Taps acting weird after a few days of non-use, and long term non-use questions.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikesalvo

Reaction score
So, Ive noticed that my taps (2 tap chrome tower>2 cornys) are always super tight and hard to move when not used for a few days. What is this and is it avoidable? Im thinking it's either built up pressure and/or just sticky/sugary faucets..

Also, I will be leaving town for work for a month, and I have 2 kegs on draft right now. Should I do anything special before I go, or just ;eave as is?

I have the same problem. It's from the sticky/sugary beer in them left to sit for awhile. This is why many people buy perlicks as they are claimed not to get sticky.

You can leave the kegs alone. Maybe disassemble the faucets and clean them before you leave though if the are sticky now. When you return in a month your beer will have been clearing and you'll have clean taps all ready to go for a fresh pull.

Back