System Rebuild

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Out of a dark and dusty corner of the brewing world, an aged specter emerges.

Hi everyone. Been a while. Life, you know, and too many rant threads.

I have been rebuilding my rig and thought I would share the details. Its always fun to play with stainless!

I'll start with what was.

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

I have taken this all apart and am reconfiguring it so it is simpler to use. The mash tun is being raised and moved to the center, the HLT lowered and the controls removed (with the exception of the pump switch). The result is a smaller footprint and simpler system.

In the attached picture the kettle is on the left, the HLT is in the middle and the Mash tun is closest on the right. The rig has a two zone heat exchanger (black and yellow glycol lines) that has been moved but otherwise remains the same.

Welcome back BrewPastor!
FYI, your pic won't load for me, I think it is broken. I look forward to seeing the rebuild. I need to do this to mine badly. I made my stand way too tall and have to use a ladder on brew days which I don't like. I also need to do what it sounds like you did and move my mash tun to the other side of my HLT. The reason being that when I am doing back to back batches I don't like pouring grain into the mash tun right beside the boil kettle. Keep us posted on the new build!

Back