Tattoo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Any Tattoos?

• Yes, one

• Yes, two or more

• No

• None of your business!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I also had my tongue and left nipple pierced. The nipple was a dare, and the tongue was to see what it would feel like. I took both out years ago.

Cheesefood said:
I also had my tongue and left nipple pierced. The nipple was a dare, and the tongue was to see what it would feel like. I took both out years ago.

Shhsss don't tell anybody buy I have both nipples and my belly button done. Have had them for 15 years and I forget they are there!

I've got four. Two on my left upper arm: one is a black spade with a lightning bolt through it, the other is sort of abstract it has a sun, a Dead head, and other stuff. The one on my upper right forearm is a now run-of-the-mill tribal, but done in tye die colors. It's going to have to be modified. All three were done by Tom Donovan in Biloxi, MS.

The 4th is a black dragon on my right forearm that I got in Japan. It's my good luck charm. It's a good thing I'm not rich, or I'd have dozens. I'm wanting to have some work done to modify what I already have, and to tie them together a little better.

Lorena said:
I love Pumbaa's picture- the one commemorating his brother.
I was worried about that one at first. That picture was taken like 1 hour after it was finished, Needless to say my arm was very sore and bruised after 4 1/2 hours in the chair, it's lightened up rather nice I should take a new pitcure but I'm lazy (being lazy is the same reason the picture of the other one is so yellow, didnt fee llike fixing it tongiht)

I have 3, all while I was in college. They're kind of addictive - you get one, then you want another and another. Now that I'm older and have a real job I'm glad I made sure they can all be covered by a t-shirt. Ink doesn't seem to go over well in the banking industry.

Belly button tats...

Tat-Bartbutt-00.jpg

Tat-Monkeybutt-00.jpg

Tat-Pus-00.jpg

Full sleeves on both arms.
1130846124_l.jpg

Left arm is all Japanese with a dragon koi and some water and flowers. Left is all pop traditional stuff. I worked in a shop for a few years and just kind of let people tattoo me when they were bored.

Dan

dibby33 said:
Currently I am thinking of MrCoolCat (my avator). what do you think?

I think that would be a GREAT tat dibby. :rockin: At 41 I still don't have one, but I've always wanted one and have a friend that does them. I've always wanted to get the STL logo from the Cardinals done for a while. I might have to do that this summer.

Ize

I have 1... Crossed Checkerd Flags on my Right Arm.. My group of friends all thru highschool and I used to rebuild and race cars.. it was a logical choice at the time. I don't regret it or anything.. infact it serves to remind me of many of the good times I had..
I have 2 more that I want.. 1 of which is an arm band style one.. but I have little twig arms and I don't think it would look right.. Hopefully once I get back to the gym I can fix that problem and go get some ink done!!

SpamDog

I think I'll pass on the tattoo thing. I don't believe in anything strongly enough to draw it on me permanently.

Hmmm...now that I think about it, maybe a pint glass? :drunk:

I've got 4 and one in the works. My avatar is one of them....I don't think I have any pics of the others though. I have a native american phoenix on my left shoulder and (on my right shoulder) a landscape / dream catcher with my avatar over it. The landscape in very colorful....took about 6-7 hours for the color only. They used those kickaZZ 5-needle arrays to get the ink nice and vivid.....and the guy was really leaning into it too. If was fun.:D

I drew them all and had everything dome over the last 4-5 years exclusively at Jim's Tattoo in Seabrook, NH - I'd highly reccomend this place to anyone in the region.....it's worth it if it's a drive.

I've been working with an artist in turning the below piece into a tattoo'able piece for my back in large, shoulder-to-shoulder size. (It's a Fugs album cover......crazy 60's hippie "band") The plan is to to spend a few sessions on the fine lines and then to literally paint in the colorful parts w/o any linework. I think it's going to take a half-dozen or more sessions over a year or so to get right. It's my Holy Grail of tattoos....
fugs_1st_album.JPG

I fall into the category of don't have one/wouldn't mind getting one, but I am waiting for the Lion's to win a championship--I'll be lucky if they have a winning season. My plan is to eventually get the Lion's Symbol on my shoulder so It can be hidden by a shirt (a requirement for a Lion's fan).

