Temp control problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellfire

Reaction score
Yesterday was brew day, all went well....I think....put the wort in the primary, sealed it up and put it in my usual spot. Well, it's beginning to get warm in GA, so today the ambient temp got up to 78deg inside while I was at work. When I got home and checked the "fermometer" it read 77deg, outside the desired fermentation range for ales. So I moved the fermentor into the basement...a good 10deg cooler easily, maybe more, I am sure it will get too cool in the basement tonight so I will most likely move it back upstairs. I may have to resort to a swamp cooler during the day..? Would it be best to just leave it in the basement all the time? It's a good bit cooler down there, I'm afraid at this time of year there will be ideal spot.

Any suggestions?

You should be fine in your basement a long as long as your basement stays in the 60's

Latest posts

Back