Tap Spacing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbe2

Reaction score
I finally bought my shanks and faucets to complete my keezer build. For now I plan on using three taps with plans on adding a fourth in the future. My faucets are Intertap FCs.

My question is what is the spacing do y’all use from center to center? I have it pencilled in at 4” but have read that some do 3”. I have the small black handles now, but in the near future will be getting some chalkboard style tap handles.

I went 5" on mine but I wish I had went 3 or 4". I started out with two taps and figured that would be all but I'm about to add a 3rd tap. I have a 16" drip tray so even with 5" between I will have enough coverage.

I used 3" spacing on both my keezers which from what ive seen has been the recommended standard. I also design all my tap handles wit fit within the 3" spacing :mug:

Keezer geometry always seems to play out.
I'd work off how many kegs can potentially fit in the keezer.
You will likely max this out at some point in the future.
Mark off the maximum taps symmetrically and start placing what you need from the middle outward to the sides.
Since more keg capacity = longer width, in most cases this will allow for at least 4" spacing.

Here you go... I just poured myself an IPA from the one on the right.

upload_2018-9-20_18-57-55.png

Keezer geometry always seems to play out.
I'd work off how many kegs can potentially fit in the keezer.
You will likely max this out at some point in the future.
Mark off the maximum taps symmetrically and start placing what you need from the middle outward to the sides.
Since more keg capacity = longer width, in most cases this will allow for at least 4" spacing.

I put mine over the hump. If I hadn't, there's no way I'd get the 4 kegs in/out. So, one might consider starting over the hump, and adding taps inward, instead of starting in the center.

Back