Left shoulder - Stinson 108-4 (Flying Station Wagon) in factory burgundy colors - knew I could never afford a real one, but now I'll always have one......

Skol!

I've got 3, my favorite is a wolf above some Celtic Knotwork on my arm. I'll have to try to get a pic of it, I don't have one.
I would love more, If I had the disposable income my whole back would be done, I've had it all planned out for years, but as the saying goes 'Good tattoos are rarely cheap, and cheap tattoos are rarely good'.
BTW, if anyone wants a recommendation for a guy in Milwaukee PM me, I know the best artist, he does just phenomonal work. I think thats the mistake most first timers make, just going to the first place that can take them right away.

Flyin' Lion said:
I fall into the category of don't have one/wouldn't mind getting one, but I am waiting for the Lion's to win a championship--I'll be lucky if they have a winning season. My plan is to eventually get the Lion's Symbol on my shoulder so It can be hidden by a shirt (a requirement for a Lion's fan).

:mug:

Here's mine:

tat.jpg

This was the day after I got it...hence the shinyness. It was definitely a "band of brothers" thing...an Air Force buddy (a yooper!) and I made a pact to get them. I absolutely love it.

Next I want Millie (the Miller High Life girl in the moon) because an uncle of mine (who I adore) has it. :D
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/orrelse/tat.jpg

I could never get a tattoo... I fear that sort of commitment. My wife on the other hand has a couple, one on her right shoulder blade, one on her lower left abdomen and one on her lower back. I think she is done now, she accomplished all that and is not even 26... But she is not against breast augmentation :rockin:

The Pol

Iban Proverb: A man without tattoos is invisible to the gods.

I have three:
1. Dragon
2. Bear claw necklace
3. Five petal rose

My wife's a tattoo artist. She only has one... everywhere.

I am sleeved from the neck line to the elbows on both arms, and a back piece also. Many hours worth of work to commemorate all my life changing events. I especially like my samurai warrier killink the tiger that is attacking my good luck foo dog. It symbolizes mydicorce. LOL. I have a lot of work like that.

homebrewer_99 said:
Unfortunately, this guys tat will need to be touched up a bit...

MOD: If this is too gruesome you have my permission to delete it. Sorry.

OUCH! What the hell happened to him???

from my sick perspective it dont look too bad. That slash medial and distal to the right scapula may need some surgery to get the muscles fixed but the rest just look like a scrub and sew

**EDIT**
I REALLY need to get off the med rig . . .

homebrewer_99 said:
Is this her?

Close. My wife's are still in progress. Her back is about 1/2 done. She has a shoulder piece which is about 40% done. Her leg sleeve is about 75% done from the foot to the knee. She's not sure if she's going in incorporate her upper leg tattoos into the sleeve or leave them seperate. Oh, and two arm bands.

She gets worked on for 3 or 4 hours once or twice a week.

My plan is to get a body suit from shoulders to knees. Besides the need to keep them covered at work, my arms and lower legs get too much summer sun.

And that picture, that's my main concern with my tattoos. Its not getting old and them sagging. Its not them turning into blobs over time. Its needing stiches or surgery and the doc. not lining it back up when he puts me back together.

flag_tat.jpg

Inside forearm - I got this (my first one) shortly after 9/11. Couldn't find any place where I could buy an American flag, and after three days of looking I realized where I could get one.

I added the star at the top on the first anniversary.

I used to live in lower manhattan - right across the street from the WTC... it's where I met SWMBO

I have two. On my left upper arm I have a medicine feather with beads representing the 4 primary directions (E, S, W, N). On my right upper arm I have a wolf standing in front of a full moon with an eagle in silouette across the moon. They are both all black except for the beads on the medicine feather. Both are spiritually significant to me.

My wife has two that look like one. The first is a Leo symbol with a dolphin jumping through it. The second is the phrase "Spoiled Leo" above the first. They're in the small of her back, and I think it's sexy as hell!

We both plan to get more.

I'm glad that when I'm 80 I won't have to say, "I always wanted a tattoo, but..."

Back