Tasting Order Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fosterjm

Reaction score
Good Afternoon All,

Tomorrow night I am doing a BT Horizontal with 11 bottles from The Bruery. I am going back and forth on what order to open all of these. Wanted to see what you guys would do.

Thanks for looking. If the need strikes. Feel free to threadshit in funny cat gifs

Black Tuesday 2015
Black Tuesday Rum 2014
Black Tuesday Double Barrel 2015
Grey Monday 2015
Mocha Wednesday 2016
Chocolate Rain 2015
Blue BBLs 2016
Chocolate Salty BBLs 2015
Melange 1 2016
Melange 3 2015
Winification III 2015

Cheers!
James

Just open these in fairly random order. They are all rich, strong beers that are heavy on their flavor profiles. It would be one thing if you have something like a multi-year BT vertical and wanted to follow the progression, or a ton of different beer styles.

This is just going to be one long session of sugar and booze.

Good Afternoon All,

Tomorrow night I am doing a BT Horizontal with 11 bottles from The Bruery. I am going back and forth on what order to open all of these. Wanted to see what you guys would do.

Thanks for looking. If the need strikes. Feel free to threadshit in funny cat gifs

Black Tuesday 2015
Black Tuesday Rum 2014
Grey Monday 2015
Mocha Wednesday 2016
Chocolate Rain 2015
Blue BBLs 2016
Melange 1 2016
Melange 3 2015
Winification III 2015

Cheers!
James

Since you asked, James, what I would do is not go to the place where this is happening. In fact, I would find out where it was happening and purposely move 50 ft. in the opposite direction from where ever that is.

Appropriate GIF is appropriate.

giphy.gif

Good Afternoon All,

Black Tuesday 2015
Black Tuesday Rum 2014
Grey Monday 2015
Mocha Wednesday 2016
Chocolate Rain 2015
Blue BBLs 2016
Melange 1 2016
Melange 3 2015
Winification III 2015

Cheers!
James
Where's my invite?!

In all seriousness, my recommendation is don't do this (although I'm sure you will anyway). If you must, at least get a good size group (8-12) and throw a few sours in there so you have a chance of actually tasting the difference after about 3 of these.

I love all of these beers, but just thinking about slogging my way through that list is giving me a toothache.

I might open the rum barrel variant first. It's worth remembering tasting it but the difference between it and many of the others is not so substantial that you'll remember it halfway through over some of the adjunct variants.

All went well guys. Wasn't bad with 12 people. Also opened 4 other bottles to break up the beetus. I was up at 8 to go get my kids from their moms house for the weekend.

I only was set on first 3 bottles. BT/Rum/Reserve then picked someone to pick what was next.

Cheers!

Back