Syracuse, ny - round 6 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent you a $20 Amazon payment at @ 3pm today

Paul

Ha! I had it narrowed down to you and one other person. Then I was like, it can't be paul, we are kicking back and forth on PM. But the other person didn't make sense.

Ha!

Damn this celebration clone for clouding my head :drunk:

CidahMastah said:
losing my gourd. :D The tough part about getting PM's and posts about payments all day!

trying to decide if I should grab one more bag of base malt... the price on this grain is going to be great....

I'm trying to make the same decision, but also afraid it won't all fit in my car!

ok ignore the previous post about payments - I have it all reconciled.

Good stuff!

CidahMastah said:
ok ignore the previous post about payments - I have it all reconciled.

Good stuff!

Jeez, who put you in charge of handling the cash? Lolz j/k, it's great you've spent so much time on this.

Jeez, who put you in charge of handling the cash? Lolz j/k, it's great you've spent so much time on this.

yeah no kidding! Without paypal and the way the order works it really makes it a challenge. Next time there will be more structure to how we collect payments. I already have some ideas in mind.

Don't worry though, once we get actuals I will post what you owe and what I have received side by side. I am far too cheap to lose even a penny of anyones money, let alone my own!

Bordering on insane... but I just added another BZ-PILS, CM-2ROW, and TF-MOPA... A benefit of the "split" payment is that this order flies under the radar!

164 ITEMS!

Last added:
Jbsengineer added 3 bags - BZ-PILS, CM-2ROW, TF-MOPA (Bags 162, 163, 164)
Hoptopia added 2 bags of CM-2ROW (Bags 160, 161)

Bordering on insane... but I just added another BZ-PILS, CM-2ROW, and TF-MOPA... A benefit of the "split" payment is that this order flies under the radar!

HA - a man after my own heart! To funny

thanks for logging these Jeff!

I totally agree with the split payment benefit. Cidah I know it is late but my plan is to send a money order out to you for my final estimated balance this Friday and deal with the difference via paypal if OK with you.

I just added a sack of BZ-VIEN. I figure it will be quite a while until the next time. (We seem to say this every time!)

165 sacks!

My rationale is that I went back and looked at the last grain buy, where I was able to transport 7+ sacks back. That was returning from vacation with some stuff in the car plus being able to cram ski's in. So, 8.5 sacks in total should be doable?

If not, I will have to store some stuff in someones house!

Nice!

No problem on the payment stuff CBK

I just added a sack of MOPA

166!!!

I figure the chance of my bag getting punted is pretty high, but what the heck! That is why I waited until the end, so others could get in.

FYI everyone, just received another amazon payment: Only $390.44

Jeff- looks like there are some discrepancies in the grain bag amounts on the order status link. I assume some cells fell out of the tally when we added more people?

166 ITEMS!

Last added:
CidahMastah added 1 bag - BD-MOPA (Bag 166)
copyright1997 added 1 bag - BZ-VIEN (Bag 165)

Order status page fixed as well. Thanks for the heads up. Also added est totals to the order status sheet. Also in doing so I found a wrong formula for calculating the total cost.... its actually around $7,000! The formulas for each person should be fine, it was just the total.

Good to go on closing up the sheet?

166 ITEMS!

Last added:
CidahMastah added 1 bag - BD-MOPA (Bag 166)
copyright1997 added 1 bag - BZ-VIEN (Bag 165)

Order status page fixed as well. Thanks for the heads up. Also added est totals to the order status sheet. Also in doing so I found a wrong formula for calculating the total cost.... its actually around $7,000! The formulas for each person should be fine, it was just the total.

Good to go on closing up the sheet?

Very good!

I think we are good to close this up. If anyone has any additions to the sheet please let me know.

SHEET IS LOCKED! ORDER CLOSED! 166 ITEMS!

Also removed all non-closed splits.

If anything needs changing post or contact one of us.

Soooo... what do we do if Cidah disappears to Mexico?

Haha JK!

I think we all have his home address and real name so tracking him down would be easy even in Mexico..I know people, and have people of that sort of thing, I say we trust him, and of course its too late now!!!! Thanks again to everyone who helped make this happen!!! Whens the order get here???

This is the current "paid" status sheet up to the minute. Please review your payment and let me know if I have anything wrong.

You said it waorgany - too late now! ;)

Ignore the schitzo cell there. Not sure why it went nuts.

Paid.jpg

WHEN WILL PICK UP BE:

Unfortunately we will not be able to get this order submitted and shipped before for this weekend. Based on that fact we will be receiving the grain sometime next week with grain pick up starting midweek (at very earliest). Pick up times will be coordinated/communicated by twogunz or through me.

Main pick up times will likely be not this, but the next weekend (17-19th) and possibly during the week after business hours as twogunz can support.

The rest of the process
1. Submit the order and get actual pricing.
2. Provide actual pricing to participants.
3. Once payments have been made you will be cleared for pick up at the pick up location noted in post #2.

