Temperature Fluctuation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SansLune

Reaction score
Hey All,
Another post here at fermentation, and I've brewed an Imperial Porter but in the first few days couldn't really control the temp, what do you think of this graph? Still salvageable?

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2023-08-21, às 00.54.57.png
    Captura de ecrã 2023-08-21, às 00.54.57.png
    414.7 KB · Views: 0
What yeast strain was used? And does the plot represent wort temperature - or chamber temperature?

If it was wort temperature flirting with ~26.5C/~80°F peak that's already a less than ideal temperature plot but if that's chamber temperature the beer temperature could have been another 5°C/10°F higher. That could be Fusel City.

As this point you're pretty much stuck letting things run their course and hope for the best.
Good luck!

Yeah sorry, forgot to add that, I'm using the M44 from Mangrove, and it's the wort temp, I have a spindel in there. Opened it today, doesn't seem to have weird smells other than the usual porter ones

What yeast strain was used? And does the plot represent wort temperature - or chamber temperature?

If it was wort temperature flirting with ~26.5C/~80°F peak that's already a less than ideal temperature plot but if that's chamber temperature the beer temperature could have been another 5°C/10°F higher. That could be Fusel City.

As this point you're pretty much stuck letting things run their course and hope for the best.
Good luck!
Forgot to tag you

Back