splits and organizing orders after several people had worked numerous hours the night before. If the last pallet isn't going to get there until 11am Sat. then its gonna be a LONG day. Hope Y'all got a mess of helpers and scales. Its a large undertaking.

Sorry I cant lend a hand this time but I gotta work Sat. morning and wont make it till after lunch.

Steve will have no problems getting a full pallet in his huge truck, but asking a guy to load an entire pallet by himself is hard to do. If you are close to Madison please lend Steve some help.

It appears that Brad has stepped up to say he will help with splitting some of the grain. I would suggest letting some people get their own grain.

Alright, I missed a day of posts and this is starting to sound like a party! I'm planning on getting to Jim's around 8 to start splitting stuff up. I'll pick up some Gallon and 2 Gallon ziplocks from Wally world and maybe a roll of trash bags to get splits started before people arrive. People will still need to bring containers for their grains though. I'll have everything printed to account for what we're splitting. I count 49 splits less 12 grain bags (and the PBW container going to Paul) being split which means we'll need 36 containers of varying size for everything.

I'm not sure which bags are on the 1st vs. 2nd pallet, but as long as a portion of the 11 "varieties" getting split are there (CM-Whet, BZ-HDBR, GB-Hony, GP-FLCRN, BZ-MUNH, BZ-VIEN, CM-RYEM, PBW, TF-CRY65, TF-CHOC, BZ-CRPL) then we can get started early tomorrow.

When you arriving csuhu? The labels will be great!

Alright, I missed a day of posts and this is starting to sound like a party! I'm planning on getting to Jim's around 8 to start splitting stuff up. I'll pick up some Gallon and 2 Gallon ziplocks from Wally world and maybe a roll of trash bags to get splits started before people arrive. People will still need to bring containers for their grains though. I'll have everything printed to account for what we're splitting. I count 49 splits less 12 grain bags (and the PBW container going to Paul) being split which means we'll need 36 containers of varying size for everything.

I'm not sure which bags are on the 1st vs. 2nd pallet, but as long as a portion of the 11 "varieties" getting split are there (CM-Whet, BZ-HDBR, GB-Hony, GP-FLCRN, BZ-MUNH, BZ-VIEN, CM-RYEM, PBW, TF-CRY65, TF-CHOC, BZ-CRPL) then we can get started early tomorrow.

When you arriving csuhu? The labels will be great!

Chris dropped off the labels this morning when we got the first pallet. It had several bags of Maris otter, pils, 2 row, and a few others on it.

I am tempted to load up my truck again I can't be there past 11am so I am thinking I can get there around 7 to load my truck again and get to jims around 8. any1 wanna help me out. and there are only 37 splits that are not 1/2 a bag.

I'll be coming out - wish i'd seen that steve needed help sooner, i would have driven up to Madison to help load. As it stands now, i'm going to be at firestone @ 6:45 to try and get my oil changed first thing in the morning - i'm about 2,000 past due. I'll head out with a partial keg of winter warmer and a partial 2 liter of some stout for feedback. Neither are fantastic though as far as i'm concerned so i wouldn't hedge your bets with it for the session beverage.

thoughts for the extra mis pick bags to save them for a group brew/barrel beer....

I was thinking an old ale aged for 3-6 months in a fresh bourbon barrel.

Just an fyi to people sams club has 4 gallon water bottles for 4.88 and they are the #1 recycle sign perfect for expermental batches or high gravity.

Carapils arrived today, I know that Bobby H is owed half of the sack, but I haven't looked at who else is in on the sack.

I am still up for a group barrel brew just need to find a recipe I was thinking an old ale of some sorts and about another 10 people. Then also a which barrel to get as I have a chance at anything Heaven Hill makes. We already have a spot for it to store it just need to fill it.

Hey guys. I'm up in Greeneville and curious if anyone has considered a group buy in Knoxville or Johnson city or Asheville areas??

The next couple of days are not good for me. Saturday has me working early and then going to a birthday party for my daughter at my in-laws. Sunday early on may work for me, I have another birthday party for my daughter on Sunday evening.

I am back in the country. I think I will be in Nashville/Lebanon Wednesday of next week, how can we arrange a pickup if this day is good, or another?

Back