Temp controller on ebay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HankyPanky

Reaction score
Most on here build their own, ( re: STC 100 threads), but many buy them already built, such as the Johnson Controls one, or a Ranco.

That one looks to have some good specs, so keep us posted if you go with it!

That looks similar to an STC-1000, but its not the same.

I own both an STC-1000, and a Johnson controls A419. I like them both, but, I prefer the STC-1000 because its more accurate and dual-stage(heating/cooling).

It was way cheaper, and I had to wire it myself, but it works great. And I'm thinking about buying another, and selling off the expensive Johnson controller.

The stc1000 wiring thread was named something close to "cheap ebay aquarium temp controller"

That's an STC-1000 that someone wired and put into a box. You can spend the $65 if you don't want to wire it yourself, or you can just buy an STC-1000 and wire it yourself for about $20.

That's an STC-1000 that someone wired and put into a box. You can spend the $65 if you don't want to wire it yourself, or you can just buy an STC-1000 and wire it yourself for about $20.
Actually, that's NOT an STC-1000. It's listed in the sale as a WILLHI WH7016H+. What is interesting is that it claims to be a 2 stage, with keypad selectable units of fahrenheit or celsius. That's new for a WILLHI, afaik. Other out of the ordinary features are the WILLHI & WORKING LED indicators.

Maybe this is a new to market WILLHI unit? Here it is. And here.

I am planning on posting this weekend (but saw this thread) my Control Products temp controller that I'm not going to use anymore since I got a Bev-Air Kegerator and just use the manual dial to set temp. It's wired for the cold side (skipped the hot side since I'm in SW FL and don't need to keep anything warm). It's the one from amazon linked below if you're interested. If not, it will be on the 'for sale' section of HBT if someone else is interested. Thanks-

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0057APR3I/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, that's NOT an STC-1000. It's listed in the sale as a WILLHI WH7016H+. What is interesting is that it claims to be a 2 stage, with keypad selectable units of fahrenheit or celsius. That's new for a WILLHI, afaik. Other out of the ordinary features are the WILLHI & WORKING LED indicators.

Maybe this is a new to market WILLHI unit? Here it is. And here.

It looks just like it.

The wiring on the STC-1000 is a bit complicated and the directions provided are usually in Chinese and/or make little sense. Fortunately there are several online .pdf's that show you what each "function" selection does (F1-F5 usually but some go F1-F9). There are a few forum "how to's" but none seem very complete to me. I've wanted to do a full guide for some time, but I haven't had the time.

*One reminder, there are Celsius and Fahrenheit models out there, most on ebay do not differentiate unless you read the fine print. Make sure you chose the one you want and don't order blindly.

**STC-1000's can start a fire if improperly wired or grounded

***Make sure you stick the temp probe in a plastic water bottle (with water in it) or your temp ranges will vary widely.

The wiring on the STC-1000 is a bit complicated and the directions provided are usually in Chinese and/or make little sense. Fortunately there are several online .pdf's that show you what each "function" selection does (F1-F5 usually but some go F1-F9). There are a few forum "how to's" but none seem very complete to me. I've wanted to do a full guide for some time, but I haven't had the time.

*One reminder, there are Celsius and Fahrenheit models out there, most on ebay do not differentiate unless you read the fine print. Make sure you chose the one you want and don't order blindly.

**STC-1000's can start a fire if improperly wired or grounded

***Make sure you stick the temp probe in a plastic water bottle (with water in it) or your temp ranges will vary widely.

I dont think its very complicated. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404092550.918038.jpg
Here is the wiring schematic. Just make sure to break the tab on the outlet side where the connecting red and blue wires in the picture are. Otherwise you will heat and cool at the same time. There is also a stc1000+ build thread on here that you can follow and flash your stc1000 so it will display in Fahrenheit and give the ability to step temperatures up or down depending on your needs.

Sent from somewhere to someone

Back