More details to follow.

This is the current "paid" status sheet up to the minute. Please review your payment and let me know if I have anything wrong.

You said it waorgany - too late now! ;)

Ignore the schitzo cell there. Not sure why it went nuts.

$8.58 and 4 pico-cents..... It'll be tough to get my penny in that small of a denomenation - but I'll see what I can do!

:drunk:

$8.58 and 4 pico-cents..... It'll be tough to get my penny in that small of a denomenation - but I'll see what I can do!

:drunk:

I accept checks... haha!

If it makes you feel better that is my ghetto sheet. The real numbers (once we get actuals) will come from a tried and true sheet!

Also - guys traveling from outside syracuse feel free to tune up the thread and coordinate a shared pick up. If you want me to store who grabbing bags for who on post 2 I can do so - just let me know as you figure it out.

Check sent.

Anyone from Buffalo or Rochester picking up on this buy? I'm hoping to save a bit of gas and toll money.

Check sent.

Anyone from Buffalo or Rochester picking up on this buy? I'm hoping to save a bit of gas and toll money.

I'm in Buffalo and am planning on making the drive out..... I can grab yours too if you don't mind chipping in a few bucks towards the gas and tolls.

-Weston

westo2 said:
I'm in Buffalo and am planning on making the drive out..... I can grab yours too if you don't mind chipping in a few bucks towards the gas and tolls.

-Weston

Sounds good. I was planning on making the drive too, so however it works out. Paying half for gas and tolls is always better than paying all of it.

If you are picking up a PBW split: Bring a face mask! It dusts up real easy and gets nasty if you breathe it in.

If you are picking up any splits: Bring bags and a scale with you. Also try to not make a mess and try not to spill. We want to leave the facility as we found it, so we might be invited back in the future! Clean up after yourself if you do spill. I know it probably doesn't need to be said since the group is very considerate but just wanted to note it.

Cidah or TwoGunz, do we have any scales we can use for splits? Mine only does 6lbs at a time. Something with a 20 lb capacity would be nice.

If you are picking up a PBW split: Bring a face mask! It dusts up real easy and gets nasty if you breathe it in.

If you are picking up any splits: Bring bags and a scale with you. Also try to not make a mess and try not to spill. We want to leave the facility as we found it, so we might be invited back in the future! Clean up after yourself if you do spill. I know it probably doesn't need to be said since the group is very considerate but just wanted to note it.

Cidah or TwoGunz, do we have any scales we can use for splits? Mine only does 6lbs at a time. Something with a 20 lb capacity would be nice.

Twogunz was saying that he had a bigger scale and I have one I will bring when i am there. I am not sure how it will work out just yet so I will talk with twogunz and try to figure out how he wants to do it.

Basically, if you have a scale try to bring it. There will be at least one scale there, but you may have to wait. With potentially 26 people coming to pick up grain on the same day there may be a wait that you could avoid if you have a scale in hand.

DO bring bags, etc. to put your splits in unless otherwise noted.

Yeah I think a larger scale on hand would be the easiest and best solution?

Twogunz was saying that he had a bigger scale and I have one I will bring when i am there. I am not sure how it will work out just yet so I will talk with twogunz and try to figure out how he wants to do it.

Basically, if you have a scale try to bring it. There will be at least one scale there, but you may have to wait. With potentially 26 people coming to pick up grain on the same day there may be a wait that you could avoid if you have a scale in hand.

DO bring bags, etc. to put your splits in unless otherwise noted.

What size/type of bags tend to work best? Will a standard size garbage bag hold a half split? Is it better for weight to get buckets?

Thanks,
Weston

What size/type of bags tend to work best? Will a standard size garbage bag hold a half split? Is it better for weight to get buckets?

Thanks,
Weston

a standard 13 gallon sized bag should be perfectly fine for most splits. A homer bucket is about 1/2 of a bag of grain (for your reference).

Yeah the bigger scales are better. People can tell you that from using my 5lb scale on the first 4 grain buys at my house! :cross:

WHEN WILL PICK UP BE:

Unfortunately we will not be able to get this order submitted and shipped before for this weekend. Based on that fact we will be receiving the grain sometime next week with grain pick up starting midweek (at very earliest). Pick up times will be coordinated/communicated by twogunz or through me.

Main pick up times will likely be not this, but the next weekend (17-19th) and possibly during the week after business hours as twogunz can support.

The rest of the process
1. Submit the order and get actual pricing.
2. Provide actual pricing to participants.
3. Once payments have been made you will be cleared for pick up at the pick up location noted in post #2.

More details to follow.

I will be out of town next weekend. If possible I would like to be towards the front of the line if there is midweek pickups. If not, I might be able to come back a little early on Sunday and be able to pickup early Sunday evening.

Anyone from the Rochester area picking up grain. I have a Ford Ranger which can fit 1 other person and all your grain. Willing to share driving expenses. Let me know if there is any interest.

Back