T-shirt Hell Shutting Down

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I for one think the guy is being a bit of a ******. He's happy to sell shirts knowing some people will be offended yet is offended by their being offended? Come on. And he's so self-righteous he's closing a business he could sell for millions? If he is telling the truth he's a double-******!

I'll see some of that million trillion bazillion dollar action!

Well I for one think the guy is being a bit of a ******. He's happy to sell shirts knowing some people will be offended yet is offended by their being offended? Come on. And he's so self-righteous he's closing a business he could sell for millions? If he is telling the truth he's a double-******!

I'll see some of that million trillion bazillion dollar action!

He made a metric ****-ton of money off of the website and he had it up for years. He doesn't want to deal with it anymore and he doesn't want to leave his legacy to some other *********...I can understand that.

I'll respect him more if he actually hold on to the domain and doesn't let anyone else touch it.

I'm sure there is more to it, as well. Perhaps he's married now and his wife doesn't especially like him being in danger of getting poisoned, ya know?

truth be told, there are several t-shirts on there I would love to have, but I'm too cheap for a $20 t-shirt.

well, then...

gtfo.jpg

They really need a GTFO shirt on tshirthell......or maybe i'll just craft my own using only a wifebeater and a sharpie.

And this is why places like this can be a welcome relief. I have a facebook account, and it sometimes kills me to have to censor myself for risk of alienating family (as if being an atheist didn't already get me 95% of the way there)

The comment I wanted to make was "Isn't it a little late for the coathangers?"

I still may. :D

just so ya know you may want to edit the live links. they link right back to thier profiles

Funny, funny. It was the 70s, dummy.:D

Can't paste copyrighted material, son. Didn't those correspondence courses teach you anything?

If you give credit to the original and quote it you can. :ban: Didn't they teach that in any journalism classes? :)

If you give credit to the original and quote it you can. :ban: Didn't they teach that in any journalism classes? :)

Sure they did. I just have ethical issues with posting somebody else's material, credit given or not. Call it me being a hardass after having my stuff lifted on more occasions than I care to count.

Ok, fair enough. Just wanted to give you **** that you could do it. But more out of curiosity than anything why would someone have a problem with it along as proper credit was given?

Ok, fair enough. Just wanted to give you **** that you could do it. But more out of curiosity than anything why would someone have a problem with it along as proper credit was given?
Well, simply because I am paid by one entity to do my stuff. When other entities use it, I don't see a dime. It's sort of like the Metallica argument with napster. It's my work. I did it for my paper, not for anybody else.

Just a personal issue.

ahhhh gotcha! I never thought about the getting paid for it aspect, just the mental property side.

Here it is in a nutshell; "I wasn't ever going to leave and you suckers fell for my 'going out of business sale', thanks for the cash infusion!"

How it is false advertising. He didn't say he would give you something then not. Its like the furniture stores that have 2 year going out of business sales.

There is a TON of stuff very unethical and nonPC but nothing illegal. That may border on something but I will give it to the guy. That was brilliant. And who knows, maybe he is lying, maybe he really was planning on closing but changed his mind and just doesn't want to admit it.

I don't think he cares if the BBB gives Tshirt hell a poor rating...just sayin.

Yeah, saw that today and thought immediately of this thread and the bajillion dollar bet...good call.

Back